Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe some in city transportation? Like Elysium having a boat that goes from to certain part in the city through the rivers. Ysallyra having ziplines on vines that do that same thing. Golgonath... lava=bad. Perhaps something along the line of... Seats carried by slaves? I dunno.

Also, with the smugglers and what ever else that plagues other cities, perhaps a way to not necessarily prevent them from being in the city, but an action/quest to get rid of them for a small amount of time. Will add to some RP and add a small quest for the little ones.

Instead of having a CRAP ton of mages at the center of all our square/plaza/oak maybe have 4-5 NPC's 'like mages' guarding/amplifying a tower or construct that raises our city shields.

Thoughts?
    Tis' Only a Flesh Wound! Bring the Bunny Back!

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
      My idea: Themes! I would love for something like the theatre to open back up, allow us to maybe write a play schedule it as an event. Maybe be able to make costumes? But only for said event. I mean we could have plenty with the clothing we currently have though, but few people actually know what the differences are in the descriptions based off of the type of material used. Wool shirt to a silk shirt? Total difference. As an extension in this idea, perhaps alter the players description to show the detail in some sort of way?
      The theatre was never closed. No one submits ideas. If you want to put together a play, put together a play. There's not really any interaction I'd have with this. The theatre is set up and ready to go, but no one uses it. If you want some theatre contest for best play, that's different. It's also something players could do, mind you, but I'll think about it. I've been a bit too encumbered lately to do events anymore.

Originally posted by Detahn View Post
      Maybe some in city transportation? Like Elysium having a boat that goes from to certain part in the city through the rivers. Ysallyra having ziplines on vines that do that same thing. Golgonath... lava=bad. Perhaps something along the line of... Seats carried by slaves? I dunno.
      Why?

Also, with the smugglers and what ever else that plagues other cities, perhaps a way to not necessarily prevent them from being in the city, but an action/quest to get rid of them for a small amount of time. Will add to some RP and add a small quest for the little ones.
      A quest that takes away a hunting area...

Instead of having a CRAP ton of mages at the center of all our square/plaza/oak maybe have 4-5 NPC's 'like mages' guarding/amplifying a tower or construct that raises our city shields.
      Like the towers outside of the city? I understand where you come from, but if it's something like this, something that isn't simply creating a new item or doesn't have a secondary goal besides "make the big chunk go into smaller chunks", it's going to be a no.

For review, the ideas thusfar (that aren't being shunned) are:
      • Make guards more city-themed by description.
      • Make temporary shop booths that can be constructed and will fall apart a little while from there.
      • Improve jousting and archery
      • Fix up the theatre (?)
      • City holidays
      • New furniture
      • Kill Detahn.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Forgot a bullet?

Demonic Steed!

It could possibly come before or after killing Detahn....whatever you find easiest?

Comment

• I Don't believe this... How could any Divine actually say that? Why would someone go through all that trouble to get put at the bottom of the list? Kill Detahn clearly needs to be moved to the top...

Thank you.

PS: City lamps/lanterns to light the streets on the cities at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detahn View Post
            PS: City lamps/lanterns to light the streets on the cities at night.
            Spoiler alert: Those exist. Just no one's figured it out yet.

And for reference, I'm not killing you over your ideas. I'm killing you over your post a bit ago.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Idea:

I would like to see a more... 'in depth' sense of religion within Akanbar. It might be my imagination, but I feel that there should be a quest that surrounds Lord Bralnok. Something where 'the darkness' could be spread farther from the east and towards the west.

The same could be said for Aten. A quest that spreads 'the light' across the lands.

The effects could be anything from villages prospering more, increased life, faster meditation (light) or a swampy like moss creeping over the lands sucking life and slowing movement (dark).

This could be a new kind of warfare that would extend beyond the economics/military but rather focus more on religion. Of course Ysallyra woudn't have to be out of the mix, they could expand their forest... making areas that weren't able to grow things now sprouting trees and herbs, animal life extending to the crossroads, Tree roots and vines growing so big that only those of the forest could navigate through the area without delay, or trees growing in different seasons.

I do understand that we already have city quests. I might be alone in this, but I love the city quests idea and I don't think having more of what I love is a bad idea. lol.

(though it should be noted, this idea would have the effect upon realms, but theoretically could be done by any, so not a true city quest.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
                I know for a fact that this idea has already been presented somewhere in the long list of ideas. However, I am just wondering as to why it hasn't been implemented as of yet or if there are any plans in the future to implement this.

I'd like to see a greater variety in staffs. Wooden staff and Obsidian staff are the only two that I am aware of. I am curious if we could add a Trident as a weapon? I personally think think that this could be an ideal weapon for members of the Storm Wardens. The Shamans could have a special wooden staff that is carved out of the Imlatas tree (ie a quest that is done with the elves in that region). As for the Pyromancers, for some reason I think a staff which actually is enveloped in fire would be very unique. A skill/quest with the eternal flame.

I'd like to hear your thoughts...
                I suppose I should have more adequately explained myself. I do mean staffs for regular members of the respective magi guilds. I certainly did not mean the Guild Staffs that are typically reserved for the Guild Master/Mistress solely.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ey-d36ueuo.jpg
                https://encrypted-tbn3.google.comima...0ejJtSVrIsUdT7

The above should give some good ideas of how the plain staffs could be upgraded. With that said, I am not asking for extreme or even different stats. I'd like to just see some variation.... I mean, if we need 3-5 different kinds of chairs that we sit on, can we please get 3-5 different staffs to hit our opponents with.

IDEA:

Also, in consideration with the possible upgrade to Archery and Jousting, could we also get an upgrade on whips?

Comment

Also, in consideration with the possible upgrade to Archery and Jousting, could we also get an upgrade on whips?
                  Yes! A whip we could use that wouldn't poof mid-fight. (Spread the goodness, instead of having only the one player owned whip.) XD

Comment

I suppose I should have more adequately explained myself. I do mean staffs for regular members of the respective magi guilds. I certainly did not mean the Guild Staffs that are typically reserved for the Guild Master/Mistress solely.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ey-d36ueuo.jpg
                    https://encrypted-tbn3.google.comima...0ejJtSVrIsUdT7

The above should give some good ideas of how the plain staffs could be upgraded. With that said, I am not asking for extreme or even different stats. I'd like to just see some variation.... I mean, if we need 3-5 different kinds of chairs that we sit on, can we please get 3-5 different staffs to hit our opponents with.

IDEA:

I too should clarify. There are obtainable staffs besides obsidian and wooden. I'm talking non-GM staffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detahn View Post
                      Chieftains/Senators/Masters having the ability to vote on making holidays for the city, and maybe during those holidays a festival will show up where there are games and different types of food you would not be able to make can be purchased there.

Adding a sense of culture to city guards... Much like our Serfs, clansman, and citizens or Shaman, warden, and Pyromancer. Guards could take on characteristics of the guilds of their city offer. Templar, legionair, and warrior. 'this could be also said about anything in the city: boats, mounts, etc.'

Furnishings, having each city being able to make their own types of furnishings. Like Ysallran's could make couches made from vines or Golgonian's make spiked thrones.

Pretty much anything to make the cities more different then just the people within it. I like to know that I am in Elysium other than when I hit the 4 and 1 key on my numpad multiple times.

Sorry if my ideas seem small, I like the little changes. More individuality to Akanbar!
                      Sorry for the late inPut. I like detahn's idea of holidays! As some of you know I really like the rituals of the assassin as it is a big chance for myself to ham up as the somber deadly assassin I only wish I could be all the time. I think being able to host festivals and rituals in honor of deities and such would add a great chance for people to get more into he roleplay of being a part of the city.
                      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                      Words to Live By:
                      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• Done.

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                        A "Reserve All" and "Unreserve All" set of commands for shops.
                        Done.

Originally posted by Tsianina View Post
                        When I check STOCK, have a line show me that the shopkeeper won't sell to me.
                        Done.

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                        Yes but you can set things on tables, like if you have a group of people sitting around a table and someone brings in mugs and a bunch of food and sets it on the table.
                        Done, but if I see people abusing this somehow, I'll undo it without hesitation.

Originally posted by Carllen View Post
                        I propose a "CITY TAXES" command for Finance senators and their equivalents. As far as I know there's no way for a city official to see if a particular shop has taxes outstanding if that shop has a tenant.
                        City shop tax* or city shop taxes*, but Done.

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                        Would be neat to be able to have fireplaces in personal houses, like in taverns...
                        Technically done, but a month or two ago.

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
                        Another thing that would be cool, sconces you could install, that you put a torch in and lights up the room, perhaps making the torch last a couple extra months?
                        Done, minus the making the torch last longer.

Originally posted by Cherise View Post
                        With the secrecy laws in Ysallyra, I think it would be nice if only citizens could check out books from shelves within the city library (this should probably go for all cities though).
                        Done for all cities.

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        Additionally, a "task forfeit" command could be useful so you don't have to wait for a task to expire before getting a new one. This could be used if you get a task you're not interested in completing.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
                        It was My pleasure. Done. Your niceness melted My icy heart and made you lose only half the normal points than if you crashed and burned during a task.

If your idea isn't here, it doesn't necessarily mean it was rejected. A lot of ideas have been approved and are in the queue, but things pop up and take priority sometimes.

Ideas are being sorted into "yes" and "no" slowly but surely. More updates to follow and, eventually, a post.

Comment

• This is more of a question than an idea, for the idea from Charlotte about hanging torches and the likes, can you hang lamps? I would really like this for my house though its not an easy task to come by oil these days oddly enough with all the cooks and farmers.

One last question, the new arena, it was explained to me that the events there would automatically start each week in an alternating time pattern for the different time zones. What happened with that? The arena was open for a while when people were participating but even if its only two people on it would be fun to me. Maybe if only one person joins, they get a point on the plaque? Not that I really see a point in the whole plaque thing...
                          Maybe we can erase the plaque each year and offer a prize for the overall winner?
                          Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                          A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Better Shopping for Smiths

STOCK BELT
                            A nearby sign proclaims this as the establishment of Kinzie
                            You browse the stock of the shop.
                            ---------------------------------
                            [1] 3s 0c "belt25359" a maroon leather belt
                            [1] 3s 0c "belt40981" a lavender leather belt
                            [1] 3s 0c "belt44145" a pink leather belt
                            [1] 3s 0c "belt44157" a purple leather belt
                            [1] 3s 0c "belt44451" a yellow leather belt
                            [1] 3s 0c "belt44572" a scarlet leather belt

Same concept as this but with wares in a smithy's shop. Instead of:

STOCK BATTLEAXE
                            A nearby sign proclaims this as the establishment of Derris.
                            You browse the stock of the shop.
                            ---------------------------------
                            [1] 15g 0s 0c "battleaxe40657" an iron battleaxe
                            [2] 40g 0s 0c "battleaxe41437" a mithril battleaxe <---

The stock would actually split the two axes apart since they are most likely made differently, and will allow the buyer to choose the better of the two weapons.

Now I know that the shop owner could just price each ax differently based on how well each one was made, but when you want mass produce alot of a certain thing, you're not going to want a crap top of different axes prices differently.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Honestly, you can just examine each piece to tell what quality it is. I don't see a need for it to show any differently. Clothing degrades over time, and if a pair of black leather boots I'm selling only has four months left, I price that single set of boots at a discounted price. The same goes for food, with lower nutrition. One is then, hopefully, going to assume it wasn't an error, and that there is a good reason it's priced at a discount. Just like I don't see a need to show the statistics of a weapon or a armour. You should examine anything you buy before actually purchasing it...in fact, I wish I had a sign in my shop that read, "No returns, all sales are final." -chuckle-
                              And this is coming from someone who has accidentally priced a silk robe at seven gold, and then only noticed when it was purchased by an npc...

Comment

• Well the point is to make things easier and more realistic... If you walk into a store wanting to buy a pair of shoes, your going to want to goto a section that has your desired size, look, and price. Not the big dump table off to the side with 46 different types of shoes in it and dig and hope you find something you came into the store to find. You're going to want to see what the store has to offer of a certain brand and see if you want to pay that much for whatever differences they have in each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X