Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't written descriptions for the Golgonian or Ysallyran versions, mainly because I'm still tweaking the descriptions for the Elysian ones and the description for the groundskeeper NPC.
    I'd be more than happy to put together something for the Ysallyran side of things. Hmm, Perhaps I'll do that later today.
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
      I'd be more than happy to put together something for the Ysallyran side of things. Hmm, Perhaps I'll do that later today.
      Originally posted by Dimetrius
      Golgonian architecture is simple, just take a look at our Pantheon's shrines.
      In short, if it would make Ichiban turn his nose up, it's perfection!

And I really -do- like this idea, I'd very much support seeing it expanded
      upon. And if you need someone more familiar with Golgonian aesthetics...
      Hum ho!
      Perfect! Someone from each city familiar with each cities aesthetics! I would love this idea to be expanded upon as well. We might be able to put our heads together and come up with something brilliant! (Either way, I already have the Elysian Gardens written down. Proofing and such, tweaking... as we speak.)

Comment

• Just to keep you all informed on things, I am looking into a way to solve the issue of locked chests/wardrobes though I won't guarantee it'll be exactly the idea you've described here. I am also considering expanding on our current tea method and adding effects.

To respond on the topic of new gardens, I believe the garden areas that already exist could serve the same purpose as you are describing. Bear in mind that I am not turning down new ideas for areas, however large or small, I simply ask that perhaps they be a little more unique.

I will mention that Mestonia Park is somewhat undescribed in places and if someone should take a fancy in fleshing that out that they should seek me out and we'll discuss it. That goes for any other undescribed areas as well.

Comment

• Timeout

I remember someone mentioning something like this in the past, but would probably be useful to have a timeout feature, where if a player is inactive(having entered no commands within[10+ mins], they are automaticaly signed out). Would probrably cut down a great deal on idling.
          The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
          --------------------------------
          Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

• Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
            I remember someone mentioning something like this in the past, but would probably be useful to have a timeout feature, where if a player is inactive(having entered no commands within[10+ mins], they are automaticaly signed out). Would probrably cut down a great deal on idling.
            QUIT AUTO, five minute timeout.
            Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
            Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
              QUIT AUTO, five minute timeout.
              Ah, yes that's an optional feature, but there should probably be some extent of mandatory timeout for extensive inactivity. If you've been inactive for about 40 minutes and haven't entered one command to the game, should probably be logged out.
              The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
              --------------------------------
              Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

• Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                But there should probably be some extent of mandatory timeout for extensive inactivity.
                Everyone is given the option to use the auto quit system. If
                for some reason they don't choose to, there shouldn't be a
                safety net when they decide to sit around for hours on end.

While I could see the auto quit timeout being extended to at
                least ten minutes [as sometimes people really -are- present,
                sitting in meetings and discussions and whatnot, but happen
                to miss the auto quit message and get booted], there really
                isn't a reason to provide a further backup system, as far as
                I can tell.

Auto quit isn't simply optional, it's more recommended. And
                for people who disregard its uses, starvation, and maybe an
                obliteration or two, tend to reflect that.
                Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• I'm afraid I agree with Dimetrius.

If you're in a situation where you'd benefit from a mandatory safety net, IE, where you're idle for several hours at a time, then you rather deserve dying and losing several levels of experience.
                  We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Here's an idea, though I doubt it's a new one:

A "Reserve All" and "Unreserve All" set of commands for shops.

Comment

• I would like to request a skill for the runesmith guild.
                      All other "player crafted armour" wearing guilds have a skill that lets them check the condition of their armour. Would it be too much trouble to have that added? It wouldn't alter combat balance at all, just allow runesmiths more information to repair their sometimes expensive armours.

Thank you for the consideration.

Comment

• Yeah. That would probably be a decent idea. I had stuff decay on me a few times when I was a runesmith. mithril isn't fun to replace, and kryllian is a thousand times worse. Maybe even have it as a higher up skill in lore (since weaponry and armoury are already in it, it would make a bit of sense)

Edit: with the recently added faster decay rate, it seems to make even more sense.

Comment

• I still feel having it in a guild-specific skillset would be fairer on runesmiths, it would put them in line with the other armour wearing guilds. Out of most guilds runesmiths probably have the least reason to be training lore.

Comment

• I'd like to bump Bult's idea, Runesmiths do need that skill.

I'd really like to see an NPC in a village(s) that collects monster corpses, the bigger the creature the more the income?
                            NPC level
                            1-10-1c
                            11-20-2c
                            21-30- 3c
                            31-40-4c
                            41-50-5c
                            51-60-6c
                            61-70-7c
                            etc....etc

I just think that if a few NPCs that would accept bodies from various villages would be great compared to handing in broomsticks,nets, etc etc. Plus bashing at least takes a bit more skill(being mindful) than just pushing a few buttons and gathering all the quest items.

Just imagine clearing the wyverns and drakes and getting around 3g along with helping a village out? On top of that it gives players motivation to go out and level/earn coin.
                            Last edited by David; 7 March 2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Also, to add another topic to this thread. What about making use of the hammers around the realm? There are a few villages that could use repairs, what if we handed hammers to the village leaders so that their streets can be worked upon?

To add further upon this idea, instead of coin being given to the person handing the hammer in, instead a message from the NPC saying thanks for helping repair our village.
                              Last edited by David; 7 March 2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• There are certain npcs that will accept corpses and for a large fraction of those, they reward you with gold. A few examples I can name offhand are Soran, Arkad and Songaar. To make an npc that accepts all corpses, regardless of if they are villagers, mordikhan or squirrels would take quite a feat of imagination on why the man wants them in the first place.

In addition, as quite a good many people have learned, there is too much gold in the realm. Please keep in mind that when you search a corpse, you will sometimes discover gold on it. Making it so that every time you go on a hunting trip, you earn an additional 10-20 gold would only add to the abundance of gold. Yes, it would give you something to do with the corpses besides sacrifice them or eat them, but maybe an idea that does not contribute further to existing problems would be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X