Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiration

With this post, i wanted to do a few different things. I was searching the internet, looking for anything really. Just trying to find something that reminded me of Akanbar on a visual level. I found these three pictures, each one meaning something to me.

I really hope that people will comment on these pictures. I also want people to search the web for their own pictures. Something that tunes in with yourself. I am hoping, that with these pictures serving as Inspiration, we can add some depth to our characters, and our land.

Maybe one of your pictures will inspire a divine or a fellow player to create something cause a world event. That'd be pretty cool... Heck, even if it doesn't, i think this would be a good place to get to know other fellow players. Maybe let others see what we see when we walk through this realm.

The three pictures below are just the beginning as I will add to it as I find things that inspire me on some level. I encourage you all to do the same.

first one: makes me think of that rumor a long time ago that assassins did more damage with the bow than other people (its not true. then again with the assassins who knows.)
    second one: Elysium back around the time of the Manure Incident
    Third: Black Forest on a sunny day.
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

First one doesn't speak to me.
      Second one, I more thought of the black legion, but hey, Pyrok -does- have a point there.
      Third one, I more thought of the forested area, near Lady Ilessa's temple and the fallow hills. Although I suppose any forest at dusk would work. Gotta say, I really like the last picture.
      We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Who are you two kidding?

The second one is totally Leyil during his small time as a Black Legion. Or, if the guy didn't have armour, Leyil in general.

The third one is definitely the middle of the drunken race after the fall festival in Ysallyra, the Sembel of the Hollow Moon. Everyone is leaning against trees for support.

I don't have anything for the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
          second one: Elysium back around the time of the Manure Incident
          For GREAT JUSTICE and lots of lulz, I present to you :

The Ballad Of The Minstrel's Bucket

The air was cold, the sky was still
          The land lay silent in winter's chill
          As under the cover of deepest night
          Slipped a shadow into the city of light
          Bucket in hand, mischief in mind
          Morning should the marble floors befouled find!
          The watching eyes were closed, the guards they slept
          As into the golden towers the shadow crept
          In seconds was committed the pepper paste deed
          Into the gleaming chambers was the reeking bucket emptied!

Raged then the great ones of the city bright
          What knave darest thus insult the Light?
          Spake the God of the Sun in his glory, to name the culprit:
          'Twas the Minstrel of Ysallyra! Lord Aten said
          The wrath of Elysium rose beyond compare
          Disbelief, disgust, outrage more than mortal soul could bear
          Stood forth their men of power, the gauntlet down to fling
          To the insolent minstrel, the Light's vengeance to bring!
          With blood upon their swords, they still demanded more
          Ysallyra must pay for making Sun Realm tempers sore!

In gold and blood and horseflesh, the shadow city paid
          Yet for years to come, the issue shall not be laid
          The filth from the marble floors may be cleared
          But in the eyes of Elysium, the shadows are for ever smeared
          Thus the prerogative of power has ever lain
          To stand upon its dignity, and like lightning hurl the blame
          The minstrel's stinking bucket a childish prank did bring
          But also a wave of anger, beyond mere reasoning
          Only a fool to the great and prideful would be thus provoking
          And why, it is a fool who stands before you now to sing...

Comment

She really was good at that wasn't she.
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

1.) When I was a novice I was told that a Ranger guild would come to Elysium....so this just pains me to see.

2.) I can see this being Leyil more than the whole Elysium/Ysallyra Manure War.

3.) I relate more towards the Ysallyran forest here, don't you see one of the Ysallyran guards behind that tree? haha

Comment

well... he/she must be an assassin cause i didn't see them till i SCANNED the scenery. oho.
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                  well... he/she must be an assassin cause i didn't see them till i SCANNED the scenery. oho.
                  Har har. no, seriously. HAR HAR.
                  We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Made me think of a Storm Warden. It is actually supposed to be Zeus, but the image looked really cool.

Comment

I actually didn't examine one such Siren, but from what I recall, this is an accurate image to what I think one might look like. Sailing the open ocean is something of a obsession with me after Dimetrius' little excursion he took me on.

Comment

A beautiful siren

Dressed in a gossamer dress that sweeps down to her feet, a siren evokes feelings of attraction from even the most strongest of willed men. Her beauty is only surpassed by her voice that lures in sailors towards their untimely demise.
                        My inspiration came mostly from Mythology, but I heavily diverged from the concept. After writing the descriptions for sea warfare items, the other sea hunting monsters and polishing off Mount Ijicen, I wasn't exactly wanting to write insane descriptions. I get rather burnt out quickly, which is why I've hired some of My fans. I am glad you two are enjoying sea exploration. I plan to someday add more features, not just more islands (which I always plan to add).
                        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal View Post

Made me think of a Storm Warden. It is actually supposed to be Zeus, but the image looked really cool.
                          This actually made me think of Zycandos o.o
                          Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                          2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                          Words to Live By:
                          "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                          "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

I outdo you sir.
                            You lunge at Jaethor, God of Enlightenment, viciously biting his shoulder,
                            causing him to cry out in pain.

Comment

I never knew Ben Franklin was a forsaken.... :P
                              Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

Working...
                              X