Adjustment to learning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment to learning?

I couldn't find a forum section more suitable for this, so I guess I'll post it here as it is a question... sorta.

Would it be possible to have a bit more variety with the messages when learning skills? Not only does it get a little dull seeing the same message regardless of how skilled the person training is, it just doesn't make sense that I perpetually fail to look through a telescope, despite knowing well how to do so, or otherwise fail/be amazed at things I could do myself. I know it's a large project, and if I knew about the higher levelled skills I'd offer to help write up possible messages myself, but I really think this is the kind of polish that would make Akanbar feel more alive.

While I can see your point, I would have to say, that it is just a minor issue. I really don't even see it as a problem myself. But would you rather the coders spend time coming up with a way to vary the learning messages? Or would you rather have them focus on adding new elements to the game? Personally, I would rather see them spend their time on something more significant.

Look at the bright side, once you reach unsurp, you don't have to worry about it anymore. *Smile*
    Faith is the virtue of the storm...

Comment

I agree with Ashayna for almost everything, except for the part about the new elements to the game. The only reason I say this is because there are a few things already started but not quite done that would add more excitement to the (sometimes) dull world of Akanbar.

Of the top of my head, the one I can think of is with the trading caravans. We can send soldiers to guard them, but we can't raid them, so it doesn't seem to do much. And I know this would add a dynamic element to the game, you would always have to be on the watch or be ready to seize the moment and attack one.

And while I'm not sure how far the skill of sailing was meant to go, it seems like it was a one time thing, and I can only imagine the time it took to code in a whole ocean, *grin.

All I am trying to say is that we have mounds of stuff available, but it just isn't all being used.

Comment

Well, I'd rather them work on more important stuff as needed, but at the same time the small things in a game are what make it feel alive. Really, the biggest issue I have with Akanbar at times is how... hollow everything seems. In a game as focused on RP as this one, a lot of stuff does indeed seem unpolished, or even downright useless (The caravans from Lymr just go around in circles...). Also, I posted a small idea on purpose, since it seems like it'd be rather easy to implement. Just have it check your level in the skill, and use that to determine what message you get. So, first level Weapons gives the same message on the basics of weapon types, second level gets a small sparring match where he shows the importance of Defence... stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
        X