Clients for mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clients for mobile?

Anyone know of any clients i can use on a mobile? Just a run-of-the-mill standard phone, I think it's a smartphone, but i could be wrong. I don't realy know much about them... It's not an anroid or ios or blackberry though.
    Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Nope, I looked for a few when I was on a standard one, but until I got an android I never found one. Most standard phones don't even have java, so you can't even use akanbar's standard telnet client. I use blowtorch, but as far as I know, thats android exclusive.
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

It really does depend on the type of mobile. There are so many different operating systems out there, most manufacturers used their own a while back, before those three started taking over.

Comment

I've played on mobile now for a good two years. I don't think a old classic phone can handle a mud client. I will repeat a bit of Lawerence said that I could never find a way to play Muds on my old phones until I got my first blackberry four years ago.

For future people that do have smartphones, these are the mud clients I've used in the past.

Blackberry:

Midpssh

Sort of complex trying to download the application, you have to select the right version and it's been two years since I've had it on my phone. There are guides online on the steps you follow to get such.

Android:

BlowTorch #1- can have triggers and aliases. Colors in this one as if you were playing Akanbar. Lawerence mentioned this one. A+ work there sir!

Mukluk #2- Very basic and just generally sloppy all black/white text.

IPhone:

Haven't heard of any that has generating much noise, but there are a few out there.

Android users are lucky because BlowTorch truly is like playing on a computer. An example being, I was able to land eternity rune due to an aliases on Miri earlier today. The issue with all of the mud clients I've ever used on a mobile is bashing is quite impossible. I have found though that when I am on my cellphone client that conversations tend to happen much more due to lack of the mobility.
        Last edited by David; 22 September 2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I use blowtorch as well. it is the best one I have found, the only problem is it doesn't have variables, so its hard to do things like bash and auto heal. you can make touch buttons on it though to sip and eat arnica
          Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
          2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
          Words to Live By:
          "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
          "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

Well, I really only use it for mining. If I have to walk away for 10 or 20 minutes, its nice to not have to stop mining. and I can immitate my mining settings on blowtorch without any trouble at all.
            We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Yeah, mine's just got a standard samsung os. I'm thinking of trying to install android on it though, so I can get blowtorch.
              Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

Sorry to res this, but I had a question about the blackberry client, Midpssh. I put in all the information required. Username, password, www.akanbar.com as the host, ssh, the whole deal. And the authentication fails. I don't know if it's something that I'm doing wrong, or if it's something wrong with the client.

Comment

Also remember that the port is 23.

At the very bottom there are options that I cannot remember, but there should be a dropped down menu with different options, try every one and after you select try to connect to akanbar. If this doesn't work, uninstall whatever version of midpssh you downloaded and try another version. Just follow the instructions on the correct one to download.

It has been about four years since I downloaded/used Midpssh so I am not certain on all the details.

Comment

I was searching for one for my HTC HD7, and failed... Epically... Any suggestions?
                    You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
                    Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
                    You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

Originally posted by Vriel View Post
                      I was searching for one for my HTC HD7, and failed... Epically... Any suggestions?
                      What type of system does the phone run? I'm guessing its an Android right? Look for Blow Torch.

on a side note, I've found a simple way for people who -really- want to hunt from their phone.This will help you with keeping your health up. set up 2 aliases like,
                      sipon
                      sipoff
                      where sipon does something like:
                      m 2 sip health

and sipoff clears the macro 2:
                      m 2

then just trigger the drinking health line to send 2. it requires you to pay attention, but sets it where you don't have to manually send sip health every time.

Words to Live By:

Comment

Originally posted by derris View Post
                        Sorry to res this, but I had a question about the blackberry client, Midpssh. I put in all the information required. Username, password, www.akanbar.com as the host, ssh, the whole deal. And the authentication fails. I don't know if it's something that I'm doing wrong, or if it's something wrong with the client.
                        Dunno if this is still an issue. On your hostname don't include the www. Also if the option is there for telnet vs ssh or you can select whether or not to use ssh, elect not to. At the school computer lab I would have to use PuTTy to connect to Akanbar and even if I set the port to 23, if ssh was selected it would not work. So make sure ssh is not on.
                        A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

For reference, if you have a good client that you want to use and you are unable to download it onto a school or library computer (as I had to use a library computer for a week while my computer was in the shop), I suggest having a thumb-drive with a mud client on it. You will be able to execute the program from the thumb drive and bypass the usual regulations of not downloading a program on their system. It requires a touch of forward thinking, but is worth it.

While we are on the topic, look for an improved java client in the coming months.
                          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

I've done that before with mushclient in the library at school, but I couldn't get ZMUD to run from my thumb drive. think I still needed admin privileges. I dunno, but I'm out of that school forever thankfully. so no more having to do that.

Words to Live By:

Comment

Thankfully, it was not a mud program I was running off of a thumb drive, but rather a program I required for work.
                              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                              X