This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David View Post
    What about my hope about obtaining blood? *hopes* for then when I use my skills that I can maintain whatever blood I am able to get.
    This idea will not happen at all.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Gosh, what a lot of moaning.

In case some of you aren't aware, killing Tuireann is a city quest for Golgonath. Like killing Bragor is for Ysallyra. He's also worth killing for the experience. Stop being so self important that you think everything is about you.

Its also worth considering that anyone who is enemied to Monadh-Dach can't get free runes, so there's a price to pay for such a choice. Do I hear people moaning about not having another place to get free runes from? Nope.
      Last edited by Malic; 2 March 2012, 02:06 AM.
      We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Idea:

Seeing that there is already a crystal procurement system, I'd suggest that the same be done for gold coin. I am not sure what everyone would be willing to pay in terms of dollars for some in gold coin. However, I can see an individual paying $100 for 1000 gold coins. It would go along the same system as the crystals, where the more you spend the better the deal.

Obviously there is a question of balance. If everyone in Akanbar is running around with 1000 gold in their banks... than the economy would likely need to be addressed on some level. However, if you think about it, any person wishing to buy a boat would need at least 800 gold coin to buy one of the top two ships. It is an obvious short cut, but one that is similar to the crystal procurement system.

Idea: I'd really like to see the magical sales that are described on the Akanbar website. In three years, I haven't taken part in one, nor even heard of one being done. I am not sure how successful it would be, but something I'd still like to have an option to take part in. It could be expanded so general crystals could be used on some items and then other items could only be purchased with Knowledge crystals. ((I am aware this probably is already implemented... but since I haven't been apart of it, i don't know))

Comment

• I tossed around posting something, but I think it needs to be said. Since double eternity really has never been an issue with the land....and being killed by it this morning to practically a novice and Ashrabia. For the life on me as a Pacted Legion I couldn't kill said novice. If I wasn't just absolutely being smashed by always being slow....then the novice was just faith spamming until the cows came home.

I tossed a few ideas around in my head to think of a solution, because I do think it's a large issue.

1.) Runesmiths shouldn't be allowed to show themselves runes or at least the common runes.

2.) Eternity should be only allowed to target by one person against one player.

3.) Just remove the ability to faith spam, I am not sure on the balance vs a mage, but it seems almost faster when faith showing.

Any ideas would be appreciated.....I normally don't try to complain as a avid fighter, but all guilds have counters against two versus ones. *Double Eternity* is just slightly silly......I am sure you all can agree to this.

As a Runesmith I often found myself taking down groups of three-five people at a time.....and this was just done with one single eternity show.

Anyways.....just a little rant.

Comment

• Double Eternity

Defending against Runesmiths as a Pacted Black Legion is the easiest thing in the realm. Just get better, broseph.

Comment

• Is that why every time you are raiding and you see me you run back to Elysium?

Totally different topic then defending a raid.....plus it's hard to get better against a simple task of one-balance cycle and your enemy is stuck. If you can cure double eternity then show me sir I do not think that your faith spamming will aide you there .Defending a raid is vastly easier and one is *able* to get better at it.

Comment

Defending a raid as a Captain is the easiest thing to do in the realm, just get better bro.
                Now come on. My complaint is grounded in multiple times of defending. Also, not to come off whiny, but when I defend it is typically by myself and against 4 almost completely unsurped characters if not more. Often times I am put in a poor situation because due to the length of the raid, i run out of Gravity potions. When I am not defending by myself, it is Blaine (what you called a novice) and Oskar. They are both valuable in their own right. Even Oskar is close to Unsurpassable I believe. However, when the enemy (golgonath raiding party) rarely attacks the tower 'we' are defending, it is ridiculously retarded that the guards move to their original posted guard location so easily. You can see the obvious problem, I can't get into the towers without running threw your location which means you will impede and kill before I even get into the towers.

((Lets leave behind the obvious pleas for help you must get in the either when your city is raided or when the rest of Golgonath wants to raid but can't do so without their fearless leader. Ah, just so you know, Golgonath has never raided Elysium without you except for one time. That one time, there were 8 Golgonath citizens. Wow... wonder if they could have raided the city gate with that number. Probably not since they still got almost completely whipped or close to with just me and Oskar defending 2 towers, one each))

You are right though, I am able to improve upon my own silly mistakes that I have made in the past and able to improve upon my own personal ability as a fighter. However, it seemed like you were quite able to get out of the Eternity and run away for a bit. If it was so difficult, why did this encounter take so long? I didn't log it or time it, but I'd say it was at least 20 minutes? maybe more, maybe less...

Your post is based off of one encounter. Just get better, or better yet, don't give up and think outside the box. It isn't going to be easy Mr. Pacted Legionnaire. I suppose you'll just have to come out with your army of dogs whenever you see two Runesmiths on.

Originally posted by Malic View Post
                Gosh, what a lot of moaning.
                Let me save the trouble of having one such dog come to your defense. "Your right Malic, I sure do hear a lot of moaning."

For one that has constantly wanted a more competitive environment, I was quite shocked to have you post a complaint such as this. No less, the complaint comes after one encounter. Seems like you have put your best effort forward.

ah... yes David, let me also end this post with the ever popular 'Yawn' that David does in victory, and apparently defeat.

Comment

• Pacting is a skill that should not need a group of "dogs" to defend against two people.

I got off about six attacks in that entire 20 minutes....if you don't see something wrong with that then I am not sure what to tell you.

(get over yourself on those accusations....I'll tell you right now that I only talk to Malic/Viri/Miri and Cherise sometimes on any ether channel.)

I don't think anyone outside of myself is fully unsurp from Golgonath. My only peers are Malic/Miri over here......your stories just don't add up. I am not going to flame you anymore or whatever, but something needs done with the double eternity and that is that. On your end, of course you don't see it how I do....why would you? I certainly wasn't complaining when I was taking out 5 demons with eternity just by myself.

Bickering will not get us anywhere.....I was wrong to put get better. I also didn't mean it the way you took it, because you can get better at defending a raid.

As for the yawning....the fight was quite boring. I was immobilized the entire fight, and yes I was able to "run", but really it was more of getting out of something that was just going to happen anyways.

Blaine is technically a novice.....he is what 20 years old ig? Yes....he is a novice still to me.

Edit:

Now that fight with Ilshara just now...there is a lot I can improve on. Like attacking.....lol.
                  Last edited by David; 5 March 2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                    Let me save the trouble of having one such dog come to your defense. "Your right Malic, I sure do hear a lot of moaning."

For one that has constantly wanted a more competitive environment, I was quite shocked to have you post a complaint such as this. No less, the complaint comes after one encounter. Seems like you have put your best effort forward.
                    Good work on completely misrepresenting my post.
                    As you could gather from actually reading it, it was in reference to people complaining about Tuireann being killed. I fail to see how that has any bearing on my opinion about conflict, if it is not in support of that opinion.

But seeing as you've decided to not only include me in your post, but also rudely. I'll supply the comment that you know I'll make.

Its been a long held opinion of mine that two runesmiths with eternity runes are overpowered when working together. Like David said, it hasn't been a issue for many many years with the low population. But the ability to quickly place anyone under the effects of eternity, thus leaving them unable to act until the speed potion brings them back out, is clearly too much. With only a little practise it would possible to time the eternity attacks to hit as soon as the effects end, thus creating an almost unescapable loop for the defender, while still allowing time for attacks inbetween. Add to this that display isn't stopped by shields, you have a seriously over powered setup. I don't really know any other guild that could do that, assassins might come close with two double stabs of deathcap, but the only times I've fought two assassins together I was immune to deathcap, so it never eventuated.

I recall the reason for left hand balance being introduced was to stop people using shield slam to stall a fight, I wonder where this policy stands in regards to faith or intonation shields. I know its very tough as a pyromancer to deal with shield spamming as we only have the slow working Brogo. It does seem possible for anyone with ready access to shielding, via runes or intonation to be able to grind any battle to a stalemate, as long as their defense and healing are reasonable.

Comment

• Possible idea

One possible idea about eternity runes:

Make the greater runes require an activation before they can be used outside the city walls, perhaps in the corresponding room in the guildhall. Once each rune is activated it can be used freely. Put a limit on the number of runes of each type that can be actived at a single time. With there being only one Eternity able to be active, and more of each lower type of rune. If a runesmith activates a rune above the limit, the first rune of that type that was activated will automatically deactivate. Inside the city walls any rune can work anytime, thus allowing freedom for testing and sparring, and also defending city gate raids.

Comment

• It's pretty flametroll up in here. You guys really need to breathe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                          It's pretty flametroll up in here. You guys really need to breathe.
                          lol'd and agreed. heh we all need to calm down and remember its an idea thread.

now to respond to some ideas.

Originally posted by David
                          1.) Runesmiths shouldn't be allowed to show themselves runes or at least the common runes.
                          I don't think this would be fair considering how expensive it is to be a runesmith to begin with. you yourself have admitted to the insane cost of being one.

2.) Eternity should be only allowed to target by one person against one player.
                          I think this is a possible valid answer if double eternity is truly a problem. but as of right now, I'm so weak you should be trying to get me by myself and dead.

3.) Just remove the ability to faith spam, I am not sure on the balance vs a mage, but it seems almost faster when faith showing.
                          no. never. negative. it is possible to whirl and attack before I can show faith again. Oskar has done it to me.

just my view on some things.

Comment

I don't think anyone outside of myself is fully unsurp from Golgonath.
                            Oh, hi there.
                            Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                            Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                              The ability to purchase gold coins.
                              This will not happen as there is an excess of gold as is.
                              Originally posted by David View Post
                              Double Eternity and Faith Spamming
                              This is not the first time that two Runesmiths used this technique against someone as some of you probably recall. There are a number of ways to stop a Runesmith from afflicting you with an eternity rune, however, which I just looked into once more. In addition, group combat will not be viewed as a linear combination of two separate entities. There are dozens of skills that can be combined with other guild skills to largely increase the effectiveness, not just in a linear fashion.

Pertaining to faith spamming, the same can be said for circling, intoning protection, encasing in stone or a number of other abilities that offer protection. It is annoying, but for now, it will be left alone.
                              Three Ideas
                              No. As it is now, the eternity rune situation does not warrant any change. Should it escalate, it may receive further investigation, but it does not right now. The other proposed changes would greatly diminish the Runesmith ability.
                              Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                              ((Text))
                              Let's not resort to petty insults, please.
                              I don't think anyone outside of myself is fully unsurp from Golgonath.
                              Blaine is technically a novice
                              For note, over a quarter of the active Golgonians have finished training their skills. Additionally, due to Blaine's skill level, gold level and experience level, he is not considered a novice by any technical means.

Please keep the idea thread free of flaming or I will be forced to turn into mod-Jaethor. No one wins when that happens. Resume posting hopes and dreams for Me to crush.

As a small bonus to you all who made it down here, libraries have been added. I suggest you wait for My formal post before you construct one. There is one other idea being implemented soon, so hold onto your eerily identical horses.
                              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• AWYEAH. AW. YEAH.

Are there existing templates for the libraries, or are these on hold for being written?

I MUST KNOW.
                                Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Working...
                                X