Two Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Items

If you could have two items from the real world to give to your character to use in the game, what would they be? They can't be modern weapons or anything a normal person couldn't easily obtain.

I'd get one of those shake 'em flashlights and never buy another torch. Oh, and a big bottle of those survival pills that keep you from starving to death if you eat one a day.

What if I brought one my laptop and my ISP and played akanbar?

But really.

Hand sanitizer
    A mastiff.
    Last edited by Faralil; 4 April 2010, 01:07 PM.
    One day I won't suck. Today is not that day.

Comment

A musical instrument, and an umbrella.

Comment

If your character got your laptop and started playing Akanbar, chances are you'd create this infinite loop that'd destroy our prompts and perhaps the entire universe. Something similar happened in another MUD I was playing, when a deity disconnected while making changes, and their mystical orb, which has a laptop and pretty much everything else built in, was left lying out in the open. Some character found it before the god made it back, and used it to log onto the real world as their own player. The entire universe was actually destroyed. Luckily, Dr WHO managed to save us all that time. Can we rely on the good doctor to bail us out every time someone does this sort of thing though?
        Last edited by Alearis; 4 April 2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Hmm... mine would have to be...

Blade proof/fire retardant vest and rubber soled shoes.

Blade proof, almost every guild unable to attack, fire retardant, stops pyros, rubber soled shoes, no lightningfrom stormies
          Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alearis View Post
            If your character got your laptop and started playing Akanbar, chances are you'd create this infinite loop that'd destroy our prompts and perhaps the entire universe. Something similar happened in another MUD I was playing, when a deity disconnected while making changes, and their mystical orb, which has a laptop and pretty much everything else built in, was left lying out in the open. Some character found it before the god made it back, and used it to log onto the real world as their own player. The entire universe was actually destroyed. Luckily, Dr WHO managed to save us all that time. Can we rely on the good doctor to bail us out every time someone does this sort of thing though?

some of the things you say are mildly disturbing.
            Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

... Then we'll just aim for your head roran. Also fire retardant only works to a certain point.
              As do rubber boots if I remember right. But, I see your point though it will get infinitely boring when you win all the time. (in leafy ysallyra, warriors use roran as a shield!)
              Me, I'd bring/give a deck of cards, and a fishing pole.
              Cards fer gamblin', pole for monopolizing the fishing industry!
              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Pyrok, you have to ruin everything.
                Last edited by roran; 4 April 2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Yes, we are stalkers, because how do I know this: it begins with a 'C' then the next letter is 'A' then 'L' ^.^
                  Last edited by roran; 4 April 2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

a bathtub and the invention of plumbing ^_^ I SHALL BRING TECHNOLOGY!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia View Post
                      a bathtub and the invention of plumbing ^_^ I SHALL BRING TECHNOLOGY!

Brilliant! Mabye Dimetrius will stay clean now!

Comment

Roran's choices weren't all that bad, I mean they'd help. Flame retardant material will burn, yeah, but it will take longer and probably require a hotter temperature. The non-grounded soles on the boots will help too, but only until your soaking wet. Once you get rained on by that cloud, you'll be grounded again. And unless a stab proof item covers your entire body, you'll still get stabbed somewhere. Still, the items would give you some advantage.

Bathtubs and plumbing? That's pretty doable already, to an extent. But not in an inexpensive way that would allow everyone to have it. Each city and the big villages could have a bathhouse maybe that anyone could use for a fee.

Comment

meh, these are modern/un-invented and unlikely to be invented, but what the heck

The suit that guy wears on iron man... And... hmm... what else...a nuke ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by roran View Post
                            Brilliant! Mabye Dimetrius will stay clean now!
                            I'm sorry, I'm not the one living in the forest.

And plus, I have my horde of slave boys to keep me nice and dirt-free between bashing and killing you.
                            Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                            Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by roran View Post
                              The suit that guy wears on iron man... And... hmm... what else...a nuke ^_^
                              Originally posted by Alearis View Post
                              They can't be modern weapons or anything a normal person couldn't easily obtain.
                              I think you broke to rules, Roran. Horribly.
                              Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                              You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                              You say, "Go get it!"
                              You throw a light crystal to the up.
                              You have recovered balance.
                              Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                              Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Working...
                              X