• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeons?

So I was reading old Akanbar News.

Dungeons
    June 11th, 2006
    A whole new concept of bashing in Akanbar has been added today, the new dungeon system. Offering denizens the chance to explore a dungeon with a new, random layout everytime they adventure there, and ever increasing difficulty as they descend into its depths, these dungeons provide a new and exciting way to go treasure hunting, either alone or in a group.

The first dungeon launched features the undead, so prepare yourself to face ghouls and skeletons, all commanded by dark necromancers. More dungeons will follow featuring other groups of enemies to face, and perhaps new treasures for those that survive them.
    What ever happened to that?
    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
    You say, "Go get it!"
    You throw a light crystal to the up.
    You have recovered balance.
    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Apparently it was closed for repairs some months ago. It's location is off the eastern highway near the black wolves, its a southwest move that says you're forced back by the power of the Gods.

I must say that one of the biggest challenges I've faced in my time in Akanbar is the dungeon's higher levels, they can be quite the bashing experience for all involved.
    Last edited by Aaridan; 12 November 2009, 09:17 PM.
    To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

Just like the pawnshop was closed for repairs. And that's been just as long, hasn't it?

Comment

It IS a shame about the dungeon. Kalaxazil must be bored down there.
        Charlotte Mayfair

Comment

I doubt it. He's got ~500 skeletons to keep him...busy.

Comment

dont forget the zombies and amorous necromancers
            Charlotte Mayfair

Comment

Perhaps now that the pawn shop is fixed, this might be on the list. :hope: Never seen the inside of it, but it'd be pretty cool to do with some Templars and Hymn/Chant of consecration with all those sickly undead running around.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
                Apparently it was closed for repairs some months ago. It's location is off the eastern highway near the black wolves, its a southwest move that says you're forced back by the power of the Gods.

I must say that one of the biggest challenges I've faced in my time in Akanbar is the dungeon's higher levels, they can be quite the bashing experience for all involved.
                Twas a bloody marathon getting to the bottom, gating back and forth for food and potions.

Comment

How was it? I've heard it was a challenge. And how were the levels/exp/rewards balance?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post

One of the biggest challenges in my entire mudding life....that is all that needs to be said. *lol*

The gold was literally outstanding...the experience out of the world(can easily get 10-20 levels from one trip if done correctly). What I enjoyed most was that it was a nice group bonding experience that wasn't raiding....needed at least 3-4 above average fighters.

Comment

They need to open that again! They seriously do! I would be there all day!
                      Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Not to be unnecessarily rude... but.
                        How long ago did you say that you didn't have time to be on akanbar all day anymore?
                        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Dungeon re-opening = fun + motivated players = win

Comment

I agree. that's an equation that's nice to look at. What was wrong with it in the first place... aka, why'd they take it down for repairs?

Comment

It has been taken out for rebalancing and will be put back in when the admin has time to get it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X