This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
    Just going to stick my opinion on a couple of these out there…
    (Joy!)

That’s all I’m going to bother writing now, because I’m too sorry to type anything else. Thank you.
    Just a heads up, try to put your input outside of quotes. I'm filling out my spreadsheet and it's a touch confusing where their thought ends and your's begins. It took me a few minutes to sort it out.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Wrath of Vorakkar currently grants Legion extra damage vs Elves, but there are not many out there outside of the novice elves and the next to impossible elves that guard the ancient tree in Avenwold. Possible to perhaps expand an this a little? Maybe a new bashing area? *hopes*

Comment

• So with a little help....I began to think about the whole army concept and what could perhaps be a change that could perhaps welcome a different dynamic into the world.

When armies were first released, there was talk of a special unit a city could gain called a *Elite or Legion*(Game is down right now, can't see the exact term). What if these were expanded on, and brought into the game? But the catch wouldn't be a captain or leader of military going about the city trying to recruit these special forces, but instead a form of a quest that is presented.

Lymr sending a messenger saying they want 5000c and Domhan's head for them to send an elite army member to your city.

Monadh-Dach sending a messenger requesting Elysium dispatch of the nomad leader and asking for money.

Forloch due to the long occupation Ysallyra has over them, manages to sneak a member of its city to Ysallyra to ask for bread and water and some coin in donation to get their trading centre up.

Or perhaps not even the option for villages to hold that sort of power.....perhaps adding an item(s) to the world like shards of some kind that can be transformed and presented to an NPC that can call forth a mighty warrior to do battle for your army? Gather 5 shards in a year and you can have the NPC craft the weapon.

As for the elite army member:

Perhaps they could:

Rally the troops so they do more damage while the elite is alive
        Heal fallen members of the army so they can get up and fight again
        Elites fight themselves, but do 5-10x more damage than a soldier

Anyways, that is a brief idea and perhaps the community can expand on it with me?

EDIT:

They are actually called *Knights*

Also, I doubt anyone would be opposed to this Knight army member being free of cost to the city!!!
        Last edited by David; 9 January 2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• I rather like the small quest idea, but if they're to be given the powers that you brainstormed (which I also like, by the way) I would hope to see a cap on how many a city can have at one time. Just to prevent the whole 'stock up and forget' tactic that the rest of the warfare system deals with.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Idea 1:
            Hm, another idea. Just a small note of convenience, it would be handy (at least I imagine so) for military personnel to have the ability to ORDER GUARD RETURN, which will send them back to the barracks from a location within the city. The time until the guard reappears in the barracks would be dependent on the distance, as if they were being marched from their origin.

EDIT: I guess you could just shove them on a patrol route and then delete it, but that's sort of a roundabout way to get things done.

Idea 2:
            Code:
            He is wearing (stuff stuff stuff) a healer's scrip, a hammered band of silver, a hammered band of silver, a healer's
            scrip, a hammered band of silver, a healer's scrip.
            Would it be at all possible for multiples of a single item to stack on the list of worn items? I imagine this would require them to also stack in your inventory, which could probably lead to some awkwardness in terms of identification numbers...but just wondering if it's possible!
            Last edited by Dimetrius; 10 January 2013, 09:36 PM.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• just a quick idea i had. What about phases of the moons that effect how much fish you catch and if you need a torch if both moons are full.
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
              bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
              Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
              You are 234 years old.
              The year is 456.
              Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Okay this idea is probably tedious and won't roll over, but I think it would be pretty cool to actually have statues made in people's likenesses to actually promote something instead of detering...if that makes sense. I just feel like with all the statue popping up everywhere it sort of gives off the wrong impression to novices...if i was a novice, i'd probably be like "I want a statue one day of myself too" -_- then find out just how to get one... Aside from that I think instead of statues, people should be turned into maggots instead. squishy maggots that can get stepped on?

Comment

• By the way totally digging the new subtle changes, being able to tell the time of day is a big plus in my book...now if we could only have sandstorms and blizzards that slowly drain health if you're not wearing the appropiate clothes *grin*

Comment

• Pretty sure they can turn you into something similar already. Frogs, maybe? Ribbit?

Comment

• Frogs, yes. We don't need Lusternian punishments :b

Comment

• Never played that game...

Comment

• Perrrrsonally, I would love it if government officials (specifically Justice/Shadows/Repression, perhaps their useless aides) were able to prevent furniture from being lifted from public structures. Just something like (UN)AFFIX [piece]. Maybe extend this to shop tenants as well in case they would like to decorate their shopfront. I would say maaaybe offer it to home tenants as well, but...if someone is breaking into your house specifically and taking the time to steal your furniture, that's sort of your bad.

(Also, unaffix is a word now because I say so. Attach and detach are just lame options)

Comment

• Fixed furniture options for city rooms. Yes, please.
                            We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
                              Fixed furniture options for city rooms. Yes, please.
                              3rd this notion
                              Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• A whole new skillset called 'Archery', which can be gained by getting a certain high score in target practice or after hitting a certain amount of bullseyes.

Each level of it could give you a bit more damage with the arrows and let you shoot a small bit further. Other abilities could include lighting the tip of an arrow on fire and rubbing a toxin on the arrowhead.

-Also, a sheath as an alternative to scabbards. And the ability to wear the sheathe/scabbard on your belt, back, slung over your shoulder or on your ankle if its a dagger.

-And tents, so we can make campsites when we are outside our cities.
                                Last edited by Dannil; 8 February 2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X