Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me off my horse? Listen to your own words bud, crying over stab balance being a little bit longer when the people who aren't as skilled with a dagger vs those who are. Or should I bring up you not wanting balance when showing runes? How about you even being involved in the game anymore? Yeah, I don't know what's truly worse your complaining or logging onto the forums to a game you aren't even interested in logging on anymore.
    To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Just to make a point. You can show a rune 3 times every 2 stabs from a kryllian dagger. 5 to 2 with a pike.
      The showing is faster than any weapon why make it a big deal to have a small balance disruption? I do think the fragments take a bit too long for the recovery, its easier to leap for me most of the time (Depending on the beast) Its like a 3 second recovery for throwing items why not just have that recovery instead of the 5 seconds for the fragments?
      Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
      A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
        Just to make a point. You can show a rune 3 times every 2 stabs from a kryllian dagger. 5 to 2 with a pike.
        The showing is faster than any weapon why make it a big deal to have a small balance disruption? I do think the fragments take a bit too long for the recovery, its easier to leap for me most of the time (Depending on the beast) Its like a 3 second recovery for throwing items why not just have that recovery instead of the 5 seconds for the fragments?
        Leap is double balance almost and can be interrupted where a fragment being thrown is you leaving the scene right away granting you a safety net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
          Me off my horse? Listen to your own words bud, crying over stab balance being a little bit longer when the people who aren't as skilled with a dagger vs those who are. Or should I bring up you not wanting balance when showing runes? How about you even being involved in the game anymore? Yeah, I don't know what's truly worse your complaining or logging onto the forums to a game you aren't even interested in logging on anymore.
          Obviously you missed the sarcasm. The sarcasm I painfully pointed out with parentheses. Go back, take a breath, and read it.

Moving on.

Why should it matter if I am involved with the dead game? I can still beat a dead horse just as well as anyone

Edit:

I'm really not sure whether or not to keep replying to you, so this'll be my last on this line of posts.

The game is stagnant. There haven't been skill updates in a long time. No world changes in a long time. There was a war, and then people lost interest. There's something wrong with that. This is why I personally do not play - I can not be expected to log in to a play with less than 10 people to do nothing more than quest or bash, two things that have not changes in three years. We keep having things promised to us, and yet, NOTHING HAPPENS.

When Xyrath got up there, I thought that would rejuvenate things, because it'd be a new source of conflict. Except - No. Sorry. He's nowhere near as public as someone like Bralnok was, or even Rezaktal.

Please feel free to PM or reply with reasons as to why this game has updated itself or moved forward. A few divine can attest to how much I hope for word of it.
          Last edited by Chyren; 29 May 2010, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Leap is double balance almost and can be interrupted where a fragment being thrown is you leaving the scene right away granting you a safety net.
            I suppose that is true about the interruptions but I always seem to have a problem when I throw the fragment out that when things come into the room from the room I coming from they have a chance to hit though they don't always... But I do see where you are coming from. I REALLY wish you would have done some posts in the runesmiths while you were the guildmaster, seems its harder to find anything relating these days in bar.

Comment

• What fun would that be? It would take away from all the learning if I just told everything on the boards. What I always disliked about fragments was the cost with them, it isn't much but again it isn't free compared to the rest of the escape skills. Granted, I suppose that is the uniqueness of the Runesmiths......it's a pretty great guild, just the only issue is that the person has to be rather rich to be effective in challenges and/or raids. As far as bashing goes though, I would say they are top dog. It's a thinking person's guild, nothing is a constant which was frustrating at times, but for the most part kept things interesting.

I do know that before I left the guild that there was some apparent changes coming to the guild, such as eternity/chaos being removed and replaced with other skills that would be more related to the dwarven heritage of the guild. I am not even sure if this is still on the plate or not, but that is really I know.

Comment

What fun would that be? It would take away from all the learning if I just told everything on the boards. What I always disliked about fragments was the cost with them, it isn't much but again it isn't free compared to the rest of the escape skills. Granted, I suppose that is the uniqueness of the Runesmiths......it's a pretty great guild, just the only issue is that the person has to be rather rich to be effective in challenges and/or raids. As far as bashing goes though, I would say they are top dog. It's a thinking person's guild, nothing is a constant which was frustrating at times, but for the most part kept things interesting.

I do know that before I left the guild that there was some apparent changes coming to the guild, such as eternity/chaos being removed and replaced with other skills that would be more related to the dwarven heritage of the guild. I am not even sure if this is still on the plate or not, but that is really I know.
                Its constantly changing right now especially, I've found quite a few bugs in the skills so... Lots of changes right now.

Comment

Just to make a point. You can show a rune 3 times every 2 stabs from a kryllian dagger. 5 to 2 with a pike.
                  Too easy to take advantage of people with slower balance if you recover 3 seconds after throwing fragments. By the time I recover balance, you'd already be 10 rooms away. >_> Add an ice wall, which will take me 4-8 seconds (random durability of ice walls) to charge through. You've had fully recovered and ready for the next round. If ya want 3 seconds, then I bet Zyc would remove your ability to teleport through ice walls with rune fragments. Which would be awesome, cause then I can ice wall runesmiths in with me. >_> I wants them not being able to run away from mah sword of teh celica induced painz.

Comment

• Its just seems to me... (I don't have exact times) but fragments are good for things like that but if that was taken away dart, fade, and the wind one would all be cancelled or at least I would hope. Any warrior type can charge or even mount charge.

Comment

• Something I noticed.... You can't shoot npc's with arrows. now I can understand if someone were to just sit there can kill them from the other room but couldn't they just be called with that? I mean if I got shot from the south I would know it, why wouldn't they walk south to find out?

Comment

• heh, 20 people shooting mordi. That is the first thing that came to mind....
                        Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

• with as little damage as archery does, you'd need more like, 200. assuming the goal is to kill him before he can come out o_O
                          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Its just seems to me... (I don't have exact times) but fragments are good for things like that but if that was taken away dart, fade, and the wind one would all be cancelled or at least I would hope. Any warrior type can charge or even mount charge.
                            Naw, charging takes a long time. Fading/Fire/Wind through an ice wall is a powerful advantage. Aari used the dart/ice wall to the point where it frustrated melee users to no end. It takes too bloody long to break a wall. I also hate the new randomness for Ice Walls. There's a huge disadvantage for a wall that breaks after one charge - the other guy can keep putting a new one up. There's a step that you have to do before engaging an enemy who has an ice wall up if you're melee. If you don't follow it, then the individual will always escape and re-heal effectively. And that is to charge an Ice Wall once, and leave it alone to break with one more charge. Why? Cause I can bloody break it after they flee with a single charge and go after them instead of wasting 8 SECONDS trying to break a wall twice. Now the bloody thing is unpredictable - I don't know if it takes 1 or 2 charges to destroy it. On the plus side, if it breaks with one charge... and they put it back up. I'll keep breaking it to make em waste their runes. >_> Makes the battle more silly in my opinion.

Ice wall spammer: OH GAWD OH GAWD WHY IS IT RANDOMLY TAKING ONE CHARGE TO BREAK?!
                            ----8 mins and 50 runes later---
                            Jos: *breaks another with one charge* WEEEEEE!!! We haven't actually even begin fighting yet!
                            Last edited by Joscelin; 4 June 2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                              with as little damage as archery does, you'd need more like, 200. assuming the goal is to kill him before he can come out o_O
                              Assembled archers: Our arrows will blot out the sun!
                              Mordikhan: *breathes fire* Hah!
                              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                                Assembled archers: Our arrows will blot out the sun!
                                Mordikhan: *breathes fire* Hah!
                                Assembled archer: Our arrows are useless! Quick get Roran, he can annoy the dragon to death!
                                Roran: Sorry guys, quit being annoying, ask... Xyoa.
                                Xyoa: -snores- (inside joke, you'll get it if he decided to tell you)
                                Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Working...
                                X