Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then you are just higher up in the sky.....stop asking silly questions.

Comment

But what if you go up until you reach a planet and then land on the ground on the other planet. You could continuously go up and find yourself out of the sky on the ground.
      Last edited by Faralil; 2 November 2009, 08:50 PM.
      One day I won't suck. Today is not that day.

Comment

Would be neat to be able to have fireplaces in personal houses, like in taverns, maybe even put an actual fireplace in taverns instead of an invisible one. That way if you don't want to have to dry out in a public place, you can go to your house and relax besides the fire with a mug of mead/milk while you dry off.
        The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
        --------------------------------
        Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

You can make campfires in any room.

Comment

Yes, but how logical is it to make a campfire in the middle of your common room...which has wood flooring. Did I mention the walls were wood as well, and the roof was thatch? A fireplace/hearth/brazier are fire "containing" elements. It just makes sense.

Comment

...You really don't want to get into a conversation about things that make sense in Akanbar. Lolneverhappens.

Comment

Especially when the room description already has a fireplace mentioned in it...

Comment

Yes, it says it's built around a fire pit...but it takes a skill in Lore in order to build a campfire. Fireplaces are just there, such as in the taverns. Granted the skill is low in Lore...learning General Skills can be a pain. Also, there is the matter of convienence. Come home, "Crud, gotta build a fire. Meh, I'm out of wood, that means I have to go find a tree to cut down."

Also, while I'm in the Ideas thread, might as well post this:

Would be interesting to be able to forage and gather and hunt to be able to fix something over a campfire such as a hunter's omellete, or a roasted rabbit, etc, or forage for berries or nuts. These wouldn't be as nourishing as a good cooked meal, but would be a bit of satiation one could preform in the field.

Comment

There is a Cooking skill (oddly enough, in Lore) which seems to be aiming at that idea, but as there's no butchering skill, it's pretty pointless: it'd be easier to carry around cooked food than raw food, and oddly enough cheaper too.

Comment

I know this probably won't happen, but it's an idea. Would be nice for Guard Aides to be able to enlist, instead of just Captains.

Also, to be able to unaide Guards without them having to be present. Don't know if the update has gone through where it costs money for every Guard per month, etc, but by the help file that's 50 gold a month thrown away on inactive Aides if so.

Also, if Captains could be able to write in the Citylog, in case they have to enemy something or withdraw gold, a log can be written given a reason for the action so that the city leaders can review it and won't have to be left wondering.

Comment

Ysallyra got two captains for the main reason of being able to enlist more, and for that matter, any city without a supreme leader. Guard aides won't be given the ability to enlist.

It's 50gold of the old system, so 5 silver a month, should be.

We have messages for a reason. You can message any chieftan to citylog it, or, message them all at the same time and be safe.

Comment

Sorta feeling like Parry should be a general skill, in Brawling or Weapons. Not the abilitly to act on a parry, but at least be able to parry.

Comment

I must second whoever it was (Xinia I believe) who said something about you turning this into an IRE. It's similiar, not the same.

To discuss your idea, why parry? That's taking a skill from one skillset and negating every X attack from a person, which only makes every other class stronger and the Knight types weaker.

Comment

First of all, I've yet to see an IRE game with a parry skill. Not saying there might not be...but I've played probably every one and haven't seen it.

Secondly, Avalon: Legends and First Age...which this game resembles very much...has a parry system.

Thirdly, in case you don't use parry much, it doesn't block every single attack. In fact, when I was a Shadow Warrior, I could barely parry anything. Not sure if it has anything to do with someone's Weapons, Weaponlore, or Agility skill.

Also...how would this make knights weaker? It's a given that any knight class anywhere is going to be strong...but someone with Unsurp Agility and Weapons being able to hit you Every..Single...Time is a little unbalanced. As I said earlier: This would give a "chance" to parry any attack in which a weapon is used.

You saying only knight types should have parry is like saying only Runesmiths should be able to use runes. Of course, anyone can use runes, but only Runesmiths can use certain ones that do special things. Such is it with the Parry skill. Everyone would be able to use it, but only knight types would be able to use the special abilities such as Riposte, Pummel, Skewer, etc.

Comment

Just for the record, Lusternia has an extensive parry system which includes stances and ripostes of various sorts, and techniques that weaken or negate parry and stances, and techniques to avoid those techniques.

Comment

Working...
                                X