triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triggers

does anyone have a trigger, for cmud or zmud, to target someone who attacks you?

firstly based on your targeting system if you use internal targets or external variables.

i'm a portal guy so correct me if i'm wrong but i believe what you want to do is highlight the text of someone swinging at you and replace thier name with a *. then you must designate what variable that * represents like @target. if you work with external variables all the work is done there. but if you work with internal targets all you would need to do is set the reaction to be 't @target' i believe.

again please correct me if i am wrong. just trying to help out

Comment

You're pretty close. What you said would work in theory, but it's better form if you did something slightly differently. Let's say the line is:
      Javier swings his blade, amputating your arms from your torso.

The trigger line would then be
      (%w) swings {his|her} blade, amputating your arms from your torso.
      target=%1
      Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
      You say, "Ready? Ready?"
      You say, "Go get it!"
      You throw a light crystal to the up.
      You have recovered balance.
      Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
      Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

It's not worth it. If you're in team combat, and have six different people trying to hit you, you're changing your target extremely too much, and not getting anything done. Then again, you'd be dead in roughly 15 seconds anyways.

Comment

The only time I would ever want to automatically target a player would be at the beginning of a challenge.
          Charlotte Mayfair

Comment

Working...
          X