Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
    Why don't you play Akanbar more? Of course, we all have our day-to-day life troubles that keep us busy otherwise, but is there anything in particular that comes to mind and stays your hand when you otherwise have free time that could be spent puttering around Akanbar?
    Somewhat happy to say I spend virtually all my free time on Akanbar. Which is to say, not much =/
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• One quick question (I hope it's appropriate to ask one given the name of this forum).

Why are we unable to name golems? I know it is not "living" but I name all sorts of inanimate objects.
      I know this might fall into the "game suggestion category" but prior to writing up a fine looking proposal I guess I'm just looking for a shoot down, or a shoot up?

Regardless I guess I will just keep referring to him as Stanley.
      Somehow no matter what the world keeps turning
      Somehow we get by without ever learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
        One quick question (I hope it's appropriate to ask one given the name of this forum).

Why are we unable to name golems? I know it is not "living" but I name all sorts of inanimate objects.
        I know this might fall into the "game suggestion category" but prior to writing up a fine looking proposal I guess I'm just looking for a shoot down, or a shoot up?

Regardless I guess I will just keep referring to him as Stanley.
        Stonely. Haha. I'm hilarious.

But on a serious note, I don't really have an answer. I'd definitely be more inclined for Runesmiths to name their golem than shamans, just because it sticks around longer, hopefully.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Now that I think of it, it is probably because its a mount and i think it is a mount command to name it? Golem naming could be implemented as a skill. Once you hit iron for golems, I don't see them changing much, unless you are rich =)
          Somehow no matter what the world keeps turning
          Somehow we get by without ever learning

Comment

• ab lore fulldevotion

DEVOTION
            You may now devote all of your experience and gold gained to your Patron. Use
            DEVOTION FULL to do so. DEVOTION OFF will disable your devotion.

Is there anyway we could get an option for Experience only?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
              ab lore fulldevotion

DEVOTION
              You may now devote all of your experience and gold gained to your Patron. Use
              DEVOTION FULL to do so. DEVOTION OFF will disable your devotion.

Is there anyway we could get an option for Experience only?
              You would like the option to make your full devotion...something less than full?

Not gonna happen :P

Comment

• Just wondering, is there a particular reasoning behind having to pick up your commodities after you buy them, aside from the possibility that you might be buying more than you can normally carry?
                We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• What's with moderator approved posting? Is that for certain sections of the forums or all of it?

Edit: Nvm, guess it's just the news and announcements section!
                  The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
                  --------------------------------
                  Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

• Tuuli found in HELP 10.2, but never implemented..? Or very rare?
                    "In combat, even the weakest of NPC has a small chance of landing a critical
                    blow. You may find yourself thrown to the ground from the force of a blow or
                    have an arm or a leg broken."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuuli View Post
                      Tuuli found in HELP 10.2, but never implemented..? Or very rare?
                      "In combat, even the weakest of NPC has a small chance of landing a critical
                      blow. You may find yourself thrown to the ground from the force of a blow or
                      have an arm or a leg broken."
                      Innnnterestiiiiinnng...that's an old, VERY old file, so I'm assuming it's something that just never came to pass.

Inspector Nakarym is on the case!

Comment

• I realize that it wouldn't wind up garnering a lot of views, but would live streaming Akanbar be allowed, or somehow frowned upon?

Comment

• My guess is it's frowned upon because it gives access to those who are playing to watch you and gain information they shouldn't have access to.
                          Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• I don't understand this whole 'streaming' culture, to be honest, so I can't really comment on it.

Why watch someone play a game when you can just...play the game? Especially true in the case of MUDs.

Comment

Working...
                            X