Lore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lore

Does anyone have any Lore they would like to share about Akanbar? Tales of adventures recent or long past, the completion of marvalous and intriguing quests? Histories of times before, when things were vastly different?

I've noticed there's not much lore around Akanbar, a little in the World's End Library, which is unfortunatley scarce(hopefully not for much longer). There's a few items posted to the news boards, but I can't help but feel a great part of Akanbar's history and past conquests have gone undocumented and forgotten.

So, if any are interested, feel free to share any bit of Lore you have about the lands or past adventures/accomplishments. After all, every loves a good tale, and if no-one recounts or writes it down, who will ever know it happened?
    The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
    --------------------------------
    Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Have you tried asking people personally about these things?

Many things may be undocumented, but they're hardly forgotten. I'm sure
    everyone has a few fun stories to tell about the past, some more than others,
    but most of us just aren't given the opportunity to recount them.

Within Golgonath, especially the Pyromancers, the littlest comment or question
    can spark a conversation about events that went on decades and decades
    ago.

In short, be a bit more sociable. The things you get around to hearing may
    surprise you, especially considering the potential sources.

[And yes, in time, I'll come around to putting up my many experiences here]
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Sir Arathorn vs. the Leader of the Imperial Dragons. Epic fight. The Preceptor defeated the greatest of all Imperial Dragons and then died from exhaustion after winning. The Sword of Dawn was embedded in the dragon deep underneath the earth until Lord Aten managed to recover it for Sir Magnum during the post-dragon war era.

Old Templar lore nobody probably knows about anymore, cept for Sir Magnum himself.

Comment

I haven't been elysian in a very long time, but isn't there a statue of arathorn in the city? that tale sounds terribly familiar.
        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
          I haven't been elysian in a very long time, but isn't there a statue of arathorn in the city? that tale sounds terribly familiar.
          Yup! It's on Paramor Ave, right after the gate, although I believe it's Aradron. Unless the room desc. has a typo.

Comment

Ah well... like I said, it has been a long time since I've done more inside that city than visit the trade centre.
            We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

....uh...Aten didn't get the Sword of the Dawn for Magnum. It was around a long time before then.

Comment

Originally posted by derris View Post
                Yup! It's on Paramor Ave, right after the gate, although I believe it's Aradron. Unless the room desc. has a typo.
                You're probably right! I always got the First Preceptor's name wrong.

To Silas: I also just presumed that Lord Aten went underground for the sword when he came out from the ground with it. I thought it was the herald of guild weapons! Perhaps you are right because you were a Templar long before anyone except for Lord Arthos.

Comment

Uh. Right.

I'm not sure Aten had anything to do with it except for giving it to (I presume) Arthos. I do not know if Arthos was the first one to have it or not.

Also, I was not a Templar for long, and with Chy it was way later.

Comment

I thought the Sword of the Dawn was the -second- ofthe Templars'
                    guild weapons? Or was that Sword of Brilliance [or whatever it was
                    named] just a fancy auction weapon of Jaide's?
                    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Sword of Brilliance was Jaide's, along with her special robe that gave her +10 armour.

Comment

Thats pretty awesome. Auction items?

Comment

The robe was, I can't remember what it was named though. The sword may've been, I don't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas View Post
                            Uh. Right.

I'm not sure Aten had anything to do with it except for giving it to (I presume) Arthos. I do not know if Arthos was the first one to have it or not.

Also, I was not a Templar for long, and with Chy it was way later.

Then Sir Magnum was the first to have it. ^_^ Cause Lord Aten came from deep underground with it and said, "That wasn't easy." Turns out they were retrieving it from the ancient and dead imperial dragon. I was there after all. :/ Perhaps the sword went back to the dragon. Who knows. Dimetrius could be right about the Sword of Brilliance. ^_^ Jaide only had the Cloak of Mighty during the time with the Black Legion. The Sword of Brilliance could very well still be on the long dormant Lord Arthos

Comment

I'm fairly certain Magnum wasn't the first to have it. I won't argue any more on it, because I don't remember exactly. Whether or not Aten gave the sword to him after getting it off the inventory of another player? I don't know.

Jaide had the Cloak and Sword while Preceptor. I remember. I'm one of the few people left that had the chance to fight against her with both items.
                              Last edited by Silas; 6 February 2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X