Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More like the funny paper...

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
    He's completely puffer fish and you're high.
    It is the year 420. <.<;

Originally posted by Kaal View Post
    For what reason would this creatures hands bulge in such a way?
    The better to slap you with? No...just kidding. But maybe not?

- Why do I have to drag a plough around my fields when I have all these horses? Not that I'm for horse labour......buuuuut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
      It is the year 420. <.<;

Duuuuuuuuude.....

Comment

• Tuuli pick berries, golden berries!
        Tuuli ate berries.
        Tuuli... See... Rainbows...

Tuuli...
        Tuuli...

This is the year 420. I seem to have come by a peculiar specimen of glowing berries this year.
        The exquisite taste is indescribable, and the berries seem to contain mind enhancing properties.
        I must quickly seek Father Jehan, that he may record and publish my findings at The Library at World's End.

Hello to Jehan!
        ... Why Tuuli here?
        Tuuli not read!

Comment

• Aand Tuuli takes the cake on funniest read in a long while.
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• So... When is the next Auction going to begin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              Good lord, it's like my worst nightmare come true. Isn't there some law against you ragamuffins all being here at once?
              Never been one to follow laws anyway.
              Last edited by Pyrok; 8 May 2014, 04:01 PM. Reason: Musical Accompia...Acco... MUZAK!
              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
                So... When is the next Auction going to begin?
                It wasn't funny when you messaged me it yesterday... It's still not funny.
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Just a general question:

Why do you play Akanbar?

Comment

• For witty Repartee.
                    Also because I sincerely enjoy the skill grind.
                    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• It started because I enjoy MUDs, obviously, and thus Rhyndar was born. Zycandos mentioned coding a bit later (there's a much longer story I'm not going to say) and I said I'd give it a try. I love coding and Akanbar is my very own puzzle. Rhyndar programmed for a bit, Lady Ilessa at first posting the changes (as well as her own changs) as I didn't want players knowing I was a coder.

Being a guide didn't last too long due to reasons. I became a god and slowly became very close with the existing gods (except Nakarym, who was not ascended at the time), to the point of rabid fealty, almost. Things happened IRL and the gods who knew about it were unknowingly helpful in getting through it, especially Zycandos, who I have no doubt has zero recollection of it. Unfortunately, three months ago I went through a far worse time (a family emergency during the Akanbar crash of 2014) and my love of the current pantheon was renewed due to them hitting me with metaphorical brooms (to leave) or listening to ramblings at 3am.

I play and code Akanbar as opposed to other muds because of fierce loyalty to Zycandos and Akanbar as well as the seemingly-minor "whoa this is cool" I hear every so often. I think to a degree we all start to play MUDs to escape from whatever is going on IRL, but in order to stay, you need a strong bond to those around you. Or to REALLY love insulting <certain players> on a biweekly basis. Luckily I have both.
                      Last edited by Jaethor; 9 May 2014, 06:29 PM. Reason: I'm being nice...

Comment

• Why did I play Akanbar? Think this guy says it best.

At first I just wanted to simply play. Exist, basically. I went from that, to being a massive pest. Throwing corpses into towns, stealing anything that wasn't nailed down, throwing fistfuls of feathers at players large/skilled enough to flatten Pyrok into a giggling pancake, cooking things I really[ shouldn't be cooking in a pan (never gonna live that one down I think).

Then I stopped being that guy, I got serious. Ish. Drogo put it best once, basically... I grew up in Akanbar. You don't tend to forget or truely leave the place you grew up in. Be it physical or virtual. Part of why I stayed was largely due to the lore. Alot of it was unwritten, and sometimes, emphasis on sometimes, I wrote it down. Or at the very least kept a version of the story alive. I went from simple player, to foul miscreant, to semi-responsible man-child to... Lore Dude Pyrok, Knower of Things.

I kept playing, for as long as I did, because someone had to keep the old story remembered.
                        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• After seeing the (surprisingly) honest answers Jaethor and Pyrok gave, I have to revise my own.

For me, its something similar to what Pyrok described. We grew up here, this was our proving ground. I know we aren't the only ones either. This was my first, (And honestly, only) MUD, so I don't know how much of my experience is run of the mill... but especially in the beginning, I found myself awed at the world itself, and that feeling, along with the connections I made that are still meaningful today, carry me through some of my worst days.

I'm just gonna stop now ._.
                          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                            I grew up in Akanbar. You don't tend to forget or truely leave the place you grew up in. Be it physical or virtual. Part of why I stayed was largely due to the lore.
                            This. Also, I'm just an ass.

You don't get rid of my sort easily, sorry.

Comment

• Amused that Nakarym felt the need to apologise for not being easy to get rid of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                                Amused that Nakarym felt the need to apologise for not being easy to get rid of.
                                It has been a long year of attempts... I thought for sure that trapdoor to a pit of snakes would do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X