Macey AKA Rachelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macey AKA Rachelle

It is with a heavy, broken heart that I regret to inform you that the girl who played Rachelle has passed away. We are currently unaware as to the cause, however we know that it occurred on Wednesday the 12th of January, and she was 18 years old.

This link here will take you to the obituary for her.

This link will take you to a website with a way to send condolences to her family.

For those of you that were not close to her, this may not impact you as much as it has a handful of us already. As I type, I do so with tears splashing against the keyboard.

Macey was an artist, taking quite a few classes in it and the joy she took from it was plain to see. As such, a scholarship aptly named the Macey Vankosky Art Scholarship has been founded in her name, and if you so chosoe, you may make a donation to it on the second website.

Macey was a wonderful, beautiful person. She changed the lives of everyone around her, and I can not begin to explain the impact she had on my own personal life.

If anyone needs to talk to someone about this, I can only direct you to myself at the moment, and you can reach me at the following
    on MSN: shadowofmutsuko@hotmail.com
    email: derekdeska@gmail.com

Edit: Feel free to share any memories you have of her, should you choose. I think that will be a great start to remembering this brilliant girl.
    Last edited by Silas; 17 January 2011, 03:40 PM.

Oh no. No, no, no. What a terrible loss and tragedy. I just loved her.

Comment

It now feels like a very short while ago when she and I were talking about her life with school and how her pet puppy was doing. She was young, and it's really depressing to know that she won't be able to experience everything that this world has to offer. I'm terribly sorry the tragic loss, and I know she must have been a very close friend to you and most people around here.

Comment

I had the pleasure of knowing Rachelle/Macey in and out of game for many years. We often spoke to each other using our blackberries about her dog(Ember thanks Silas...with the emotions it slipped my mind) and her times with her brother playing wii.....The departure of Aaridan from Ysallyra is when we both sort of fell out of touch. She recently sent me an email apologizing for everything that happened. I am just glad that we were able to amend our problem before her passing. I cannot begin to express my feelings at this moment as my heart is heavy with sadness. I will take time out of my day to give thanks for all that she was not only for her character Rachelle that we all know, but for the person Macey that she was. I know she loved her time spent in Akanbar and enjoyed all that she did even though at times she felt burdened to do too much. On Janurary 12th....we lost more than just Rachelle....we as the world lost a good person in Macey. My heart goes out to all those family members of a 18 year old girl that was taken far too soon from this world.

(As far as a game standpoint, I really think it would be a great honour to Rachelle for a statue of her character to be placed somewhere in the game....whether it be Ysallyra or in one of the many villages she so loved to quest and trade in....)
        Last edited by Aaridan; 17 January 2011, 06:17 PM.
        To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

I didn't know her all that well OOCly, but both of my characters simply -adored- her. Our simple yet effective talks about alchemy, farming, all things merchantry to Ilshara's time in Ysallyra. I wish I had gotten to know her better. She will be sorely missed, and my heart goes out to her family and all those who were close to her for this tragedy that has befallen. She was taken too soon, 18 years old is far too soon.

(I also think what Aaridan said about a statue of her character. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people.)

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread, Derek - you really meant a lot to Macey, and had such an impact on her life too, and the pain and grief that I feel with you really shows how much love she brought to those of us who were close to her. And thanks to all those of you who've posted with such sweet thoughts and suggestions. I was pretty close with Macey, so I apologise if this seems too much, but I have a lot of feeling to share. And nothing would ever be enough to do it justice.

It's unbelievable to think I'll never speak to Macey again - she was a daily part of my life so long, in and out of Akanbar, that I don't know what to do with all the thoughts that keep turning to her and just flailing at the void she's left.

I was lucky enough to know Macey well OOC and she was as sharp, smart, funny, and awe inspiring as she was IG. She'd often show me art projects she was working on and her gifts as an artist used to take my breath away and yet she was so casual about them. She truly was one of the smartest and most gifted people I ever met, but so modest about it. And she had real compassion and warmth too that shone through a sometimes shy front. I know there are many friends whose hearts are aching like mine at her loss, and I hope it's some comfort that I know from speaking with her and hearing her talk of others how much she held us all close in her thoughts and how much we meant to her.

I don't think I've ever been so affected by someone that I never actually met. It's funny how someone you only know online can be so important to you - I feel like it must look phony. But only people who didn't know Macey would think that. Macey's soul just blazed like a star and the real pain I and others feel at her loss really shows how amazing she was to put such a light in our hearts. She just radiated a beauty and largeness of spirit that shone out no matter what the distance.

I loved Macey, but I know even those less close will have been touched by her and will feel grief at her loss. I have so many memories of her that I wouldn't know where to start. But I know I loved her - the tears I share with Derek don't even begin to tell how much - my keyboard's wet from me wiping my eyes and typing. And I know that nothing will ever take her from my heart.

I know that others will feel the same, and it's good that we can share and support each other some here, and that it'll be some small comfort to honour Macey's memory by showing how much she meant to us. And if anyone wants to talk about her with me too, they can on kjmcginley@hotmail.com.

I'm gonna miss you so much, Macey. Thanks for bringing so much into my life.

Kevin

Comment

I'd love to see a statue to memorialize her. I'd say more, but I'm trying my damndest not to start bawling at work.

Comment

The dog's name is Ember, and that's about as far as I can get without breaking down at the moment. Thanks for the posts, guys.

Comment

If Gods be so inclined to offer a statue of her for a price (cost of construction) in gold or commodities. I'd be more than happy to contribute in anyway I can.
                  Last edited by Joscelin; 17 January 2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

So much, to so many people. Its absolutely awe inspiring.
                    Though, I wasn't as close to Macey as some. She made a massive difference in my life.
                    A long list of thanks. When first I met her, she was my student, then my teacher.
                    both inside akanbar and out, she taught me so much. from trading, to leadership inside.
                    to art, and music outside. Music has always been a driving force in my life, and I know
                    as time goes by, the songs she showed me, will continue to hold dear memories of her.
                    Birthdays will never be quite the same.
                    Goodbye Macey. You will be dearly missed.

(Seconding the joscelin's notion of donating things. I have a moderate sum of gold, and a bountiful sum of anything that a miner can mine. (with the exception of kryllian, and only a moderate sum of stone). I would gladly donate every bit of it, to see something erected in honor of Rachelle.)
                    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

First off, if the admin decide to charge for a statue of a player that contributed not only hundreds of hours to this game but also impacted 3/4 of the playerbase in such a way, I would say that that would be the last straw for me and this game. The least they could do would be a statue with her current description, preferably at the Oak.
                      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
                      On to what I wanted to post about, not that I'm okay by any sense, but I feel a need to write this. I doubt it will scratch the surface, but here goes.

Macey and I were best friends in every sense of the phrase. She was my rock throughout highschool, and over the past year or so, we were as close as ever. I'm not really great at trying to describe things like this, because the easiest and simplest way that I can say it is that I loved her. She was the truest sense of a friend I could have ever asked for, and I am saddened to a degree that I can not commit to words that there will be times when I want to talk to her and won't be able to. Since I found out last night, the only thing I've wanted to do is talk to her.

We were almost the same age, separated by a few months, and we went through a lot of the same things together, not to mention Akanbar for a long while. She was everything that people above this post have said and more..so much more. She loved her family, her animals and especially her puppy(who isn't quite a puppy anymore heh), Ember. She loved to draw, to paint, sculpt, listen to music, chit chat- Do everything that a normal 18 year old girl might, but she did it with an intelligence, a way about her that just made her seem..real. She didn't try to hide behind a facade, she gave you the only Macey she knew, and if you knew that girl...well, you'd be like myself and others are, torn apart.

Today is her memorial service, it happened just a bit ago, and I can not begin to explain to any of you the pain that I have through this. To think that just last week we were texting and laughing, and now there is nothing..it is a shame. She would have touched so many more lives than she already has.

To finish this stream of conscious writing, I'd like to say this:

Macey was the type of girl that you could be yourself with, and she would appreciate you for you.
                      Macey was the type of girl that didn't hold back.

I wish I would've had one more conversation with her, even if only to thank her for being the best friend I've ever had. To tell her that she will be missed so..so much, not forgotten, and to tell her that I loved her, and will continue to love her.

I love you, Macey.

Comment

I still remember the day I met Macey. It will be five years ago in a couple months. It seems so long and so short at the same time. She was an instant light and joy in my life, even just to teach her and see her grow.

I remember talking her into coming to Akanbar, worried whether she would like it or get along with folks. And seeing her blossom and come into her own was more joy than I can say. She treated people here just like the people she interacted with in her life outside the game and made everyone feel like they mattered. She maintained her integrity and her beliefs more than anyone I've seen and looking back I feel honored that she counted me as family in and outside of the internet.

For those of you who did not get to know her well, I am sorry. You were robbed of a truly beautiful person in your life.

I appreciate Derek posting this thread and all of those who have contributed. She loved all of you.
                        In all you do.....do it with love and with honor.

Comment

Originally, my post was going to be a short poem.
                          but when I sat down to write, I just couldn't do it.
                          I only hope that it is good enough to stand with all of the other heartfelt posts.
                          __________________________________________________ ___________________

Macey,

I thought my tears dried up, forever ago.
                          But they were just waiting, for me to remember
                          remember the lightning, and the companionship
                          remember the sun, and the leadership

I thought my feelings were all skewed
                          but they were just waiting, for me to realize
                          that my birthday would be alone next year
                          that you were my first real friend.

I thought I needed to see you. before I'd cry
                          but I just needed to see all the fun we had.
                          running cities, and running idiots into the ground
                          killing spiders, chopping trees.

I thought that was all there was to it
                          but I forgot the music, I forgot the laughter
                          ever the same, we'll never be the same.
                          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

She definitely left her mark on people. She had vitality and spirit.

Macey, save us all a seat. We'll see you soon.

Comment

I didn't know Rachelle/Macey at all OOC. But when I heard, I couldn't help shed a tear for her. I wish I would have at least tried to get to know her. I'll go with what you all have said about her, I'm sure she would have appreciated it. She'll be missed by many. See you soon Macey.

Comment

Working...
                              X