Favorite fighting moment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite fighting moment.

It could be a raid, a challenge, or just an arguing match. Share your experiences here!

I believe mine would have to be the countless challenges between Veran and myself as a Templar. It always seemed like every fight went on for an hour. We each learned a lot from one another and it was just always a great matchup back in the good ole days.

Raiding Golgonath by myself versus three Pyromancers back when towers were minimum of 20 and they never put guard weapons/armour on them. Owning Serith, Aradiance, and that other Pyro was just a good test of might for myself.

Generally discovering all my Runesmith skills and using them to the biggest advantage to myself as possible. Throwing rune fragments after pacifying and leaving my golem with Adela in a tower so we would only pull three out(later ruled illegal). Just always thinking of ideas and plots to make things easier for myself and whoever raided with me.

The countless fights leading up to the Occupation of Golgonath by Elysium/Ysallyra. It was a true joy to fight off two cities and still give them a run for their money. Malic, Estelle, Jaide, Lucia, Veran, Zorax, Icarus, Vriel, and all the other Golgonath people who made Akanbar burst with conflict and drama from what felt like countless player killing. Going into the Ysallyran forest and chopping down their entire grove, and then turning around to clear Elysium's entire city of guards.

To Chyren....the one time that Aaridan's son and him bonded for about twenty minutes for a 2 man raid versus Golgonath.

The dragon rebirth raiding tactic.....still an absolute favorite of mine though illegal now.

The time Joscelin went barging into the centre of victory square as a young Templar just discovering how to tank, having all 15+ guards/pyros agged off him by Magnum, Bart, Ichiban ,and myself....only for us to all survive and laugh about it later.

Drogo for when I was still very young, getting involved in a jumping of sorts on him that I didn't quite understand the consequences at the time. Think he was bashing brigands and a bunch of Elysians told me to tag alone, so I did only to find us jumping and slaying Drogo five minutes later.

Malic and the few Pyromancers that managed to put up the unsurp Pyromancy skill only for it to completely freeze Akanbar up. Also to Malic for all his genius ideas on warfare when it came down to the decisions during the 2v1 war with our gate.

Filch for always a good conversation about how things were, and the good fights we always managed to have. It was always a blast to chase you down, think it helped with my reflexes more and more. I remember when you and Stewert had me in a toxin lock and I broke free only to kill you both. This was after you told Stwert to stop attacking for whatever reason. Made me laugh out loud....

Kenan was the only one to beat me as an Assassin the second time. Fighting him was/is always a delight and worth it for anyone inspiring to be great.

Another could be the countless midnight-5am marching experiences going on zero sleep and having to fight off three to four Golgonath people the entire time as they chased me everywhere in the realm. The one I remember most is when Draith was leading a bunch of people against me, this is when it was just Adela and I. She was still a merchant with very low skills so she couldn't really do anything at all. We all experienced a lot of deaths and it was just a good time all around. Marching an army at the crossroads and being chased all the way to Kervoza. Good times!

(I'll add more when I think of them, at work and bored again....)
    Last edited by Aaridan; 10 January 2011, 09:48 PM.
    To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
    It could be a raid, a challenge, or just an arguing match. Share your experiences here!

The time Joscelin went barging into the centre of victory square as a young Templar just discovering how to tank, having all 15+ guards/pyros agged off him by Magnum, Bart, Ichiban ,and myself....only for us to all survive and laugh about it later.

(I'll add more when I think of them, at work and bored again....)
    I swear to the Gods that my hp was 0 for 5 seconds. >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
      I swear to the Gods that my hp was 0 for 5 seconds. >_>
      I've experience that before, my hp was zero I hit the brigand (First time soloing them.) then healed, no idea what happened but I liked it!
      Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Marching armies. Hands down lots of fun. Even though I lost 8 levels (75 down from 83)... and counting, getting called a coward from evading 5vs1 combat -roll- killed more times than can count... it's still a lot of fun.

sidenote: the actual marching of the armies isn't that fun, just... well ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by roran View Post
          I've experience that before, my hp was zero I hit the brigand (First time soloing them.) then healed, no idea what happened but I liked it!
          I've done that too, funnily enough. didn't have fate up, and it was Aaridan and I, while I was marching. Hit 0 hp for about two ticks, then healed when I could. It was strange, like a gift from the gods. Still didn't help though, only delayed the inevitable >.<

Comment

The health thing is a bit odd to me because I have been dead for 5 seconds while my Wisp was healing me. Bit odd, and Ilshara, no one called -you- a coward moreso towards Carllen and that damned dragon.... Speaking of which new post in the bugs.
            Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
            A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Originally posted by roeshak View Post
              The health thing is a bit odd to me because I have been dead for 5 seconds while my Wisp was healing me. Bit odd, and Ilshara, no one called -you- a coward moreso towards Carllen and that damned dragon.... Speaking of which new post in the bugs.
              Yeah, no one was calling you the coward....it was more Carllen who was shouting and bragging about escaping death while leaving your character to die countless times.
              To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
                Yeah, no one was calling you the coward....it was more Carllen who was shouting and bragging about escaping death while leaving your character to die countless times.
                Totally wouldn't call Ishara a coward. She sacrificed a lot of exp to march and did it honorably. Would have recommended her to become a Patrician if I were a Senator. Heard bad things about the other fellow though... with everybody not liking the huge e-peen thingy. >_> But there's always one of those in every community. *shrugs*

The whole point of Kervoza wasn't to occupy at all. ^_^ Was to lure Elysium into marching killing my excess troops, and to give my people something to do since nobody is raiding the towers anymore. o_o Thanks for saving me 1000 gold to convert em into guards and dismissing em. Definitely would call this my favorite moment in leadership... besides helping Kenan design the most ridiculous patrol routes ever seen in a city.
                Last edited by Joscelin; 12 January 2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
                  Totally wouldn't call Ishara a coward. She sacrificed a lot of exp to march and did it honorably. Would have recommended her to become a Patrician if I were a Senator. Heard bad things about the other fellow though... with everybody not liking the huge e-peen thingy. >_> But there's always one of those in every community. *shrugs*

The whole point of Kervoza wasn't to occupy at all. ^_^ Was to lure Elysium into marching killing my excess troops, and to give my people something to do since nobody is raiding the towers anymore. o_o Thanks for saving me 1000 gold to convert em into guards and dismissing em. Definitely would call this my favorite moment in leadership... besides helping Kenan design the most ridiculous patrol routes ever seen in a city.

Ilshara will be at her house throwing things against a wall now, I probably would be.
                  Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Ilshara will be at her house throwing things against a wall now, I probably would be.
                    I knew why y'all were marching to Kervoza. I -also- needed to get rid of some men that were costing a fortune. don't think I was totally blind as to why Kervoza/Grebnarsh were taken and why a small force was put outside the village as a front. I may be new, but I'm not stupid. Armies are a cost/return kind of equation. A massive army can only be help for so long before the cost creep up, especially when you have little economic gain. I'm not fully aware on the economic situation in Golgonath, though.

That, and Ilshara just wasn't going to just let Golgonath oppress Kervoza simply because of why they did it. Still would have marched.

Marching gave y'all something to do, aka killing me. And it gave me something to do. It taught me a few things, like adapting. I've had little 1vsGroup experience, and it helped me adapt and think of new things to use in the future.

Edit: Oh, and I'm a college student, so I have an apartment not a house ;D

Comment

She marched halfway across the world, survived being teamed, and still managed to command her armies to beat the snot out of some pansy Golg soldiers, and liberated the village, thereby achieving her goal.

Sounds like a heroic saga to me.

Comment

It was a win-win situation. X_X Those armies I got rid of are symbolic of 'in with the new' and 'out with the old' leadership. Would rather strangle myself than enlist all those cavalries and believe they would be useful for warfare. >_> Old saying from good military commanders, "If you're gonna wage war and occupy with cavalries, you may as well do it with air."

The real occupation and warfare... shall begin soon. Look forward to it. And I will be present for it... hopefully. >_< Med school ----> Gaming

Comment

I think the moment(s) I'll always remember were close to when I joined. A young Shadow Warrior interested in fighting and carving a living from the land. I was promoted to Captain and given a crash course on marching and upkeep of armies.

Training? That was the most memorable part. There wasn't time or experienced persons enough in the Shadow Warriors around that time to provide hand on training. Therefore, I dove/was thrust head first into a world of war and meyham to make the best out of what I could.

I remember trying to march armies while being ambushed by David and Adela. This was the first realization I had that, Crafters/Traders/Merchants weren't useless cart pushers and merchandise peddlers. Trying to march an army while getting hit in the neck every other second, then stomped on, headbutted and knee'd similtanously....was hell.

Every once in a while during marching, I'd be joined by Ichiban and Marx to help keep an eye out. Some days it would just be me, marching and rationing armies whenever the chance presented itself. Others, the more memoriable ones, were filled with the clash of metal and the grunts of pain, having to fight for every foot of ground covered.

On the most exciting days, it would be myself, Stewert(or sometimes Ichiban and a young Squire back then instead) against Adela, David and Aaridan. These are the days I will always remember. While war is a thing most try to forget, I recognize it as the beginning of a new journey and accepted it as a duty to my fellow citizens and the Shadow Realm.
                          The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
                          --------------------------------
                          Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

Protip: Either your last paragraph(three sentences?) is a lie or you're remembering wrongly. Fairly sure you couldn't fight those three people together.

Comment

Preceptor of the Templars (Ichiban) vs. Commander of the Black Legion (Myself). We fought at the Colliseum with lots of spectators. I never had to take a step back and kept adding the pressure until I defeated him with one final swing. *close one too cause my warhorse almost got him. That would have ruined the moment. *

Comment

Working...
                              X