Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a totally separate idea from the above. Ok, as most of us know now, the assassin's understand how to mess up peoples clients in order to win. I may be naive in thinking I have more or less corrected this problem for the most part; in the least, I have enough checks and balances to keep me from just out right dying. HOWEVER, we can only make two cures at a time which causes a bit of a problem when they have powders circulating and they are stabbing you. I have a log if anyone wishes to see, but I fought Filch and Akanbar was not even registering that I had a pipe with coriander in it (even though I cured this not even 5 seconds before hand) Again I'm not perfect in triggering or curing but somethings off, I don't find this as a bug but allow us to cure whatever we need as quickly as possible at least to make it fair. It isn't like you can do everything all at once, at least not without a decent order of doing it. Idea being better curing for the massive amount of afflictions being able to be caused through powders and mixing?
    Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
    A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• The easiest solution is to not fight in powders. Considering the long balance time on throwing powders + having a limited supply, you will eventually be fighting somewhere without them, or at least all of them.

Beyond that, with the way things are handled in Akanbar, I really don't think this is necessary. There have been many combatants who have handled Assassins just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
        For a long time now, angry text wars have erupted over the governmental structure of Golgonath.
        A few ideas have come up here and there relative to possible changes, but none have every really
        'clicked' both thematically and mechanically, or with the Head Honcho. So, I've come up with a small
        suggestion that may please all sides.
        I would like to add to this suggestion. David, Demandred and myself had a discussion about this idea, and reached a consensus that follows.

We approve of the concept in general, but with several modifactions.
        Mostly we'd like to see options available to replace inactive leaders rather than just attempting to replace someone whom you happen to think you could do a better job than.

To achieve this end, people with the top city rank (currently counts) have an option to challenge a member of the inner circle. Obviously it would stand that the only people to be given this top city rank would be people that the current leadership deems competent enough to be part of the ruling structure, thus creating a "reserve" group of leaders should the current ones not be able to do their jobs.

Once a challenge is made, a mini election would take place. With the only two people allowed to vote being the person challenging and the person they are challenging. Given that the challenger will vote for themself, the only two possible results are: 1- Each person votes for themselves and the incumbent master holds their position. 2- The incumbent doesn't vote for themself (due to inactivity presumably) and the challenger wins the position.
        As the focus is allowing the city an option to replace inactive leaders, a longish duration on the election might be a good idea. 7-6 months.

Given that a active Master of All would render all of the above obsolete, I can't help but feel a more common sense option might be to allow the same process to be applied to the master of all position with the only challengers being the inner circle members. I know that there is great hesitation do go down that path again after some of the messes that have been made by elections, and I'm not even sure if any of the current inner circle would be that quick to use this option, but having no options open to us doesn't provide us with any inspiration either. With no patron we have no one to try to impress, and no obvious hope things will improve, this could be an answer to that.
        We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
          To achieve this end, people with the top city rank (currently counts) have an option to challenge a member of the inner circle. Obviously it would stand that the only people to be given this top city rank would be people that the current leadership deems competent enough to be part of the ruling structure, thus creating a "reserve" group of leaders should the current ones not be able to do their jobs.
          Unless we had yet another rank snipped (I'm looking at you, marquis!), duke should still be higher than count.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Ha! So true. I haven't seen one in years. Blux was that last one I recall.
            We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
              Ha! So true. I haven't seen one in years. Blux was that last one I recall.
              Ivan and Senji were also dukes, from what I recall.

Anyways, back to the discussion at hand. I see no problem with keeping it as suggested (top ranks having the ability to contest Masters), however, why not open the election to the whole of the current Inner Circle? This would be ideal not only in the case of inactive Masters, but also in the case where the current Master is completely worthless, and the Circle would also rather have the challenger.

This system does have a few flaws, though, mainly in that Masters wishing to hold their positions for an indeterminate length could simply abstain from promoting hard-working and able citizens.

While the less-mechanical side of me does bear a grudge over allowing Circle-restricted elections for the Master of All (too Elysian, bah!), common sense tells me that in times like these, where we're left with an absent/non-existent Patron, that may be best.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• No Balance Lose for Wield/Unwield

Remove balance lose for wielding/unwielding equipment.
                The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
                --------------------------------
                Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

• Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                  That was implemented purposely a few years back, when warriors were fond of unwield/wield aliases to swap weapons on the fly. Shieldslamming, then swapping for a two-hander to hack and such. It should stay, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                    That was implemented purposely a few years back, when warriors were fond of unwield/wield aliases to swap weapons on the fly. Shieldslamming, then swapping for a two-hander to hack and such. It should stay, imo.
                    To expand on what he said, when there wasn't a balance loss on changing weapons, you could get some pretty massive damage very quickly. To take it a step further, say you swing with a rapier that has celica on it right after your opponent has attacked you - You will regain balance faster because of the weapon size, they will be stuck on the ground and you can freely switch to a pike and do a lot more damage than a rapier would for impale/hack.

Or the even simpler one: When people would get a parry, they would switch from using longsword(dps king against physical classes) and quickchange to a pike and get off a skewer with that. Rip(I think thats the skill), switch back to longsword and keep going. Was a needed change, especially with a class like Legion being able to run it.

Comment

• I propose a "CITY TAXES" command for Finance senators and their equivalents. As far as I know there's no way for a city official to see if a particular shop has taxes outstanding if that shop has a tenant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carllen View Post
                        I propose a "CITY TAXES" command for Finance senators and their equivalents. As far as I know there's no way for a city official to see if a particular shop has taxes outstanding if that shop has a tenant.
                        Can they not just go into the shop and look?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                          To expand on what he said, when there wasn't a balance loss on changing weapons, you could get some pretty massive damage very quickly. To take it a step further, say you swing with a rapier that has celica on it right after your opponent has attacked you - You will regain balance faster because of the weapon size, they will be stuck on the ground and you can freely switch to a pike and do a lot more damage than a rapier would for impale/hack.

Or the even simpler one: When people would get a parry, they would switch from using longsword(dps king against physical classes) and quickchange to a pike and get off a skewer with that. Rip(I think thats the skill), switch back to longsword and keep going. Was a needed change, especially with a class like Legion being able to run it.
                          Well you would have to regain balance before you could change weapons, wouldn't you? It would be good to be able to efficiently switch between weapons mid-fight. Otherwise, you just waste time and take hits trying to unwield, wait for balance, rewield. Switching from a rapier to a longsword/broadsword is a viable tactic I think. You're going to need balance to use it regardless, so I just don't think it should take balance to wield it when it doesn't take balance to unwield it.
                          The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
                          --------------------------------
                          Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

Well you would have to regain balance before you could change weapons, wouldn't you? It would be good to be able to efficiently switch between weapons mid-fight. Otherwise, you just waste time and take hits trying to unwield, wait for balance, rewield. Switching from a rapier to a longsword/broadsword is a viable tactic I think. You're going to need balance to use it regardless, so I just don't think it should take balance to wield it when it doesn't take balance to unwield it.
                            If you're going to switch weapons in the middle of a fight, you -should- be taking hits. Otherwise, I want balance-less retract/claws/talons, so -I- can switch back and forth between those and a broadsword easily, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                              Can they not just go into the shop and look?
                              Nope. Only the tenant has authority to view shop status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carllen View Post
                                Nope. Only the tenant has authority to view shop status.
                                Weird. Got my support, then!

Comment

Working...
                                X