Idling policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling policy

Edit: I should never have posted but it's too late to delete everything. In brief, I wasn't idling when I got unfairly chewed out and punished for it, and I think the policy isn't good for Akanbar even if it were being enforced in a fair and courteous way. I've deleted everything else because I should never have brought this to the forum.
    Last edited by Tsianina; 20 December 2009, 10:59 PM.

Ilessa is known for being one to combat idling, and usualy, she does a very good job of it. I have personally been given a warning for a very good reason from her.

That said, the idling policy of akanbar is not exactly something everyone pays attention to. Many of the trading guild members idle while thye cook/mine/farm, etc. Or, they sit in there house with someone else and make it look like they're doing something.

City leaders often don't do enough to combat it, or are taking part in it themselves. For some people it makes some sense, if they're level 90+ with all their skills learned and a city/guild leader, there isn't much to do except talk.

Pretty much, grin and bear it, or talk to Ilessa about her decision, and try to explain yourself. She is a human after all, she should be able to understand if you make it known what actually happened.

Comment

There's idling and then there's setting some things to be automated to an extent to avoid carple tunnel. I have triggers for panning, but when I'm panning I'm always paying attention and always watching. I've had people send me tells and walk in to check to see if I'm idling, and I've always been able to reply or greet them immediately. However, setting a system up to where you can actually walk away from the computer is something I frown upon, and somethig people should be punished severely for in my opinion.
      The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
      --------------------------------
      Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

That's what I was talking about. If you're there watching the spam, awesome. If you're on the couch 10 feet away reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, then you need to be obliterated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
          That's what I was talking about. If you're there watching the spam, awesome. If you're on the couch 10 feet away reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, then you need to be obliterated.
          I'm actually reading OP this winter break. I'm kind of scared of you now.
          Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
          You say, "Go get it!"
          You throw a light crystal to the up.
          You have recovered balance.
          Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
          Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Originally posted by Xinia View Post
            I'm actually reading OP this winter break. I'm kind of scared of you now.
            Don't let me catch you auto-mining, missy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
              This is where WiFi comes in handy.

Comment

Touche, good sir.

Comment

to be honest, i've caught myself surfing other web pages from boredom a few times myself. though of course, I tend to be alone when I do that. A lot of times I'll sit there on purpose, letting peeps think i'm doing it on purpose only to catch them off guard. hehe, its funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia View Post
                    to be honest, i've caught myself surfing other web pages from boredom a few times myself. though of course, I tend to be alone when I do that. A lot of times I'll sit there on purpose, letting peeps think i'm doing it on purpose only to catch them off guard. hehe, its funny.
                    Nothing wrong with that, I multi window a lot of times. If nothing going on in Akanbar, I'll go pan and be playing another game, but I always have my windows tiled to where I can see Akanbar, and pay attention to it. Lets face it, Akanbar can be boring sometimes, when there's no one really around, and you've run the quests and cleared the dungeons about five times.

Comment

I think the policy is fair enough. I'd much rather have it the way it is, than have anything change about the way crystals are gained. Even if you didn't gain crystals that way, idling should still be prohibited. What good is a bunch of empty heads?

Comment

Bongos, filling with thoughts, storage, flower pots, invent soccer... I could probably make more uses for empty heads. But I digress. On a side note: Alearis, you seem to be advocating a laizzez faire method of doing things. This isn a jibe against you, just making an observation.
                        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                        X