Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HTML5 Client

Hello,

Unless you've resisted reading the news this past week and have somehow evaded my creepy grins, you are aware of the new website as well as HTML5 client. This is meant to be a long-term solution for Akanbar's client situation, as opposed to that flash client we had or java 2.0 (RIP).

The link can be found at www.akanbar.com/client/ak_client/ . The guide can be found at http://www.akanbar.com/play-online-f.../client-guide/

I am making this post for three purposes:
    1) To alert people to its existence
    2) To keep track of bugs (alternatively, you can file a bug report, but for the first few weeks, I'm A-OK with it being here)
    3) To answer questions concerning it

Obviously, if you're reading this, it's likely you're a seasoned veteran of Akanbar or at least MUDs, so you have your own client that you've grown attached to. A major user of the HTML5 client would be new users, either to Akanbar or MUDS. I do believe it is a very powerful client, especially compared to the past three we've had and has the advantage of being backed up to server rather than a computer, but even I find myself still using my old client most of the time. It would, however, interest me if you could pop onto it for a minute and see if anything's broken or seems odd to you- something that a new player might discover and get discouraged from.

Finally, I will state that I am working on a screen-reader friendly version, though that has taken a backseat to me getting the HTML5 client looking nice for mobile users. If anyone has any bloody idea about screenreaders' interaction with html, especially with aria, send help.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

The mobile client looks great on android so far! Only concern I've had with it so far is that when I go to another app (messaging, email, etc) and then go back to the client it starts with a fresh login screen. I'm using a Samsung galaxy S5 with the chrome browser if that helps. Nothing too serious, though
    Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
    2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
    Words to Live By:
    "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
    "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

That's the mobile browser's behavior. I notice it on my tablet too, you go to another app and come back and all your tabs just decide to refresh. It's annoying
      A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

Not sure if adding to homescreen will help with this or not. I use android and have not faced this issue, but 99% of me using the client was me focusing purely on it (so unlikely I'd switch to another app).
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Greetings, Mortals,
          If anyone uses HTML5 client on firefox, can you please report to the vice principal? A player is having issues with their right hand side menu flickering and getting odd and I'd like to determine if it's a problem with them or firefox.

Comment

Tuuli's player system big.
            Tuuli accident, press 'delete' in triggers.
            Tuuli not know, what is gone?

Tuuli idea: Delete confirmation.
            Tuuli idea: Search in system?

Comment

Working...
            X