Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, you can also do verse of elucidation, which doesn't take up any slot. It just disappears every 5 or so minutes, which isn't a big burden if you're bashing. You just finish killing the monster, then verse it again.
    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
    You say, "Go get it!"
    You throw a light crystal to the up.
    You have recovered balance.
    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• I guess I got used to bashing with Xinia. and of course the 3 engravings would give it an advantage, why else would I suggest it. The weapons do pretty well alone with just the 2 engravings though just as long as you CAN engrave the right ones. Its something I may play around with a bit, maybe make the weapon then talk to a divine about trying to get it 'specialized' as a guild weapon.
      Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
      A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• It lasts for five minutes now? o_o When I used it back then. It barely lasted a minute... I want my shadow seek to be faster. D:

Comment

• I want to be invincible! Oh, and I never timed it. I just estimated. I'm turning into Chyren, so I dunno. (in the way that he still trolls here but plays for a total of 15 minutes per week )
          Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
          You say, "Go get it!"
          You throw a light crystal to the up.
          You have recovered balance.
          Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
          Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind being able to do something similar to itemsense with beasts. Can't do it for the crocodile, syltovia, or when I was back in Golgonath the dwarves. Wouldn't be all that useful for some people but it would be for people who consistantly bash.

Comment

• Templars with defensive stance and hymn of life are invincible. D: I remember that Sirius vs Pacted Aari-Legion fight... Couldn't harm the Templar with physical damage for hours. Pretty much why he went back to an affliction class. >_> Tying up systems with afflictions is often the hardest, but surest way to kill someone in any scenario compared to straight forward damage. Still argue that two runesmiths are the most invincible duo ever. o_o Anyone who was in the receiving end of it in the past would agree.... ouchies. Two people with 110 armor+550 damage+Traps+Chaos/Eternity equals a meanarse raiding machine. >_<
              Last edited by Joscelin; 26 May 2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• I still have text based nightmares of my first runesmith fight... its horrible. And i agree with Joscelin, the hammer would be too big of an advantage, maybe it can have the same cosmetic uniqueness as the K'raki Dagger?

Forsaken guildhead item is hard to nail down, as there isn't any weapon (the dagger doesn't count its a tool, not a weapon) my guess is it would likely have to be a peice of clothing of some type... like a hugely ornate ring. Something to reflect the guild heirarchy in a way. Ring of Blood maybe or something.
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• A blood crown. Cause Forsakens are nobles. I never said a hammer would be overpowered. Runesmiths don't attack with weapons anyways, since all they do is show runes. o_o And they use broadswords for the high defense rating, or at least Aari/Adela did... If the hammer gave the same defense rating as a low mithril broadsword, then meh. No biggies.
                  Last edited by Joscelin; 27 May 2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• If I ever found myself an eternity rune, I'd be using a dagger. Gg toxins. ((Elysian law can shaft itself. Never listened to it anyways.))

Comment

• Isn't it outdated? Like... before I left. They still had fines in the old currency. o_o That's probably our fault for never touching it. >_< Ironically updating the rules in Ysallyra was one of the very first things that got done under the new community. And I thought you couldn't show runes and attack at the same time since they both use physical balance. Runesmiths don't even have weaponlore, and the runes on the weapons don't even make up for the lack of the skill. Also they did something to the dagger's stab speed if you're not an assassin. D: It's like... 5-6 seconds long.

Jos: Lies! We can stab and recover balance just fine...

Aari: Try it.

Jos: *stabs* *waits* Hooooly crap that's slow.

Aari: ...

Jos: *swings* Meh, it's 4 seconds with swinging. Better off with a longsword...
                      Last edited by Joscelin; 28 May 2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
                        Isn't it outdated? Like... before I left. They still had fines in the old currency.
                        No idea? I haven't looked at it this time through the city. Probably same as last time Chyren was Senator.

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
                        And I thought you couldn't show runes and attack at the same time since they both use physical balance. Runesmiths don't even have weaponlore, and the runes on the weapons don't even make up for the lack of the skill.
                        Showing+stabbing wasn't what I meant. Think about the strategies with eternity and toxins. There you go.

Weaponlore shouldn't matter, not going for damage.

Runes on weapons..again, not what going for. (Also I personally can't put runes on? Maybe I can. No idea.)

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
                        Also they did something to the dagger's stab speed if you're not an assassin. D: It's like... 5-6 seconds long.
                        THIS has me angry. If you're going to screw over every other class than Assassin for crap like this, change balance on every weapon to be shafted. Let every class choose a weapon proficiency when they get partially through Weapons so the balance isn't effing worked over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                          Runes on weapons..again, not what going for. (Also I personally can't put runes on? Maybe I can. No idea.)
                          You can't.
                          I think it would be cool to rub toxins onto a rune and hit them with a show and a toxin, not plausable but still a fun idea.

Comment

• uh... showing a toxin? well that'd be awesome if you were an assassin..

'Aaridan, could I see some nightshade? OMFG IM HAVING A SEIZURE!!'

That'd be like Forsakens talking about hemorrhages and everyone in earshot dying of a stroke...
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Well to me it makes sense for stab to be naturally quicker for an Assassin vs people who aren't specialized in the arts of Assassination. Assassins get penalized when swinging a sword....so to each their own.

Or we could just make everything completely equal and see how people fare in fights then? Any takers? I personally love the Colossuem fights, takes away all doubt and pits everyone with the same exact items/skillranks. My only loss was to Zycandos.....so I will agree with Pyrok when he says that it is Zycandos's world, we just live in it.
                              Last edited by Aaridan; 29 May 2010, 12:21 AM.
                              To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Five seconds for stabbing a dagger is nonsense, get off your horse.

Swinging a rapier is faster. Please teach me where this makes sense ingame, because as far as I'm aware, anyone can stab with anything faster then they can hurl a rapier towards something.

If that's your plan, though, I want no balance lost on showing runes. Anyone else can raise or brandish an item, which is the same concept as showing it, because you're bound to look, without balance lost. Please take away balance from display, and put it on brandish/raise. (Do you see the sarcasm?)

Comment

Working...
                                X