Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to try and comment about the circle/faith spamming argument....and I am not really trying to go against you, but as a person who has done both.

Circle= is counterable by any type of magical attack/rune show/ affliction/healing/applying or eating herbs/shieldslam/not being mounted period.

Shielding= is only countered by breaking the shield which is done by certain toxins, movement by the shield caster, and skills breaking shields.

Idea #1

Now, what if shielding only prevented magical damage and melee types could not shield, and only had circle to rely on?

Anyways I know you said no change will happen....but...that is my final say on that as a player.

Idea #2

Runes costing mana to show?
    Last edited by David; 7 March 2012, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Why is it that you request changes about a class only after you're done with it? If there was no problem with it while you were in the class, how is it you suddenly see problems now?

Comment

• At least he's admitting that he was overpowered as a Runesmith, this is a good first step!
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• I must throw in there that I've always been a fan of a Runesmith reform....and a few years ago when there was serious talks of such going on ie removing eternity/chaos and replacing them with different skills to more reflect their dwarven background. I was totally for this change, and helped spearhead it with Lady Leanora until we had our fallen out. Then the plans folded and the war with Golgonath vs Ysallyra/Elysium became the forefront and without a Guildmaster of the Runesmiths for a long time....and Lady Leanora's disappearance perhaps the change may have eventually happened. (I told Dime yesterday that the guild was going more towards blunt damage, but as I brought up the Gm weapon designed I remembered that was ruled out because warhammers would have to be adjusted damage wise. The aim was for a battleaxe being the main weapon and focus.....sort of like Domhan.)

This is all I have left from those talks sadly....but still I am sure people like Blaine and Ashrabia will enjoy a bit of history that has never came to be......The inspiration came from Domhan's axe.

The handle is perfectly wrapped in dark black bear skin leather, and with several diamonds pinning the leather in its place.

You run your eye over Carver, Axe of Justice
          The axe’s twin-blades are covered in two beautiful emerald encrusted sun blades that shine as bright as the very Sun. The Axe itself able to withstand most damage even from the strongest of foes while never giving way. It is rumored that this very Axe is no doubt an instrument of Goddess Leanora, intended to spread Light and vanquish Evil.

It’s this axe consists of two half moon blades, connected in the middle
          by a solid looking piece of metal. Each blade has been honed to a fine edge,
          looking able to cut into even the thickest armour with little difficulty. Attached between the two blades is a sturdy wooden handle, a thick piece of
          leather wrapped around it to provide a better grip when wielding it.
          It has an offensive value of 117, a defensive value of 59 and a speed of 70.

Lady Leanora and I worked on the weapon and what it looked like....When the axe was designed....we never add stats of a kryllian battleaxe so I think the axe is taken from an average mithril battleaxe sadly. I think an average kryllian battleaxe is 130/70/70 or somewhere along those lines.

I am not sure why the guild didn't get the change, but that is out of our hands....just posting what I did know......
          Last edited by David; 7 March 2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• As I have stated before, "As it is now, the eternity rune situation does not warrant any change. Should it escalate, it may receive further investigation, but it does not right now." Please end your needless discussion on various ways to change eternity runes.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Idea:

When at sea, I would suggest there be an ability to board adjacent ships. Now, I understand that this idea will be denied due to many various reasons. (boarding and slaying horses which are obviously used to gating purposes) However, I wish there was a way to assess who's ship was out there. Or at least from what city it currently is flying under. Also away to see it's current state of repair. It could be as simple as having 4 points of damage at 100% 75% 25%. Under 25% would maybe look like this:

The hull of the ship has multiple holes in it, no doubt due to pirate ships or the many creatures that roam these open waters. The vessel is clearly taking water as the crew hurls buckets full of water over the rail. The sails are tattered and the mast is splintered at its base causing it to fall forward significantly. Debris floats around the ship, full wooden planks could serve as a floatation device should the crew need to abandon ship.

Again, i understand why 'boarding' player ships would be not allowed. If there were away to make your horse guard a location and thus spawn there always, then sure... however, that will not likely ever happen. The reason why I started with the "Board Ship" while within open waters is because I'd also like to suggest Pirates. Now, i think i heard this idea before, but seeing that I had my first experience with certain aspects of Naval Warfare, I thought it'd be interesting if a pirate ship were to be ... roaming a particular part of the sea. If you came across it, and got it to a certain point, a white flag would appear and you could then board it. Then slay the crew and ransack the cargo. This could be, in my opinion, similar to how the great ghoul chest works. A guaranteed set of coin dependent on difficulty (( at least 20 gold coins because 2 ships would be needed to effectively take this one pirate ship down (this is for repairs that would subsequently be needed))) and then a treasure of some sort.

This kind of goes along with my fishing idea... I love sailing, but there is no incentive. I mean, i want to find the Kraken... but I could easily be making coin on the mainland rather than search the vast openness of the sea...

Comment

• I think it'd be nifty if the Finance(and the other two equivalent positions) had the ability to change the name of city owned stores. At least with regards to the common ones like 'Weavers' 'Small Herbalist' and 'Metal Workshop'.

I know that the shop is supposed to automatically set itself but it sometimes doesn't work out quite right and the shop looks off. Maybe there could be a short list of options that the Senator/Master/Council could pick from when the shop is rented/tenated or sold based on the shop-owner's plans for that shop.

Or this could just be made available as a command for shop-owners, with a list of their options like a tiny CITY CREATE LIST.

End ramble.

Comment

• Doesn't it just go by what you last priced? Pretty sure that was it. I certainly remember it being pretty easy to fix/manipulate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                    Doesn't it just go by what you last priced? Pretty sure that was it. I certainly remember it being pretty easy to fix/manipulate.
                    It should, yes. I would not remove this feature and, due to such, Carllen's idea would be less important not only because of the ease of control, but also because if Carllen manually sets what would've been a weaver's store as a metal shop, the next time he prices something, it would go back to being a weaver's store. It would turn into a temporary patch that would easily be removed.

tl;dr: Thumbsdown
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Pets

Idea: Pets

I was basically just wandering the lands and thinking about myself as a character. It dawned on me that I as a character would have a dog. A faithful companion that would be loyal to me, that i could play fetch with. In many ways, this already exists in our horses/golems... and for that reason I guess this idea isn't really needed. However I still wanted to put it forward. Specifically for a dog, we could buy treats for it, collars... throw toys like a bone and when you throw it, the dog would go and fetch and get it for you. A part of me would be in support of allowing the dog to defend you... though the thought of my dog being slain... is way worse then my horse/golem being slain.

I think where this idea really applies to all is in what kinds of pets could be made. Golgonath might lean towards Demons like the Incubus or other such things (slaves... pet gnome?). Ysallyra could have ents... shadow like entities... Really it is up to ones own imagination of what could be purchased. This idea would most likely start small and be expanded upon with time. Kind of like ... furniture, in the way that constant additions are being made. I am pretty sure that Detahn? has a ferret in his description? Though, it'd be interesting to actually have a pet, have to feed it... Almost in the way the owl needs to be fed rats.

another part of this idea, could just be that you 'buy' a blank object. You could then describe it so that others would know what it was. Give it a title to identify it as a dog/ferrit/demon... and then obviously name it as well Sparky the Dog. Just another thought, not sure if it would be possible or not.

This could be a basis for a new village similar to Nisse... though I wouldn't be opposed to a Pet shop just opening up in one (current) village and accessible to all denizens of Akanbar.

Comment

• Pets are a curse... The last person I saw myself with a pet was some Pyromancer (i can't remember his name!! Senji maybe?) had a wyvern as a mount. He vanished shortly after getting it!

Personally i don't like the idea, I can't eloquently explain why, but it boils down to this:
                        Every guild as it stands, with the exception of assassins (unless you consider having a living shadow), has their own 'pet'.
                        Pyromancers have dark spirits, the warrior types have their mounts, and even the Forsaken can consider their symbiote a pet. Most of us don't consider our regular 'pets' as pets. Perhaps we should before we're all given a more traditional pet.

Also, Y U PIGEON HOLE GOLGONATH WITH DEMONIC PETS?! what if i wanted a bunny? or a panther?
                        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                          Also, Y U PIGEON HOLE GOLGONATH WITH DEMONIC PETS?! what if i wanted a bunny? or a panther?
                          Haha. I only meant that some members of certain cities would be more inclined to one of 'those' kind of pets as opposed to the traditional kind. That doesn't mean you couldn't get your bunny, dog, or panther. I just wanted to... put 'pets' for cities in there too. Nobody would consider a slave to be a pet in real life... but Golgonath might look at slaves as their own kind of pet. *shrug*

And I agree with you as far as the rest of your post. We already do have 'pets' in a way. I was just thinking about my character and if it really was me roaming a world like Akanbar. Can you imagine how boring it would be riding alone without some sort of companion? I am not a particular lover of horses... but dogs... that could make my ride much more enjoyable. *shrug* an idea that I don't think has a high % of being implemented, but one I'd personally enjoy.

Comment

• Meanwhile your golem, a being made of metal, infused and animated by magical means which grant it a form of life is sobbing in the corner holding a picture of the good times it used to have with you. Killing heretics, defending you from wyverns and raiders alike. It sobs harder, rust forming from the tears as it recalls the day where you gave its first weapon, and its first lesson on how to use it. Those were the good days... now it knows it has been replaced with a dog. A DOG.
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Idea: Gargoyles

These gargoyles are exactly as one might expect. During the day, they'd seem as if they were only statues and at night they'd turn into... the beasts that they are. I was thinking that a unique way to introduce them into Akanbar would be a new dungeon? At the end of the Dungeon there would be a super Gargoyle which I will discuss later.

I thought seeing that Gargoyles are unique in their own right, we could add a bit of a twist to them. During the day, the area could still be hunted but in a different way. Similar to mining Obsidian, everyone would have to mine the statue. Each statue would require 20 or so swings until it died/crumbled. You'd still get experience for doing this, however, due to the time it'd take for 1 person to kill 1 gargoyle, you'd easily be trapped once the Darkness came over the lands. So this kind of hunting would encourage a large group.

Super Gargoyle: (would require 5-7 mortals)

This would be an interesting addition if it were a dungeon scenario. This Gargoyle would have the obvious limitations of being stone during the day and alive at night. This Gargoyle however, has gained much strength due to its age and has enveloped many rare ores into its stone like skin. Upon death, similar to the Greater Ghoul, you'd have a chance of finding said random ores. Obviously, Kryllian would be the rarest dropping 1 Kryllian every 20 or so real life days. Lesser ores could drop like 5 or ten... and so forth.

Comment

• Some sort of aerial form of transportation would be interesting. A Zeppelin. This could also have the addition of Aerial Warfare. Although such an idea is not needed now, it could be interesting in the future. An island that has no harbor and can only be accessible by said Zeppelin.

Comment

Working...
                                X