Some things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some things

So I have been lurking the forums, and some things I noted, that rose questions I could use answers to.

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
    I 'm very vocal about wanting some things fixed(*cough* trading *cough*)
    This was back in 2009 that was two years ago, I may not know the specifics on what he is referring to but, if by chance he is referring to how I can go to Travanok's comms shop and them have nothing, zilch. As far as gold/comms/interest for cities to own. Why has it not been fixed? I mean it's been almost 2 years now and I know the divine may be busy but, that seems like a bad problem to go un-handled.

Events

There has been multiple complaints about these, I see both sides of the story though. I also thank life itself that Rhyndar is here with his mob control. but I was looking on the news at Akanabar. Seems the last event was 16, Jun 2010. Yes Alhazar did make that competition but, really that affected one person. I would love to see something more large scale. Now from the Divine point of view. There is no way we can have Major events ALL THE TIME, we need to stop being children and find ways to entertain ourselves. I'm talking roleplay what does almost everyone do for roleplay here? I have seen almost none besides the general Golgo=bad Elys=good Also on top of it all I have rp'd with two other people since I got here. And by roleplay I mean emote, not those easy/mean nothing emoticons like nod and bounce...

Divine

You seem to not really make your presence known, I am not asking for you to always show yourself just maybe stop acting like MODS and start acting like divine. Like give your followers something to achieve to help widen your presence or strengthen you. Then reward/punish them when they fail/achieve what you want them to do. Roleplay with them, like Xyrath made me chuckle a tad, by listening to my conversation with another player while I was speaking to Xyrath about joining the Legion and when I mentioned how nervous Oskar was to be talking to Xyrath to the other player. Xyrath told him not to worry, he gets that alot.

Conclusion

Now there are more problems also and possibly some I missed I would like to hear any feedback you can offer. From MODs or players. but I ask that anyone who does post, respect each others ideals and be nice.

P.S
    Also any who want to roleplay with Oskar just let me know/find him and start something he will interact with anyone, including city enemies. Just like real life you have to interact with people you hate!
    Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Originally posted by Oskar View Post
    This was back in 2009 that was two years ago, I may not know the specifics on what he is referring to but, if by chance he is referring to how I can go to Travanok's comms shop and them have nothing, zilch. As far as gold/comms/interest for cities to own. Why has it not been fixed? I mean it's been almost 2 years now and I know the divine may be busy but, that seems like a bad problem to go un-handled.
    This has been a long standing problem, yes. We have also been working behind the scenes to reverse the damage it has caused and revert to a more sensible economy. Time restraints have slowed this progress, but rest assured it is happening.

Events
    There has been multiple complaints about these, I see both sides of the story though. I also thank life itself that Rhyndar is here with his mob control. but I was looking on the news at Akanabar. Seems the last event was 16, Jun 2010. Yes Alhazar did make that competition but, really that affected one person. I would love to see something more large scale. Now from the Divine point of view. There is no way we can have Major events ALL THE TIME, we need to stop being children and find ways to entertain ourselves. I'm talking roleplay what does almost everyone do for roleplay here? I have seen almost none besides the general Golgo=bad Elys=good Also on top of it all I have rp'd with two other people since I got here. And by roleplay I mean emote, not those easy/mean nothing emoticons like nod and bounce...
    You are absolutely correct in saying that major events can't happen all the time. You are also correct that there should be more. But again, time constraints play a factor in this. Rhyndar has done very well in filling in some of the void.

Divine
    You seem to not really make your presence known, I am not asking for you to always show yourself just maybe stop acting like MODS and start acting like divine. Like give your followers something to achieve to help widen your presence or strengthen you. Then reward/punish them when they fail/achieve what you want them to do. Roleplay with them, like Xyrath made me chuckle a tad, by listening to my conversation with another player while I was speaking to Xyrath about joining the Legion and when I mentioned how nervous Oskar was to be talking to Xyrath to the other player. Xyrath told him not to worry, he gets that alot.
    Each individual god decides when and how to make their presence known. Just because you don't see one particular god, doesn't mean no one else does.

Having said all that, we definitely appreciate your positive feedback and helpful criticism. The forums have seen quite a lot of negativity as of late, so a little light in the dark is a very nice thing to see.

Comment

Based on my personal experiences, the Gods are never -that- far out of reach. Sure, they don't take to randomly descending
      from the skies and conjuring up flowers and showtunes for mortals, but...would you? If you do happen to see one of them online,
      you can assume they're busy doing one thing or another, but that doesn't mean they're going to ignore you.

Since you've mentioned Xyrath, who can also probably stand as my best personal example...He [usually, I hope] doesn't just sit
      up in the heavens, brooding and waiting to strike someone down. Give Him a little greeting every once in a while, when you see
      Him. I mean, He could decide to obliterate you, but that's the fun of divine interaction - you'll almost always leave the encounter
      surprised, somewhat enlightened, and definitely with an inflated ego. Who doesn't feel massively important when chatting with
      the divine?

And on the topic of roleplay...yes, we seem to have fallen into a sort of Dark Ages lately. People aren't quite so excitable.
      But as long as you keep at it, someone will take notice and probably join in, even on the smallest things. Some just don't feel
      like putting forth the effort unless either a God or Rhyndar are pulling strings behind the scenes. Sad, but true.
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Working...
      X