No announcement yet.

Complaints Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're already an ass for doing automated quest runs, why do you have to be more of an ass by closing doors and gates as you pass through.

Seriously.
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
      You're already an ass for doing automated quest runs, why do you have to be more of an ass by closing doors and gates as you pass through.

Seriously.
      agreed. it annoys me to no ends that people do this. It happens though cause one side sees the other being automated and closing gates. In which the other side see the ones who automate opposing them and do so to them. its rather annoying. if you think someone is hogging quests, mention it to them. They may just believe no one else wants to do it. I automate to an extent, but it just gets annoying, even with travelling. makes you not even wanna walk anywhere and enjoy the scenery along the way. (-pets shadow-)
      Last edited by Seig; 20 September 2012, 06:38 PM.
      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
      Words to Live By:
      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• There's no excuse for automating quest runs - it's gaming the game, and should be seen as abuse.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• eh. I feel not being to automate quests would kind of make people feel like they shouldn't even bother doing it. I have quest runs set up in zmud, set up in legs, but for each leg I have to input the command. that way I have more control over what happens while I'm questing.

Words to Live By:

Comment

There's no excuse for automating quest runs - it's gaming the game, and should be seen as abuse.
            How is doing a quest at typing speed/numpad walking any different than using an alias or macro to walk a quest? Everyone has the same ability to make them done with even the Akanbar macro system, not to mention clients. It is not against any rules as long as you're not afking. I used to take a lot of flak for 'hogging' quests, but, nobody else tried as hard as I did to do them. It was in my character's persona to /want/ to make gold as quickly as possible.

Comment

• eh. I feel not being to automate quests would kind of make people feel like they shouldn't even bother doing it.
              That's a pitiful argument. A really, really pitiful argument. If people weren't greedy and could play fair with things like this, maybe village trading wouldn't be completely borked. Maybe people who are new to the game would have a chance at getting in on the action.

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
              I used to take a lot of flak for 'hogging' quests, but, nobody else tried as hard as I did to do them. It was in my character's persona to /want/ to make gold as quickly as possible.
              Taking five minutes out of your day to make an alias, then just punching it in every hour...is trying hard?
              Last edited by Dimetrius; 20 September 2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• oh I wasn't making an argument for it. I was just stating that is what I think would happen. Hell, half the time no one can be bothered to do them anyways. I include myself in that category. Seig rarely quests. he either hunts for money, or if he has spare time and doesn't want to hunt, harvests toxins. I find quest runs quite boring. and they don't take enough time if you automate them in my opinion. sorry if you thought I was defending it. twas not my intent.

Words to Live By:

Comment

Taking five minutes out of your day to make an alias, then just punching it in every hour...is trying hard?
                  Five minutes? The way I had it set up took way more than five minutes. And yes, you can try hard while questing. Getting things right off of respawn, finding more efficient ways to run around, etc. If I was questing, I would be going at it more than just once an hour, lol. Considering the small quests respawned every 15 minutes, plus the plethora of other quests that had random timers always had me running.

Comment

• I don't approve of auto-questing. I use aliases like net, broom, etc to turn in items quickly, but I never move around with aliases. It seems so robotic. And lazy. And dissociative....and...
                    Triggers for automatically picking up items irk me to no end. I can literally be in a location, about to pick up something, and before I can blink someone who auto-quests can come flying by, snatch the item (and all the rest nearby, usually) and be back at the crossroads. If you mention it, their response is usually along the lines of OOC: "Lol. I didn't even see you standing there!" Yes, that makes sense. It makes me not want to even try, sometimes, just because you CANNOT compete with a computer. Doing it myself wouldn't solve the issue either, that would cause more of an issue. So why does everyone keep...doing it?

I can do my run, which includes a good bit, nets, pitchforks, brooms, lanterns, misc. quest items, deer and stags, even...within around ten to fifteen minutes usually, ifI am not interrupted or distracted, and I make somewhere around seven gold each time, usually a bit more. Given, I do have Wealth now, but it was never hard for me to quest once I learned where the items reappear or regularly are. I'm not trying to make anyone feel like crud for using an alias to quest, but for Gods sake, use it when you are utterly and totally alone and not when there are other people around, doing it manually. This is why people get jumped for things like "quest-stealing". Because you even make -me- want to jump you.

On a side note:
                    Questing manually does hurt your fingers.
                    If you're doing it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
                      I don't approve of auto-questing. I use aliases like net, broom, etc to turn in items quickly, but I never move around with aliases. It seems so robotic. And lazy. And dissociative....and...
                      Triggers for automatically picking up items irk me to no end. I can literally be in a location, about to pick up something, and before I can blink someone who auto-quests can come flying by, snatch the item (and all the rest nearby, usually) and be back at the crossroads. If you mention it, their response is usually along the lines of OOC: "Lol. I didn't even see you standing there!" Yes, that makes sense. It makes me not want to even try, sometimes, just because you CANNOT compete with a computer. Doing it myself wouldn't solve the issue either, that would cause more of an issue. So why does everyone keep...doing it?

Pretty much hit the nail right on the head, there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
                        I don't approve of auto-questing. I use aliases like net, broom, etc to turn in items quickly, but I never move around with aliases. It seems so robotic. And lazy. And dissociative....and...

I can do my run, which includes a good bit, nets, pitchforks, brooms, lanterns, misc. quest items, deer and stags, even...within around ten to fifteen minutes usually, ifI am not interrupted or distracted, and I make somewhere around seven gold each time, usually a bit more. ... I'm not trying to make anyone feel like crud for using an alias to quest, but for Gods sake, use it when you are utterly and totally alone and not when there are other people around, doing it manually. This is why people get jumped for things like "quest-stealing". Because you even make -me- want to jump you.
                        Bolded1: If you are going to argue that using aliases to move from one town/city to another is robotic, dissociative or anything else, shouldn't you also be arguing that using triggers and aliases for fighting and bashing are the same? I highly doubt that you bash fully manually, or anyone that fights does it manually. As for it being lazy, it is literally a longer version of using shadow gateway(or other similar skills).

Bolded2: With the 30+ quests I can name off the top of my head, I am more than certain that it doesn't really matter that much if it happens every now and then. Whenever I happened to do it, I usually went back and gave the person the item without saying anything - Maybe others should try that.

Underlined: Competing with someone else at the same level does not cause more problems. You have ways to do just as well as others do and choose not to use them - In effect, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage, one that you /choose/ to be at.

As for the last paragraph, that's just a terrible request to ask - Asking people not to use what is available to anyone because you have a problem with certain parts of it. Personally, if I was in the thick of it and only had a certain time of day that I could quest, I would damn sure be doing it all the time during that period. I would never hamstring my character because you{general you, not you in particular} are annoyed that I do it faster.
                        Last edited by Chyren; 21 September 2012, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• I agree with Dimetrius and Shax. While I don't think it should be outlawed or any such nonsense, I find it pointless. It's letting your client play the game for you, essentially, and that is something I want no part of. However, I also have to assert that if you have a flexible enough schedule, you can simply come on and do your questing when the land is barren and devoid of denizens...
                          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• The merchants regret to inform you that they simply cannot afford that much.
                            That is all.

Comment

• FORTY EXPERIENCE. Is way too much to lose from dying.

I spent a fair amount of time killing those heretics to get that xp.
                              Last edited by Dannil; 1 November 2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Trying being level 98-99 and having to bash for much, much longer to get back the experience. Forty experience is nothing if you're just afk-bashing heretics.

Disclaimer: Don't afk bash things. Only a saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X