This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please please switch that back!

Haha....fights as a melee were so much easier back in the day of parry/switch to pike/riposte/skewer/rip (death by foe).

But seriously, this was probably the most overpowered abuse around back what 2-3 years ago? Melee is already pretty strong, adding no balance in the switch between a fast weapon/slower weapon(large damage spike) was a bit much.

Idea:

I'd personally like to see a different mount for the Legion.....though the only one I can truly think of is changing a warhose to a demonic steed. I will dream....

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
      I'd personally like to see a different mount for the Legion.....though the only one I can truly think of is changing a warhose to a demonic steed. I will dream....
      Skeletal horses in place of lesser warhorses, spectral horses in place of war chargers, infernal steeds in place of warhorses.

New Rituals skill to 'taint' your chosen mount (putting its corpse in a pentagram?), which offers no benefit aside from flavour.

(Give the word if this is an alright idea, I may or may not already have these descriptions sitting in a folder somewhere >_>)
      Last edited by Dimetrius; 19 July 2012, 10:50 PM.
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
        Skeletal horses in place of lesser warhorses, spectral horses in place of war chargers, infernal steeds in place of warhorses.

New Rituals skill to 'taint' your chosen mount (putting its corpse in a pentagram?), which offers no benefit aside from flavour.

(Give the word if this is an alright idea, I may or may not already have these descriptions sitting in a folder somewhere >_>)
        +1
        Love this

Comment

• I'm more of a mind that they could go out and train beasts of the land. In my (aging) perception of the Legion, they would be the type to beat some beast into submission rather than do a ritual and turn blandhorse45252 into ghoulhorse45252. Just an outsider's opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
            Skills
            Kaal Skill idea
            In my experience, creating something because the concept of the situation is cool, but the finer details of what it is isn't as cool end up being the ideas that players don't enjoy as much as you end up focusing more on making the concept as cool as possible and not so much the specific skill.

In addition, god given abilities, like the apothecary boon skill, while cool, should not be used too much as it turns into either players sucking up to a God for their approval to gain an advantage or the patroned child (Elysium in the current situation) gaining a huge advantage over a player, which said player can't help themselves with.

Originally posted by roeshak View Post
            Roeshak curing idea
            Curing for assassin skills will not be changed in the near future. Certainly, they are a pain, but they are not impossible to beat. They are already given a large disadvantage from their original state as people learn how to cure them easily (partially their fault for showing them off) and then further how anyone can use toxins should they get a hold of them. "Nerf"ing them further would make them leather-clad runesmiths and no one wants that image.

Originally posted by Malic View Post
            Malic's addition to Dimetrius's idea
            Typically, with situations like this, I greatly prefer to take Occam's razor approach (though that pertains to theories and My version, Jaethor's razor, applies to ideas). In addition, Dimetrius's question of "Doesn't this mean that the people handing out favours could take a biased approach?" results in me disliking this idea greatly.

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
            Remove balance lose for wielding/unwielding equipment.
            The angry mob behind you explained why this one is a "no".

Originally posted by Carllen View Post
            City Taxes
            It will be discussed. For sake of not looking biased, however, I find you to be ugly and reminiscent of a swine's behind.

Originally posted by David View Post
            David Mount Idea
            Hmm. Maybe maybe. It will be discussed as well. For sake of also not appearing biased, I will also say in this response that I find Carllen to be ugly and reminiscent of a swine's behind.

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
            Chyren Addition to David's Mount Idea
            I feel obligated to make a "beat the dead horse" joke. Instead, however, I will mention that this is highly improbable if the concept is even implemented. From a roleplay perspective, perhaps, but the Shadow Warriors would lose a significant portion of roleplay if another guild could tame.

I believe that should be all ideas, but if I missed any, that is unfortunate.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post

Typically, with situations like this, I greatly prefer to take Occam's razor approach (though that pertains to theories and My version, Jaethor's razor, applies to ideas). In addition, Dimetrius's question of "Doesn't this mean that the people handing out favours could take a biased approach?" results in me disliking this idea greatly.
              While I'm not entirely disagreeing with this possibility of bias, I would like to point out that the whole of Golgonath's political structure is open to such. The Master of All has complete autonomy in selecting the remaining leadership, its nothing but bias. It has always been this way, excepting that short time where we had elections, and I think we can all agree that we don't want to go there again.

Give us the ability to select a Master of All, and everything else will take care of itself. Even Jaethor's Razor would have to agree its a simple solution.

Side Note: Greatly enjoyed the above post, I had a good chuckle.
              We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• I think I prefer bias.

Comment

• There's supposed to be a clear distinction between Golgonian society and Elysian society.

In Elysium the government works for the people, they have the vote. Its a democracy.

Golgonath is supposed to be more of a dictatorship, the people work for the government. Hierarchy is important.

Serfs and Commoners have their place in Golgonath but they should not be able to stand for election by challenging a Master for a 'seat' on the Inner Circle.

The only way a serf or commoner should be able to get on the Inner Circle is if the Patron or Master of All puts them there.
                  The cream of society on the other hand, such as Counts, could still question.

Thats the way I see it anyway.

Comment

• On a different note.

Mind Read in psionics should be made more useful and less useless by telling you what potions and herbs the person has stocked.

Considering the way forsaken often have to fight these days that would be nice.

- Or at least it should tell you if the person has ironwill on.
                    Last edited by Demandred; 25 July 2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• A nearby sign proclaims this as the establishment of Traders.
                      You browse the stock of the shop.
                      ---------------------------------
                      [1] 83g 0s 0c "bastardsword11058" a mithril bastardsword
                      [6] 4g 7s 5c "pickaxe27128" an iron pickaxe
                      [6] 5g 5s 0c "longsword40705" an iron longsword
                      [3] 11g 0s 0c "bastardsword47927" an iron bastardsword
                      [6] 6g 0s 0c "shield49058" an iron tower shield
                      [5] 4g 5s 0c "pike52519" an iron pike

Examine Pike

You run your eye over an iron pike.
                      The pike is similar to the halberd in design, except that the pole is much
                      longer and the axe head is more pointed for thrusting. It requires greater
                      skill than the halberd to use but has been proved much more effective. You
                      can make out the glyph of Lawrence. {Pike52519 has a price value of 4g 5s 0c.}

I am wondering if at a certain point in awareness if you could gain a skill that allows you to discern the price value of something by just examining it. So many times I might be examining something relative to clothing, or jewelry or weapons and I find out later that I just examined the item that was in my inventory instead of the item in the store. I think this could help differentiate things.

Also, maybe a skill in merchantry or awareness along the same principle above but indicates something like

{The <item> is marked high/low relation to the rest of Akanbar} - This could let the examiner know that there is a product out there that might be cheaper somewhere else in the world.
                      I'd even suggest that examining an item could tell you exactly where you could find the same thing cheaper. For instance {A bottle could be found at the winery for approximately 2s cheaper.}

I am aware we can examine by numbers, I just thought this might be a cool feature to add. Though i fear it might be extremely difficult to do...

Comment

• My idea and this is something I've actually just thought about here recently. We just got barbed armour mainly for the looks of it, that's awesome. Same stats as platemail and same number of ores used. Well I would love to see the spiked helm be at least slightly increased in defensive value, I mean, its only 1 less ore than a great helm but it is 6 points less than that of a great helm in defensive value. Perhaps give it a 3 point difference instead of 6, its not much of a damage difference but I feel as though it isn't equal to each other. I want to look like a guard of Golgonath with the barbed armour and spiked helm but my armour rating is going to go down 6 points just because of the helm...
                        Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                        A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• I know for a fact that this idea has already been presented somewhere in the long list of ideas. However, I am just wondering as to why it hasn't been implemented as of yet or if there are any plans in the future to implement this.

I'd like to see a greater variety in staffs. Wooden staff and Obsidian staff are the only two that I am aware of. I am curious if we could add a Trident as a weapon? I personally think think that this could be an ideal weapon for members of the Storm Wardens. The Shamans could have a special wooden staff that is carved out of the Imlatas tree (ie a quest that is done with the elves in that region). As for the Pyromancers, for some reason I think a staff which actually is enveloped in fire would be very unique. A skill/quest with the eternal flame.

I'd like to hear your thoughts...

Comment

• There are more types.
                            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                              My idea and this is something I've actually just thought about here recently. We just got barbed armour mainly for the looks of it, that's awesome. Same stats as platemail and same number of ores used. Well I would love to see the spiked helm be at least slightly increased in defensive value, I mean, its only 1 less ore than a great helm but it is 6 points less than that of a great helm in defensive value. Perhaps give it a 3 point difference instead of 6, its not much of a damage difference but I feel as though it isn't equal to each other. I want to look like a guard of Golgonath with the barbed armour and spiked helm but my armour rating is going to go down 6 points just because of the helm...
                              There are two sides to this sort of thing. One that says 'If you want a certain look, you may have to settle for a disparity in actual value', and another that says, 'Everything should be equal'. There's either a response that implies aesthetics are favoured for the sake of being, ergo having all of the items set with equal value, or one that implies there's little point to making a variety if they're all going to suit the same basic purpose on an identical standing. In this case, I'm more in favour of the first, but...well. That then turns into 'Well if we have X, we should also have Y, Z, alpha and omega!'.

Not sure where I stand on this, personally.
                              Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• My only issue here is the ore usage. I mean, I love the look of the spiked helm and I understand making some sacrifice for the look I suppose. My point here is that there is only a 1 ore difference, look at the stats off all the other armours and all 1 ore wouldn't be this dramatic of a difference. And honestly if you look at it from the point of view of the person making the helm I would think a spiked helm would not only take more or than the great helm (because of the spikes) but also would protect you more because it would take more ore to make. Just wanting either it to be something like 2-3 ore difference if it keeps the 6 point stat difference or give it another 2-3 points to effectively make it even.
                                Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                                A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Working...
                                X