Dream up a guild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream up a guild!

Here's something easy and fun! Combine three available guild skills that already exist in the realms to create a guild that suites your idea of a possibly fun guild to play.

I'd combine Symbiosis, Hymns, and Merchantry to make a mercenary-like Heretic guild. With Symbiosis and Hymsn combined, you'd never have to eat OR sleep ever again. Plus you'd get ridiculous health regeneration, as though you have an iv drip of health potions feeding into you 24/7. Merchantry has some of the best utility in the realms... for both combat and noncombat. Body guards auto-impedes, and the awesome Darting skill as an escape mechanism.

Melee- Fun weapon attacks
    Hymns- Awesome defenses + hymn of life
    Intonation- Stigmata+gating+non-rune shielding *drool*
    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
    You say, "Go get it!"
    You throw a light crystal to the up.
    You have recovered balance.
    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Originally posted by Xinia View Post
      Melee- Fun weapon attacks
      Hymns- Awesome defenses + hymn of life
      Intonation- Stigmata+gating+non-rune shielding *drool*
      Sounds like a holy warrior bard class.

Comment

I would do... Hymns, duh, for the healing, and some pretty cool effects from all the chants,verses, hymns... etcetera. Psionics for the afflicting, even though I think a few of them could be better than what they are. annnnnnd lastly, Runelore cause you get free shields, some afflictions, a decent method of escape, and the skill to pretty much bash most things super early.

Comment

Royal Guard

Runelore
          Warfare
          Melee

Eternity/Chaos runes mixed with the hard hitting melee/warfare mix with a horse would make the guild virtually unstoppable.

Basically the foundation would be based around Domhan and his royal guards, a twist on the current Runesmiths who well lack a lot of everything besides being great bashers, Domhan would be the tutor, but you would have to donate coin every year to stay within his ranks.
          Last edited by Aaridan; 21 August 2010, 07:25 PM.
          To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
            Runelore
            Warfare
            Melee

Eternity/Chaos runes mixed with the hard hitting melee/warfare mix with a horse would make the guild virtually unstoppable.

Basically the foundation would be based around Domhan and his royal guards, a twist on the current Runesmiths who well lack a lot of everything besides being great bashers, Domhan would be the tutor, but you would have to donate coin every year to stay within his ranks.
            Yeah, that'd be bummer. Getting eternity'd + chaos'd, shieldslamed + impaled, and then twisted to death.

Comment

intonation melee runelore
              Stigmata, impale and eternity, if it was possible to pull that off, you're pretty much screwed.
              Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

People put so much faith in Stigmata, until they've had the pleasure of using it. It's nice, yeah...but it serves mostly as a distraction. And it doesn't exactly do the best job, from a users point of view. I'm shocked not one person has mentioned Toxins, though a certain sooomeone thinks Psionics is good. It's so not D:
                Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                  People put so much faith in Stigmata, until they've had the pleasure of using it. It's nice, yeah...but it serves mostly as a distraction. And it doesn't exactly do the best job, from a users point of view. I'm shocked not one person has mentioned Toxins, though a certain sooomeone thinks Psionics is good. It's so not D:
                  Yeah... Stig n' Psionics are too slow. I'd like to think them as "semi-afflict". Both serve as a distraction and to weed out foes who aren't familiar with afflictions. o.o Besides, a Forsaken's true shine is bleedin' the crap out of you until you run out of clotting, just like how Wardens will make you go through a ton of warming salves until you're a frozen Popsicle. So end-game wise... it's best to use Psionics to spam nose bleed for the extra bleeding to drain their clotting. You'd be surprised with how much clotting they'll drain, and the damage from all that bleeding combined with rip/tear/throatrip. Haha...

For the hell of it... the Elementalist Class! Tempestry, Earthelore, and Pyromancy. Mwahaha.
                  Last edited by Joscelin; 22 August 2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Well, if we wanna get into semantics >.>
                    I didn't use toxins because melee wielders don't hit fast enough for toxins to be useful. That's why I used stigmata, so that I could deal damage and afflict at a steady rate, rather than sacrificing damage for speed. Can I change one of my skills to "Godhood"? "oh, hello. You want to fight? Ready? Set *zap* Go."
                    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                    You say, "Go get it!"
                    You throw a light crystal to the up.
                    You have recovered balance.
                    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

...this is assuming that the skills in these guilds function with one another i'm assuming?
                      going on with that assumption

Brigand - Melee, toxins, warfare
                      Like Strakon, only... yeah, like Strakon.

Also, there (has to/is more) more to godhood then zapping misbehaving mortals... i mean come on have you SEEN the sword
                      that Anath had/has? I want one! Would be neat to see Shaman's making stone weapons.
                      Last edited by Pyrok; 22 August 2010, 08:15 PM. Reason: After thoughts primarily.
                      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Sillyness, all of you.

Assassination - Darts/Powders. I guess you could use mixing with a rapier.
                        Runecrafting - Ammo and all.
                        Runelore - Eternity/Water ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                          Sillyness, all of you.

Assassination - Darts/Powders. I guess you could use mixing with a rapier.
                          Runecrafting - Ammo and all.
                          Runelore - Eternity/Water ; )
                          See, there is an underlying issue with my guild and yours.....I picked runelore/warfare/melee, but come to think on it I'd need to most likely switch warfare for runecrafting so I could craft runes. You'd need to switch one of those for Toxins to be able to harvest them.....unless we are assuming that you have unlimited access to Toxins and I runes.
                          To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

Hmm... I guess I might as well try this at least once... Let's go with...

Symbiosis - All the perks of being undead, plus the health boost.
                            Melee - All the fun close quarters combat skills, plus increased damage with a weapon.
                            Spirits - Extra defense plus all the nifty spirit perks.

I've always said it'd be cool to have a Forsaken hybrid. I think this combination of skills would make a pretty decent combatant.
                            You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
                            Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
                            You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
                            Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
                            Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

Originally posted by Vriel View Post
                              Hmm... I guess I might as well try this at least once... Let's go with...

Symbiosis - All the perks of being undead, plus the health boost.
                              Melee - All the fun close quarters combat skills, plus increased damage with a weapon.
                              Spirits - Extra defense plus all the nifty spirit perks.

I've always said it'd be cool to have a Forsaken hybrid. I think this combination of skills would make a pretty decent combatant.
                              Ooo! How bout Demonologist?

Pyromancy - Flaming as an escape mechanism and fire storm for extra damage.
                              Symbiosis - Extra health, healing bonuses, damage, and bleeding
                              Rituals - More physical damage and unpredictable defenses

Comment

Working...
                              X