No announcement yet.

Why crystal accrual is crippling Akanbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah..calm down there lass. I -have- given ideas. I was involved with the change from the new to old gold system, the original talks with Aten about sailing[He never gave us cannons : ( ] and general naval ideas, I fixed up the apothecary lesson so it made sense, I was very much involved with Black Legion skills and general skill talks. I've played this game for something like four or five years, I've helped out as I've gotten more and more involved.

Try and be constructive, not destructive. That's what a few of the forum threads are dedicated to. Put forth ideas, discussing and shaping them into something do-able.
    I was one of the main people to try and get the forums used more, and I am still one of the most active people on them. You all put forth ideas, and I give opinions on them. If they're loltastic, then don't bother reading them, even if I'm trying to make a point through it.

Comment

I'm not saying you've never done anything. I'm saying that if you want the realm to become more interesting, if you want there to be cool new features to captivate our attention and make the game not boring, then help come up with them. It's the fastest way. I've been trying to get people to come up with ideas for a while now and no one's doing it. They're just coming up with excuses or whatnot. Pyrok's the first time I've seen any
      Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
      You say, "Ready? Ready?"
      You say, "Go get it!"
      You throw a light crystal to the up.
      You have recovered balance.
      Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
      Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

That's the thing though. The last post to get any sort of Divine answer was a bug report, when Ilessa went through those. If we never get any feedback, and we don't see changes..what is the point again?

Comment

Consider this thread monitored by me.

I've also noted a few ideas written here, some are already possibilities, and some may happen in the near future. Keep a lookout.

Comment

I get things noticed, yo. (At least in the sense where everyone else can know its being noticed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
              I get things noticed, yo. (At least in the sense where everyone else can know its being noticed.)
              Not to burst your bubble, but I was going to reply in this thread regardless.

Comment

...Too late, already claimed credit. And I posted about stuff being noticed before you got around to it. +1 to Chy.

Comment

If only you were this on top of things within Akanbar.

Comment

If only I had an active divine/goal. If -only-.

Comment

*flex* Suck it! It's ok. I'll share m-- oh wait. No I won't. *gives you a consolation cake*
                      You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                      You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ilessa View Post
                        Let's keep the thread on topic, please.
                        Listen to the wise one, young grasshoppah.
                        Last edited by Ilessa; 17 February 2010, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Chyren, why are you mincing her words? Gosh.

(sorry, had to *snicker*)

And you're the guy who just had an off-topic posting war! But fine fine. On topic.

Crystals:
                          - Don't change them
                          - If you make them semi pay-to-play like IRE muds, I'll cry. Because then we'll get more arrogant people.
                          - If we make it productivity-based, people won't roleplay. And they'll all turn into bots.
                          - also, what happens if someone snatches up all the quests/whatever you do to be productive?
                          - or what happens if you're reading/writing/doing something IC alone that still demands your attention
                          - As... someone said (I'm too lazy to scroll up. I think it was Kresslack), I don't really focus on crystals. I have 27 now. I don't really pay attention unless someone else is learning.
                          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                          You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

What did you think about the command to voluntarily turn off crystal accrual, and the command to see who else has turned it off?

Comment

I'm skeptical on if people would use it, but there's no harm in having the command available.
                              You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                              You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

I have two concerns with a feature like this. One, is would it actually get any use, and two, would people use it just to set an 'afk' mode so they can sleep/go to the store/etc while online, as an alternate to the bulletins. If I could be convinced that players will not use it as a substitute to using the bulletin boards, and that those of you asking for it would actually use it, it might be a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X