Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the subject of the parry bit... I feel the phrase, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" theory fits. there are arguable weaknesses in certain guilds, and others that, it could be argued, are over-powered. but the warrior/knight guilds as a whole (IE, melee and warfare), don't fit into that category.
    You give the body of Mordikhan, Dragon of Bronze to Silas.

Silas says, "You just handed me a dragon."

You say, "Yes, yes I did."

Silas slowly takes a step back.

Silas blinks.

Silas has just walked south.

Comment

Another IRE mud.

Your skill in weaponry has gained you the following abilities:
      (blah blah blah)
      Parrying The ability to parry attacks.
      Secondly, just cause a mud we were spawned from has something doesn't mean we should follow in their footsteps. Then what'd be the point of Akanbar? We should all just go play Avalon.
      Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
      You say, "Ready? Ready?"
      You say, "Go get it!"
      You throw a light crystal to the up.
      You have recovered balance.
      Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
      Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Yeah if you want to pay to play Avalon, go ahead. The reason why so many muds have Parry as a general skill, is because it doesn't make knight types as the only real fighting class, and gives other classes a sort of chance of standing up against one, and it just makes sense. And yes, I know as soemone said, "Akanbar doesn't make sense", if anything that's at the fault of players who don't feel like stepping up and making it make sense.

Yeah, every mud likes to be unique, original....just like all the others. What makes a mud unique isn't how many features or options or classes, skills, races, etc it has. It's the players and the divine, and how they shape the MUD.
        The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
        --------------------------------
        Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

Originally posted by Xinia View Post
          We should all just go play Avalon.

Want to be a pair of rogue bandits who waylay travelers for little to no reason and absolutely nothing to do with them after we've got them? Hm? Do ya?

Comment

I'm sure you two would make a great team. <_<

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
              Want to be a pair of rogue bandits who waylay travelers for little to no reason and absolutely nothing to do with them after we've got them? Hm? Do ya?
              I can't. That's actually why I play Akanbar. I'm a hired spy, working with the underground movement to convert people from Akanbar to Avalon by confusing them after kidnapping them. Sorry, but well, now I have to kill everyone that's read this.
              You say, "Ready? Ready?"
              You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

Crap! I've read this!

Comment

fireplaces

I agree, fireplaces in homes would be a neat add-on, maybe have one constructed using stone, iron, and gold to pay workmen. Sure campfires are neat too, but yeah, you wouldn't REALLy build a campfire in the middle of your bedroom. Another thing that would be cool, sconces you could install, that you put a torch in and lights up the room, perhaps making the torch last a couple extra months? Maybe instead of building those, you could just buy one at the forloch equipment store. I'd also like to see a new furniture store pop up in a village somewhere, with some new, more stylish luxury furniture. There is already the add-ons for shops like ovens, stills, and forges, it would be alot of fun to have some additional ones with some function you dont have to be a merchant to enjoy.
                  Charlotte Mayfair

Comment

I hereby announce my candidacy for designer and coder and demi-god(will take Guide and work my way up).

Comment

Now that is a disturbing thought. I bet you'd be the patron of all three realms at some point.
                      Charlotte Mayfair

Comment

The sad thing is I'd probably try and accomplish it just to mess with it all. Don't worry, though, Zycandos has rebuffed any offer I've ever made to help Akanbar in the coding department, because they must have all the help they need (lol).

Comment

I'm actually a Graphic/Web Designer and Programmer. :E

And it's most likely that he'll turn down any offers to help code, because Akanbar's codebase is 100% custom...and confusing as hell. Everyone who has seen it has signed an NDA.

Comment

Bashing the admin is probably not a good idea. Just saying.
                            You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                            You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                              I'm actually a Graphic/Web Designer and Programmer. :E

And it's most likely that he'll turn down any offers to help code, because Akanbar's codebase is 100% custom...and confusing as hell. Everyone who has seen it has signed an NDA.
                              ....what? He's had quite a few people start coding after they were players. I can name names, but it's easier to just look at the pantheon/guide HELP FILE(THEY WORK HERE TOO)

Comment

help gods
                                Type HELP followed by what you want help on, or HELP INDEX for a list.

help divine

help pantheon

help deities
                                12.1 The Immortals of Akanbar.
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several deities that inhabit Akanbar. Some have existed since before
                                time began, some have risen from mortality to godhood through the greatness
                                of their deeds and others have been drawn here from across the expanse of the
                                universe. Each has their own separate goals and purpose. Some revel in the
                                simple joy of creation while others love nothing more than watching the
                                struggles of mortal kind.

It is wise to be respectful to the Gods. The least of your worries is that
                                they can extinguish your life at a glance.

More specific information on each deity can be found by reviewing their help
                                file. For example, HELP ATEN.

The pantheon of Akanbar is as follows:
                                Anath, Goddess of the Wilds
                                Aten, God of the Sun
                                Archion, the Shadow
                                Bralnok, Lord of the Underworld
                                Karakus, Great Dragon of Akanbar
                                Rezaktal, Serpent of the Underworld
                                Sekea, Goddess of Dreams
                                Ilessa, Goddess of Twilight
                                Zycandos, God of Creation
                                It only took four tries to find it. Now, lets see. How many of those are not retired or dormant? On that list, I see two, and one not on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X