Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event-Related Discussion

Hello, Forum-goers!

A hopefully short explanation: This thread's purpose is to gauge the reactions to the events that occur in Akanbar, as well as to assess what the player base fancies.

I will monitor this thread on a steady basis, but please keep in mind that I too am mortal on the other side of the screen, so I may not be able to reply or cater to everyone's tastes. This is by far not the place for insulting or to suggest specific events/concepts.

My last note is that I sincerely appreciate your kind words, but try to refrain from either posting simply that you liked the event or that you disliked it. Accompanying it with an explanation would be splendid.

I will start things off by asking a few evaluative questions, but do feel inclined to post whatever you like, provided it follows the above requests.

o Have you participated in any non-mortal-controlled event led event in the past year? If so, which?

o What was your overall sentiment of that event?

o Do you feel your interests were represented in the events?

o What did you dislike about the event?

o What theme or overall characteristics would you like a future event to have? eg. PK, puzzle or group competition.

1) No, sidelines.

2a) The Murandi event was alright overall. Led at a time when there was maybe 4-5 people on who bashed/had the ability to compete was my only concern over it.

2b) The riddle from Relthas was pretty decent, and that one I might've had the notion to join in on if I hadn't been roleplaying. If it really was "just a torc and some gold", though, that might not have been a great reward. Who knows if it was just that.

5) Have more roleplay events. The Shora/Sehallo storyline was a great way to introduce Sailing/Carmena and the arcs over there, but after that....nothing really catches my attention. Have stuff happen to the world. Rain fire and brimstone, get a huge hurricane, tornadoes, anything. Just having 'random NPC X' shout that he/she has something they want us to do is sort of boring/repetitive.

Edit: Please to be raising the character limit on emotes.
    Last edited by Silas; 21 September 2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Joined in a capture-the-flag a good while back. It was thoroughly enjoyable - especially liked that it was a realm event with teams including folk from different cities.

The Murandi 'get as many corpses as possible' contest was fun. Only problem was that I wasn't terribly clear on the instructions and way of calculating results - I knew people could work alone or together, but it really never struck me that people working together could have their tally of corpses combined and counted against other people's individual tallies, largely cos the result then is simply going to demonstrate that two people can carry more than one. Not that the winning or losing was the issue - the fun was in the participating - but it was just somewhat bemusing at the end. So maybe more thorough thinking through of how the teams/individual things work and how results are calculated would help in such events.

My only issue with fiire and brimstone/ hurricane type events is that they're pretty hard to ignore on an RP level and can have the effect of kind of forcing people to participate - I much prefer the invite kind of events.

Comment

I must admit I did and still do feel a touch bad about that event. The event itself had very little effort on my end, although it did not call for it. When I believe it was Marx who mentioned not realizing you and he could work together, I dare say my guide heart felt for you. That event overall was a lesson learned for various reason I will not mention on this facet of communication.

Pertaining to the Relthas event referred to by Silas, I suggest you ask Detahn or Joscelin about it. The outcome certainly caught me off guard, but I have high hopes for the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenan View Post
          My only issue with fiire and brimstone/ hurricane type events is that they're pretty hard to ignore on an RP level and can have the effect of kind of forcing people to participate - I much prefer the invite kind of events.
          I would have to say I'm the complete opposite. I find nothing less interesting than a "come to the village square for a quiz" type of event. Its about as immersive as someone talking about their favourite TV show. I feel events should fit into the theme of the game. We have the history of the lands, three clearly defined realms each with their own flavour, why not use it, there are opportunities abound for good themed roleplay events. They could effect worldwide relationships, and the actions of the players could dictate future events.
          Roleplay isn't just doing what you want to do, its about playing a role in any given situtation. I feel you are either part of the world or you aren't. If you really don't want to be involved with an event, then don't, just create roleplay reasons why your character didn't want to participate.

And to answer the main thread question, I have not participated in any events yet, but hopefully my above writings will answer what style I would personally prefer to see.

Comment

I've always longed to see more from the conflict between the Golden Host and the Underworld. Maybe even a glimpse of the other races like the drows and centaurs! An event revolving around either of the mentioned two would be awesome.
            Last edited by Joscelin; 5 October 2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X