Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had a THREE FOOT PENCIL, I could impale you with it, given it was sharp enough.

Also, if you're going to argue Impale, argue twist. If you TWIST SOMEONES INSIDES around, you're not going to stand up and say OHAI, ALL BETTER! *sip health;eat arnical;steadfast*.

Comment

STOCK command

It'd sure be nice if I could just see skirts with STOCK SKIRT (by that I mean anything where "skirt" appears in the description, I suppose). So many shops have so much stuff it's very hard to find the bit you want.

Comment

Speaking of shopping, here are two more things that would be great:
        • When I check STOCK, have a line show me that the shopkeeper won't sell to me.
        • When I EXAMINE something in a shop, have a line tell me if I am not going to be able to carry it without a cart.

In both cases the only way to tell is to try it and find out, which might have involved a long trip, possibly with a cart, just to find out.

Comment

Here's a related idea. How about when you go to examine something (ie, a runebag), it defaults to anything you're holding, and -then- to something in the shop.
          Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
          You say, "Go get it!"
          You throw a light crystal to the up.
          You have recovered balance.
          Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
          Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
            If I had a THREE FOOT PENCIL, I could impale you with it, given it was sharp enough.

Also, if you're going to argue Impale, argue twist. If you TWIST SOMEONES INSIDES around, you're not going to stand up and say OHAI, ALL BETTER! *sip health;eat arnical;steadfast*.
            Three of long, sharp material versus about 9 inches or less from a dagger, and with a battle axe, there's no real spike and the tips of the blades are more rounded than anything, so if you could actually impale someone with that, that alone would kill them in all reality. Sure, you can jab and stab, but I'm not sure about impaling, ( i.e. through the body and into the ground as well).

Plus, with the damage bonus on axes, being able to impale, then rip and twist with them makes them very strong. And something doesn't really even have to a be shart to impale, with enough force behind it. You can take a steel rod of about four feet and put it through someone all the way with enough force behind it.
            The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
            --------------------------------
            Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

if you could actually impale someone with that, that alone would kill them in all reality.
              There is the reason you'll see people impaling with axes. It's not reality. Maybe Akanbarians have REALLY easy skin to penetrate. You just don't know.

And, yes, battleaxe seems to be the way to go when a knight class. I used an iron one and seemed to do pretty nifty.

Comment

But that's the purpose of the game, isn't it, to simulate a fantasy realm with realistic situations. Not in the way of the modern lives we know outside of the game, but in the way of someone actually living out such a life, in such a realm, were it to exist. Thinking of myths and legends, while some sound absurd, they more or less "make sense". Sure, someone can conjure and hurl fire, or quickly disect someone with superb swordsmanship....but there are not flying ships or castles, animals don't talk. It rains, snows, the sun and moons rotate. And so on and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                  But that's the purpose of the game, isn't it, to simulate a fantasy realm with realistic situations. ... the sun and moons rotate. And so on and so forth.
                  Actually if you want to talk about it being realistic, I wouldn't look too closely at the moons, because there's no way to make their orbit make the slightest bit of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                    But that's the purpose of the game, isn't it, to simulate a fantasy realm with realistic situations.
                    In light of Akanbar apparently needing to go more towards being "realistic", I propose the following ideas
                    1- Ice dragons melt during the summer. During the winter, if the Storm warden works up a sweat, they get stuck to the dragon.
                    2- After about twenty or so herbs consumed, you cannot eat any more for at least one day
                    3- Some people are actually allergic to arnica. And healing potion
                    4- After you impale someone, their armour is pretty much shot, since there's a giant gaping hole in it
                    5- Every time you *ahem*, someone gets pregnant. Every. Time.
                    6- People with wounds/missing limbs/burns etc in their description are healed once they die. Or are healed once they apply the respective cure.
                    7- You actually can't hold more than five things at once, else you start dropping things
                    8- If you're paralyzed, you can't do jack squat, let alone raise your hand up to puff a pipe. Also, if both arms are broken, you can't heal anymore. Oh, and those five items you're holding fall to the ground.
                    9- You have to have scabbards specially made for your weapons, as in a scabbard that holds a dagger can't be used to hold a broadsword.
                    10- Zycandos actually randomly selects a few people to NOT return to Akanbar once they die.
                    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                    You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xinia View Post
                      bunch of junk.
                      WHOOSH! That was the point of my post going over your head. Realistic Fantasy...I thought the concept would be easy to understand, foolish me. Such things as having to eat and sleep, as well as the currency system(gold, silver, and copper rather than just gold coins) are the type of Realistic elements in which I was refering. They bring a serious, more detailed view and experiance to Akanbar. There are other things which contradict and even negate such experiances however. Such as previously stated, not being able to see at all at night unless you have a torch light or a light crystal, when there are two moons revolving overhead at night. Invisible fireplaces in Inns and Taverns. Not being able to examine your own pack unless you use the number when you are in a shop that sells backpacks, or able to pick things up from, and put things on a table while sitting at a chair next to the table(which can only be assumed it's next to the table, when the room has a table). Being able to impale with just about anything. One could probably forge a silver spoon, sharpen the end, and impale someone with it. In short....these things are "Silly". But, all of this is trumped by the sillyness of people trying to be sarcastic, and seem to have no sense of seriousness.

Comment

• You're complaining about how it's unrealistic that someone can be impaled by an axe. So I respond by listing off similar things, albeit in a sarcastic manner. In short, yea, some things are going to be a bit odd, but it's a game with a limited number of coders. Making sure weapon size and shape is taken into consider in an attack is probably one of the farthest things from their minds and honestly would be silly to bother with, as would be the things I listed above. No one's that inconvenienced because an axe impaled them rather than a longsword, as oppose to the other ideas said. The main reason why your idea proposal irks me so much is that while everyone else is suggesting ideas in an effort to improve the game and make things easier/more interesting for people, you suggest an idea that wouldn't help players out nor improve the overall experience for people.
                        You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                        You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

• Here's another one that I bet is super-easy to code: the HELP verb should work when you're asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xinia View Post
                            more stuff
                            Everyone knows battle axes do more damage than swords, and you shouldn't be able to impale with them in the first place. It's just stupid, and it effects fighting. If you want to do a lot of damage and still impale, should get a better sword. What's so difficult about that concept to understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                              It's just stupid, and it effects fighting.
                              Affects. It affects it. Effect is something that comes because of it.

Comment

• honestly though, it doesn't give any one group an edge over any other group, so I don't think it should take a priority. maybe in the long run, but not now, when there are much more pressing issues.
                                You give the body of Mordikhan, Dragon of Bronze to Silas.

Silas says, "You just handed me a dragon."

You say, "Yes, yes I did."

Silas slowly takes a step back.

Silas blinks.

Silas has just walked south.

Comment

Working...
                                X