Akanbar Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akanbar Forums

We are considering an upgrade to the latest version of the forum software. There are advantages and disadvantages to this.

The main advantages are:
    Potentials for sanctioned player blogs
    Maybe a different style for news
    Updated features
    Probably faster

Disadvantages:
    We'll likely lose this customised interface. We'd get a new one, but chances are it'd be more generic and less "medival" feeling. In turn though, that likely means it'll be faster
    Yes!
    0%
    No!
    0%
    You won't listen to us, and I have no opinion anyway.
    0%

The poll is expired.

Sounds fun. Will there still be specialized areas depending on a character's guild/leadership/city rank?
    A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

The sections will be the same as currently. All linked into the game to automate it.

P.S. Any graphic designer out there who wants to help design a new wonderful theme?

Comment

I'd just like to write a quick note of appreciation to Jaethor, for voting that we don't care what he thinks.

Comment

Are you certain it is appreciation and not apathy?
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Yes, mostly

Comment

I vote yes.

One thing that has bothered me about the current forums is that often when I write longish posts I find when I go to submit them, I have been timed out and if I haven't copied the post to the clipboard I'll end up losing it.
              Maybe there are some settings I can change to avoid this, if so, please let me know.

Comment

Yes, it will give me something new and shiny to look at when i wake up in the morning.... that being said please don't making it blindingly white. Be gentle with me! i'm semi-nocturnal!
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

I would be grateful for any kind of news, we don't hear much of what is going on or being changed.
                  Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

If we think it's worth mentioning, we post it on the in-game news system. Having a new news system on the forums isn't going to help that any. If we don't post it on the in-game news system or in a bug report, it's not something we think should be mentioned.
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Is there a tentative date set for when the changes are going to be put in place, or is it more of a 'When we're ready, you'll know' sort of thing?
                      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Ah mortals, the neverending fountain of praise and sacrifices."

Comment

Date... If only it were so simple.

This whole forums discussion has expanded into potentially updating the main website at the same time. Consistant themes and all that.

The forums will be updated, but I'm not yet sure how or when.

Comment

Well in that case, good luck with all of it! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
                          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Ah mortals, the neverending fountain of praise and sacrifices."

Comment

Originally posted by Zycandos View Post
                            Date... If only it were so simple.

This whole forums discussion has expanded into potentially updating the main website at the same time. Consistant themes and all that.

The forums will be updated, but I'm not yet sure how or when.
                            Personally, I like this

The website hasn't changed in the last 6 years or something, so I think a change would be good.

Just my 2 copper though.
                            Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

I don't know if anyone's posted this already but I thought this would be a decent place for it.

Would there be any chance these forums could install the plugin for Tapatalk? A lot of smart phones use this app to make forum browsing a lot easier instead of using a regular web browser. I read the plugin is free and easy to install. Just a suggestion. I'm finding myself a lot more dependent on my phone when I'm not at work for my Akanbar fix.
                              A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

Working...
                              X