Mismatched Zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mismatched Zones

Hi all! This thread is an odd one, but bear with me while I try to explain without writing a novel: there are a few places in the game that have been adjusted and moved around on the map, some even multiple times, and undoubtedly we've missed a few things in room names, descriptions etc that create some level of dissonance. I'd like to get these catalogued for tweaking over the next few [insert units of time here].

EDIT: The title could really be "Mismatched Zones and Tones", because I'd also like to get a handle on room descriptions with questionable inferences, such as the room in Grebnarsh that previously mentioned nonexistent orcs! Basically anything that makes you raise your eyebrow because it seems, for lack of a better term, off.

Example of what I'm looking for:
    - multiple rooms in Sian Dorah named 'Jungle near a black highway' that are not actually near the Black Highway

Examples of what I'm not looking for:
    - actual typos, missing mapper rooms and related inconsistencies (which can be posted here!)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nakarym; 26 March 2023, 11:03 PM.

From Chione's player:

This room is near Baresh. The issue is in the title of the room description some of the room description writes as if the location still stems off Golgonath.

Code:
    Before the south gate of Golgonath

To the northwest, the Great South Road reaches its northern terminus at the city of Golgonath,
    a tunnel bored through the mountains to provide access to the valley the city lies in,
    untold slaves having been worked to death carving through the solid rock.
    Heavy iron gates have been hung across the tunnel mouth, worked so that when they meet,
    the visage of a demon will greet all who approach. High above you, several smaller windows
    look out of the mountain, suggesting that the tunnel is not the only route carved through the
    mountain, with various lookout posts commanding a view over the road you stand on.
    You can progress southeast.?

Comment

Originally posted by Skia View Post
      From Chione's player:

This room is near Baresh. The issue is in the title of the room description some of the room description writes as if the location still stems off Golgonath.

Code:
      Before the south gate of Golgonath

To the northwest, the Great South Road reaches its northern terminus at the city of Golgonath,
      a tunnel bored through the mountains to provide access to the valley the city lies in,
      untold slaves having been worked to death carving through the solid rock.
      Heavy iron gates have been hung across the tunnel mouth, worked so that when they meet,
      the visage of a demon will greet all who approach. High above you, several smaller windows
      look out of the mountain, suggesting that the tunnel is not the only route carved through the
      mountain, with various lookout posts commanding a view over the road you stand on.
      You can progress southeast.?
      Plucky situation here. The rooms still "match up" on either side, only the exit itself has been removed...by all accounts the descriptions are not incorrect. Will consider reflavouring the text to make it make more sense (the gate is just always closed!) or something

Comment

Working...
      X