Server down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is...ouch!
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
    bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
    Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
    You are 234 years old.
    The year is 456.
    Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

Here we go again.
      Also: while I'm here, I just want to mention that I am hugely grateful for all the work Jaethor and Zycandos put in to getting us back up again when we crash, not to mention what they do every day just to keep things running smooth.
      We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
        Here we go again.
        Also: while I'm here, I just want to mention that I am hugely grateful for all the work Jaethor and Zycandos put in to getting us back up again when we crash, not to mention what they do every day just to keep things running smooth.
        I swear it crashes only when I try to connect. Also, I cannot emphasize how much it's Zycandos and not me. Hell, I'm pretty sure I caused the latest crash.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

You make it very hard to be grateful.
          From this day forth, I am only grateful to Jaethor for the witty repartee
          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Up again and apparently not my fault. Woot.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              Up again and apparently not my fault. Woot.
              He's right. This one wasn't his fault. This third issue actually wasn't even akanbar crashing, but a now resolved IP issue.

Hopefully problems only come in threes...

Comment

Originally posted by Zycandos View Post
                He's right. This one wasn't his fault. This third issue actually wasn't even akanbar crashing, but a now resolved IP issue.

Hopefully problems only come in threes...
                I liked you better when you didn't know how to post.
                At least you still don't know how to underline properly *scowl*.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                  I liked you better when you didn't know how to post.
                  At least you still don't know how to underline properly *scowl*.
                  I can underline the word properly. See?

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, you guys are doing something right. You've got me still logging in after god... 8 years now I think? And I know a few othrrs have been around for nearly as long. So just keep doing what you're doing. We appreciate it.

Comment

I logged in. My bad.

Edit: We're back already, kind of. Take it sloooow.
                      Last edited by Nakarym; 13 February 2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Sooooooo...
                        Akito and I were on Carmena- he was showing me a peculiarity he discovered while cutting trees on the island, where when he cut into a stone tree, instead of a Gorblask falling down, a potion or...gold did.

Akito swings an iron battleaxe at a stone tree, which shudders under the
                        impact. There is a sudden cracking sound from its branches, and then a small
                        glass bottle drops down from amidst them, landing on the ground with a thump.
                        3457/3520h 440/440m >

Akito points a finger at a potion of speed.
                        3457/3520h 440/440m >

blinks
                        Akito picks up a potion of speed.
                        3457/3520h 440/440m >
                        You blink.
                        3457/3520h 440/440m > say ...what the hell.

A silverstig bounces in from the south.
                        3457/3520h 440/440m >
                        You say, "... What the hell."
                        He went to repeat it and this time a Gorblask did fall down, and along with it, a ton of lag. We both lagged out and died, and right before I went Shelandra got merked by some angsty heretic, too. I managed to make it through the heavens, as did Shelandra, but immediately following the entire game just seemed to go down. Now I can't reconnect at all.

I'm getting the Welcome to Akanbar and all, but when I enter my name- nothing.

Now...I'm betting the gold and potions were added in as...sort of an incentive to try and hack at the trees, with the potential of you getting "gorblasked". The two may be totally uncorrelated, but the game did seem to go lag-mad directly following this.

EDIT: I was able to connect again briefly- but not able to really do anything. As soon as I was on, I seemed to lag out entirely again.
                        Last edited by Shax; 21 February 2014, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shax View Post
                          Sooooooo...
                          Akito and I were on Carmena- he was showing me a peculiarity he discovered while cutting trees on the island, where when he cut into a stone tree, instead of a Gorblask falling down, a potion or...gold did.

He went to repeat it and this time a Gorblask did fall down, and along with it, a ton of lag. We both lagged out and died, and right before I went Shelandra got merked by some angsty heretic, too. I managed to make it through the heavens, as did Shelandra, but immediately following the entire game just seemed to go down. Now I can't reconnect at all.

I'm getting the Welcome to Akanbar and all, but when I enter my name- nothing.
                          Dang, I come back from a day of being gone to you lot crashing akanbar. What I'm saying is it's all your fault and no one else's (kidding). On a serious note: well drat.

Comment

In other news, We now know where Jaethor stores Akanbar's excess lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                              In other news, We now know where Jaethor stores Akanbar's excess lag.
                              Damn it all, I'm going to have to start keeping my purse in the heavens' locker ro...oh. Oh, you meant the trees.

I'll just see myself out.

Comment

For the record, that item falling to the ground is normal. Rare, but normal. Not sure if you want to keep that on the DL or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X