Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this creature is intent on eating all of the gnomes/villagers/whatever, why would it stand idly by and let you pick them off as some kind of "aid"? Seems more like it should just kill everyone and be done with it.

/brood

Comment

• Well, it doesn't have to be a creature. It could be two factions that have been at odds for many centuries. Take the Elves and Goblins for example. I am sure that some magnificent creature could be thought of which would have great strength for either side. Goblin Berserker and an Elvian Mycoloth. Each side would only be seeking the destruction of the other and welcome outside aid.

Comment

• Have...have you been to Blood Island yet?

Comment

• I have. However, there is no way to initiate the two factions to start attacking one another. Also, from my experience, the refugees... "One does not simply march into the gates of Moridor" (poorly quoted but from Lord of the Rings).

This idea is more of something that we mortals could observe if we wanted, and influence if we decided to. Like, 10 elves vs 10 goblins. If nobody were to act, then all 20 NPC's would die. Once someone were to initiate their influence, the sequence of events would change. So to compensate for the new 'ally' 5 more elves would join the fray. Thus being 15 vs 10 + one Mortal. The 5 elves would then target just the Mortal. The outcome would then be something liked 3-4 goblins would remain. Then, depending on how far this idea would be implemented, the goblins would progress to location two and achieve something. Maybe they steal something and return back to their camp. Blood isle could be a perfect setup for said island. Though, trolls could be used in this regard as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
            Have...have you been to Blood Island yet?
            There is another area similar to that, but they do engage and fight each other.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              I think you meant "don't"? I mean, if the place you are referring to is the Draphe Prison that is. Otherwise, I can't think of a place where NPC's actually attack each other...

On a side note, i think more than just one area should have such an interaction. Akanbar could feel a little more alive should you walk through the dwarven halls of Monadh-dach and see great battles between man and beast. Or where Brigands are actually seen stopping a cart and ransacking it. One would have to then decide, "Do i intervene and risk my life for these lowly peasants?" "Do I use this to my advantage and aid in the ransacking and claim it all for my own?"

Meh. Things I'd love to see.

Comment

• Two words. Bait. Bucket.

Comment

• For cart driving into new locations to follow the same room message rules as normal. IE Brief messages, not full on room descriptions when you enter the room.
                  Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
                  bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
                  Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
                  You are 234 years old.
                  The year is 456.
                  Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinerva View Post
                    For cart driving into new locations to follow the same room message rules as normal. IE Brief messages, not full on room descriptions when you enter the room.
                    I second this.
                    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• As do I: Third!

Comment

• ...I think thats a majority. of the entire populace.
                        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                          ...I think thats a majority. of the entire populace.
                          What's sad is that its probably true.
                          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
                          bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
                          Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
                          You are 234 years old.
                          The year is 456.
                          Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Here's one. I saw this for the millionth time today.

A branch on a nearby tree snaps under the weight of snow, falling to the
                            ground with a thud.
                            I think this should cause a piece of kindling to be found on the ground. It would add a bit of realism to it.

Comment

• I agree with Lawrence. Would be a neat little addition to the realm. However, there is already such a surplus of kindling that I hardly think it would be necessary. At some point, the entire realm would be filled due to Kindling being littered all across the realm:Assuming that said script happens regardless of a person being there to see it or not.

Idea:

Being the huge Sailor that I am, I'd like to see some additions to what could be added to the ships themselves:

Better Sails = Faster ships.
                              Reinforced Hull = More hit points to ship
                              Armour Piercing arrows = Stronger arrows, or arrows more specific to a specific target (Ships or Docks)
                              Enhanced Ballista = Faster recovery of balance after shot
                              Increased Arrow Capacity

There are tons of different additions I could suggest, however, I will stop here and continue to my next idea. I'd like to see City/Village specific enhancements. Specifically in regards to ships, You could have Ysallyra's Halas provide the means to make your ship more stealthy. With the cities vast knowledge of the shadows, maybe they paint the ship and disguise it. (Lower the chances for sea monsters to detect your ship or allows your ship to enter hostile waters). Elysium might provide your ship with the means to see farther and expand your ships line of sight. The point is, you'd have to go to each city or village and update your ship on a yearly basis. It also means that Elysium could only benefit from both Elysium and Ysallyra, where as Ysallyra could benefit from all three cities.

Take the above idea and apply it to anything though. Villages specifically could be a great way to apply this. Take Murandi for example. You might have to be trading or allied to said village, making said villages more desirable. Then, the people of Murandi could teach you the skill of better fishing, making all your fish that are caught 10% bigger. Meh. Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.
                              Last edited by Kaal; 21 January 2014, 05:12 PM. Reason: added an idea

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                                Lord Jaethor is of course referring to the lunch room where the gods meet.
                                We don't need no water, ....

Comment

Working...
                                X