Complaints Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
    This is less of a complaint, and more of an unfortunate fact I felt was proper to state for those impacted. Starting at some point on the fourth of this month (two days from now), I will be unable to log in for an unknown length of time because of reasons. With some luck I'll be back before TOO long, because few things are more disappointing to me than an immortal making a splash and disappearing a short time later.

But that doesn't mean everyone gets to slack off while I'm gone! Be kind to your fellow players, even the ones you hate (they're real people, too). Take care of your novices, even your enemy's novices if the need arises. Don't annoy Jaethor too much, and please, for the love of everything, vote at every opportunity. Progress, inspire, commit to your roles, all that jazz!

I'll be around as much as possible until the dreaded time comes, but after that...fingers crossed that I'll be back to my brooding perch sometime soon.
    Aha, My plan has succeeded. Time to reconstruct Golgonath in My image. Let us topple the statues of your oppressors and... well, construct one of your new one. That's how freedom works, right?
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Mind you, this isn't a matter of whether or not I -will- be back...but how soon until I -get- back. I will be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
        Mind you, this isn't a matter of whether or not I -will- be back...but how soon until I -get- back. I will be back.
        Who are you again?

Comment

• Complaint: Akanbar doesn't like me twiddling her bits, apparently.

But a more serious one: Guys, if I'm nice to you, it doesn't mean it's OK to think we've become best of friends. Surprisingly, I'm nice to most players until he or she oversteps his or her boundaries. Don't think that if I'm nice to you or we chat about in game things, it means I am at all willing to give you secret information or special treatment. Asking for that will just end up pissing me off.
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
            ...if I'm nice to you...
            Shake it don't break it, use it don't abuse it. No one is safe from Jaethor's ire.

No one.

Comment

• North - Ysallyra
              South - Travanok
              East - Golgonath
              West - Marinford, Elysium

REALLY?!... What happened to these lands? What happened to exploring... taking risk? Maybe we should put signs up that have the quests in each village? 5 minutes in any of these directions would provide an explorer with this kind of information... Is this really necessary?

Not to mention, isn't that what the hall of portals is supposed to do? I mean... feels a bit redundant?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                Not to mention, isn't that what the hall of portals is supposed to do? I mean... feels a bit redundant?
                You are aware that the signpost in question has existed since long, long...LONG before the Hall of Portals, yes? Before yourself, in fact!

Comment

REALLY?!... What happened to these lands? What happened to exploring... taking risk? Maybe we should put signs up that have the quests in each village? 5 minutes in any of these directions would provide an explorer with this kind of information... Is this really necessary?
                  Sorry, I hate adding new places to explore especially those with dangerous twists and turns, let alone difficult things to figure out. Damn you, Jaethor. Damn you to hell. You've made it too easy to solve everything about Akanbar.

Comment

• Yep, I love that sign. I read it once when I was a novice, and figured I pretty much had life covered. I've done nothing since.
                    We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• I hate forum trolls.

....but I love irony and hypocrisy.
                      We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• The signs at CC have not existed for more than a few weeks.. maybe a month. You must be referring to the sings in the Hall of Portal. Those signs, i have no problem with. The 9 new signs at CC... are ridiculous.

Don't argue with me that those 9 signs have been there the whole time of my existence, because I have traveled that area probably more than a 100 thousand times, marched countless armies through there as well. That is new... and it is redundant.

Looks like someone was bored is all... and I don't think it is necessary. We have countless good ideas in the Idea thread that are declined because it would be a week long novelty that every player would get bored of or no longer used, but we get these signs

I can remember as a wee little novice thinking to myself, "God, if only there were a sign to tell what was in each direction".

Lets put a series of signs in Marinford directing us to the Commodity shop, the Blacksmith, the Fletcher? Lets place a sign in Ischla'Os that directs us to the Horse trader, butcher, theater and what not.

On a side note... can we get some signs out in the ocean...? I'd like to find a sign floating in the ocean which told me the respective directions to Carmena and Mount Ijicen?

Mount Ijicen 40 nautical miles west
                        <----
                        <----

Comment

• 'North - Ysallyra
                          South - Travanok
                          East - Golgonath
                          West - Marinford, Elysium'

^That signpost has existed since before I started playing, if I remember correctly, which was A LONG TIME AGO.

The other signs were for some recent competition, nothing more.

Comment

Don't argue with me that those 9 signs have been there the whole time of my existence, because I have traveled that area probably more than a 100 thousand times, marched countless armies through there as well. That is new... and it is redundant.

Looks like someone was bored is all... and I don't think it is necessary.
                            As always, thank you for your valued contributions and feedback.

I am going to argue with you as I please, because you are not only incorrect in both your assumptions and perspective, but argumentative yourself from the get-go. Silas is correct: the sign at the crossroads has existed since before he started playing - which was before I started playing - which was well before you started playing. The additional directional signs were part of the colosseum promotion, and have been removed following its completion.

And before Someone Else arrives, I will tell you my stance on discussions pertaining to the Ideas thread, as well. Respectfully and with full honesty.

The way things between gods work is...well, vastly different from how you would likely assume. I have stated to you, personally, that I am neither a coder nor administrator, and the same holds true for Erebus; our place is strictly in-character as a city patron and roleplaying facilitator, as well as (from time to time) a creative resource for things such as writing and plot contrivance. We hold discussions amongst ourselves pertaining to what I would say is each and every post within the Ideas thread, most times very, very shortly after the posting itself.

There are a lot of ideas that I agree with that another god might disagree with, for various reasons on either side. Some are acceptable and plausible, and are added to the queue - a long queue, with multiple, more pressing issues and projects in line before it. Other ideas are scrapped immediately because of impossibilities relating to things I have no control over, but compromises are sometimes made through discussion. As you are well aware, the "administrative team" as a blanket term is extremely small, and strictly on a volunteer basis. We all have jobs, lives and concerns outside of Akanbar, but do our damndest to achieve our self-given and Higher Power goals as best we can.

As for these 'countless good ideas' you speak of, I agree that there -are- diamonds in the rough. But just because an idea is 'good' does not mean it will crop up in the immediate or near future. Myself and the rest of the gods are, believe it or not, constantly working on any number of things that will hopefully serve as nothing aside from a benefit to the playerbase on some front. Our reward is a pat on the back for a job well done, and if we are lucky a word of appreciation on behalf of a player or two. Your frustrations are understandable, and hit home especially with myself. But when I tell you that we are doing all that we can at present, take it literally, and please hold the attitude the next time you visit these boards. Demoralizing the volunteer staff is certainly not going to improve our productivity, our zeal, or our availability.

At the very least I would ask that you respect the time and devotion that we have to give, as our purpose is ultimately to serve you - to turn your ideas, our ideas and Zycandos' vision into something that will offer quality over quantity, and give players the outlet they are looking for. If your needs are not being met, the best advice I can give you is to stick it out and wait for whatever might be around the corner. You never know, you might actually be satisfied.
                            Last edited by Nakarym; 24 August 2013, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Hi,

Sign-poster here. The above feral dog and... bird (so last month) are correct, it was for an event in which Shelandra (21), Vulcan (18) and Ilshara (came out of dormancy in time to participate), all non-senators and definitely non-proconsuls, represented Elysium in order to very narrowly come in second place in a competition. The signs, if you bothered to follow them, actually directly pointed you to the Colosseum. Clearly, you did not follow them, so I have to wonder just how many more signs I should have put for you to notice enough to follow them. Apparently nine wasn't enough.

Furthermore, you're suggesting we put out signs in the ocean to point to islands, but you throw a fit when there are signs on the crossroads pointing to villages? I am hoping there is some sense of sarcasm here in the idea you've posted in the wrong thread. If not, realize this is the complaints department, not the idea thread. Complain away, but make sure you've logged more than 2 hours in the past month before you do so, else you'll end up getting torn up.

If you're thinking that my comparatively nicer-sounding post means I'm not angered by your deteriorating argument, please re-read Nakarym's post. I will probably two more times before I even finish my dinner. Also, if you're complaining about things being overly obvious, look to what's going on in your own city, under your nose, that started because of your obliviousness to what's been going on since before you were proconsul. Maybe I should've put up a sign or something.

Jaethor out.
                              Last edited by Jaethor; 24 August 2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• *clears throat*
                                Amen, that is all.
                                Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                                A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Working...
                                X