This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
    First of all, did you just say a reply and then disprove any way of going through with said reply?

Second, they don't ask general questions, so a general help file (which most of them are, really), won't exactly help them.
    No I was just remembering when I would ask you questions because I heard you were experianced, and you would say something like, "My, aren't help files a wonderful thing?" Indeed they are, too bad there are hardly any of them...which is why I ask people things which I can't find in any help files.
    The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
    --------------------------------
    Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

I said that once. And you asked something about if I was a miner or not, when I'm on a help file. It was sarcasm.

Comment

I asked you three differant things after asking if you were a miner, and you pointed me to Help Guilds, which, sorry I didn't memorize the list, and you more or less blew me off and didn't want to answer. Which is alright, because I got the answers I needed from others without having to ask over and over again.

Comment

I'm sorry if I was actually busy at the moment, and pointed you to a scroll that gave you your answer. Forgive me for giving you an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
            Why don't we just post all the afflictions and their cures while we are at it? So we can remove all conversations totally?
            If the only conversations we are likely to have is "tell me what this skill is" and "which is the cure for that," then frankly, I'd rather not have conversations. I would much rather get past things that should be in help files and move on to being able to talk about more substantive matters, like purpose, or spirituality, or culture, or other roleplayish things.

(Incidentally, at least where I've been, people don't actually answer those questions most of the time, at least not usefully. But I don't think "an excuse for conversations" is a good reason to leave them unanswered even if they did.)

I think the best reason people have for keeping secrets is "I had to walk uphill in the snow to school every day and so should you." Which is a good reason if you want to keep the MUD nice and small by driving away most of the people with frustrations that make no in-game sense. Otherwise, that something has been for a long time doesn't mean it should stay that way.
            Last edited by Tsianina; 25 November 2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsianina View Post
              (Incidentally, at least where I've been, people don't actually answer those questions most of the time, at least not usefully. But I don't think "an excuse for conversations" is a good reason to leave them unanswered even if they did.)
              Actually, that's not fair. For a while I had trouble getting good answers, but I've been getting a lot more lately. I don't know if it's just luck, or that I've been around enough to "prove myself" to be worth answering, or if these threads have helped. But lately, I've gotten a lot of good answers from other Ysallyrans about these sorts of things.

Comment

noone is holding a dagger to anyones throat and making them read this, this is exactly the sort of thing the forum is for if you ask me, for the ones who want to know
                Charlotte Mayfair

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                  I'm sorry if I was actually busy at the moment, and pointed you to a scroll that gave you your answer. Forgive me for giving you an answer.
                  You answered one question...which was if you were a Miner...by pointing me to Help Guilds, which I thanked you for. Every question after that you kept telling me to "find the help file" and how "help files are a wonderful thing", even though I tried telling you there were no help files that could answer my questions. Furthermore, if you had simply said you were busy, I wouldn't have kept asking you things....

@ Tsianina: "From Ysallyrians" would be the key point in your last post. I've had probelms getting an answer about simple things that should be common knowledge from anyone other than a citymate excluding three people: Ichiban, Remeil, and Charlotte. I thank you for patiently answering my questions, and the gods know I'm always full of questions...among other things. But we won't get into that. -cough-
                  Last edited by Kresslack; 26 November 2009, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                    the gods know I'm always full of questions...among other things.
                    O rly? Now then...

Comment

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                      @ Tsianina: "From Ysallyrians" would be the key point in your last post.
                      Maybe, but even when I was a newbie on Celestial Isle, I had the same reactions from people without even knowing what city they were from. Heck, took me a while just to get someone to explain why of the three recruiters only one of them was there where I was told they'd be (the others were in nearby rooms, but that was far from obvious at the time), and I wasn't a citizen of anywhere at the time. So while Ysallyra might have had more of a tendency to not give helpful answers, I think everyone has it, it's in the culture of Akanbar.

Comment

Thank you chyren for the post, but, this is just a suggestion, i wouldn't mind a post that told you how many crystals you would have to spend to get to certain skill, if that is possible

Comment

I believe this thread has far exceeded its purpose by now. I've also removed the posts relating to crystal amounts. If you feel you must discuss exact numbers, please do so privately.
                          Last edited by Ilessa; 8 January 2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X