Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag

The last few days I've been having some serious lagging issues. Now it seems to be only to the Akanbar Website as it takes forever to load and then when I am playing Akanbar. All other websites and whatnot are working just as they normally do. Just curious if anyone else is having similar issues?
    To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

i personally haven't had any issues but i heard with zycandos' recent ip switch it may cause problems. you may try out putting in this ip for your client instead of akanbar.com.

IP: 64.34.181.5

Comment

Yeah, I already tried connecting to the ip instead of www.akanbar.com. I have no clue

Comment

So, I've been having intense lag. Like, a good 5-10 second lag at some points. It used to be a heck of a lot worse (two weeks ago) where I would get lag and it would disconnect me. The big difference that has me scratching my head is that the constant lag time (as in, baseline of how long it takes commands to go through) is horrible. When I had the spurts of lag, I was normal except for those spikes. Now it's like the lag has evened itself out to be constantly bad instead of sometimes horrible and sometimes good. Yes, that was a long-winded explanation.

I honestly don't understand how internet works, I'll admit. I'm more of the car designer rather than the auto-mechanic, if... that analogy makes sense. Anyway. I'm wondering if it's because of:

A) Akanbar?
        B) My system (I just did an overhaul of stuff)
        C) My internet

A- People have been telling me about lag they've been having and somewhere there was a post about it (I couldn't find it), but again, I turned off my triggers and it worked fast
        B- Someone else was working on my system on their computer states away (different internet) and it was working fast, so it shouldn't be my system?
        C- Let's face it. Mudders are a rare breed. I only know a handful of mudders IRL, none of which actively play Bar anymore, let alone use my internet. I've tried using an ethernet instead of wireless, but it's about the same.

So help? I can't spar, I can't hunt. I had to struggle to kill 4 skeletons. Four! I feel like I'm typing with my feet. And I'm not Peter Longstaff. So what the heck could be doing it? And how can I fix it before I curl up into the fetal position?
        Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
        You say, "Ready? Ready?"
        You say, "Go get it!"
        You throw a light crystal to the up.
        You have recovered balance.
        Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
        Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Originally posted by Xinia View Post
          So, I've been having intense lag. Like, a good 5-10 second lag at some points. It used to be a heck of a lot worse (two weeks ago) where I would get lag and it would disconnect me. The big difference that has me scratching my head is that the constant lag time (as in, baseline of how long it takes commands to go through) is horrible. When I had the spurts of lag, I was normal except for those spikes. Now it's like the lag has evened itself out to be constantly bad instead of sometimes horrible and sometimes good. Yes, that was a long-winded explanation.

I honestly don't understand how internet works, I'll admit. I'm more of the car designer rather than the auto-mechanic, if... that analogy makes sense. Anyway. I'm wondering if it's because of:

A) Akanbar?
          B) My system (I just did an overhaul of stuff)
          C) My internet

A- People have been telling me about lag they've been having and somewhere there was a post about it (I couldn't find it), but again, I turned off my triggers and it worked fast
          B- Someone else was working on my system on their computer states away (different internet) and it was working fast, so it shouldn't be my system?
          C- Let's face it. Mudders are a rare breed. I only know a handful of mudders IRL, none of which actively play Bar anymore, let alone use my internet. I've tried using an ethernet instead of wireless, but it's about the same.

So help? I can't spar, I can't hunt. I had to struggle to kill 4 skeletons. Four! I feel like I'm typing with my feet. And I'm not Peter Longstaff. So what the heck could be doing it? And how can I fix it before I curl up into the fetal position?
          I know how you feel, granted mine hasn't been that bad. The lag I am getting started around that same time frame. It's almost like my actual commands I enter are causing everything around me to lag. In most cases it's just the ISP fault after numerous calls to my ISP and speaking with Zycandos in the past who assured that it wasn't coming from Akanbar by doing a reverse tracert. The worst part about it all, is that the ISP will be stubborn as possible so calling them is a complete joke.....so basically you can wait for your tracert to work itself out or switch ISPs(but we all know how fun that is!).

Comment

Well, about a hundred of us ended up calling them/sending letters/going in person, making them acknowledge that they suck horridly. But besides that, "tracert"?
            You say, "Ready? Ready?"
            You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

Go to your start to the bottom left of your computer, click on it then go to RUN. Type cmd in the search and press enter, you'll then get a little black box that comes on your screen. From there you do tracert akanbar.com then hit enter. You'll see a bunch of numbers appear on your screen. If there are any large numbers than it's just an issue with your route that your computer is taking to get to the Akanbar sever. The shorter the path the better and of course the lower the numbers are the better your connection is to the server in Virginia.

(On that note....I feel like a large nerd and hope that made any type of sense....)

Example from work( point proven on nerd): You'll see that the connection the akanbar server here is rather amazing throughout. I think when I am at home I get weird spikes of like 150-200 lately instead of the usual 25-30 I am used to....just hoping that it'll eventually pass like last time.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>tracert akanbar.com

Tracing route to akanbar.com [64.34.181.5]
              over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.1.2.200
              2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms adsl-99-55-135-70.dsl.toldoh.sbcglobal.net [99.5
              5.135.70]
              3 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms se1-l0.toldoh.sbcglobal.net [67.36.167.167]
              4 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms dist1-vlan52.toldoh.sbcglobal.net [75.35.10.17]

5 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms bb2-g1-0.toldoh.ameritech.net [65.42.7.100]
              6 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms 151.164.99.109
              7 14 ms 13 ms 13 ms peer1-gw.peer1.net [206.223.119.30]
              8 34 ms 34 ms 34 ms 10ge.xe-0-0-0.nyc-telx-dis-2.peer1.net [216.187.
              114.162]
              9 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms 10ge.xe-1-0-0.nyc-telx-dis-1.peer1.net [216.187.
              115.181]
              10 34 ms 35 ms 35 ms 10ge.ten1-2.wdc-sp2-cor-2.peer1.net [216.187.115
              .222]
              11 34 ms 36 ms 35 ms 216.187.120.253
              12 34 ms 35 ms 34 ms 216.187.120.238
              13 36 ms 37 ms 37 ms va2.comsyte.com [64.34.179.207]
              14 36 ms 36 ms 36 ms 64.34.181.5

Trace complete.

Comment

Another option is....I usually work 8-9hrs a day throughout the week, so what I was doing during those times was unplugging my router for the day. When I got home, I'd replug it in hoping that it would possible take another route to Akanbar when it booted.

Comment

I'm a college student, so I might get kicked out of I tried something like that.

As for the tracert thing, I got a nice 7-14 pattern, but then one 125 out of nowhere.

I've disabled my prompt trigger and this sped up to normal rate, but that's risky to do.
                  Last edited by Xinia; 19 April 2010, 11:31 PM.
                  You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                  You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

I'm a college student, so I might get kicked out of I tried something like that.

As for the tracert thing, I got a nice 7-14 pattern, but then one 125 out of nowhere.

I've disabled my prompt trigger and this sped up to normal rate, but that's risky to do.
                    Mine just keeps saying 'Request timed out', haha.

But I don't dabble with the technical smart-people stuff o-o
                    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

And on that note, Akanbar seems to have just died. Anyone on?

Edit: Alright, seems my connection just got completely mangled for no apparent reason. Joy.
                      Last edited by Dimetrius; 20 April 2010, 12:58 AM.
                      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

I don't lag anymore ever since I have upgraded my cpu processor and motherboard, and its definitely not my connection since I can download at 1.2 mb. Apparently CMUD demands a lot of processing power, even after I cut down every variable and triggers to the bare essentials. Now everything works perfectly fine. :/ Besides that, I recommend zmud. It's a lot more stable than cmud and less laggy. Every patch Zugg tries to repair Cmud ends up adding more to the problem and boggling down the client's engine with more junk codes. I use mudlet for the ire mudding now. A lot faster and having a hundred triggers firing simultaneously at once doesn't seem to bother it.

Comment

Ah, I have zmud... >.> I wrote the zmud guide for here (I don't mean that in an arrogant way, by the way). But uhm, honestly, upgrading my computer in ways that cost money is kind of out of the question. I got my laptop used and it was downgraded from vista, so it should be relatively new (has a fingerprint scanner, woot!).
                          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                          You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

has a fingerprint scanner, woot!
                            Stuff like this only slows it down.

Comment

Wait? What do you mean downgraded from Vista? I had a 32bit and it made mudding with zugg's clients hell too. :/ Sure that might not be the cause too? If it is a laptop, then the problem could also be the RAM as well. Luckily adding more RAM to laptops can be done independently.

Comment

Working...
                              X