Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging in issues

Maybe someone can help me.

I can't log into Akanbar from my home anymore. I get a timed out response from pinging akanbar.com.
    I've tried using my desktop and my two laptops, all with the same result. I have called my ISP and they assure me they aren't blocking my attempts. I can log in from my work which uses a different connection.
    I've tried using a different modem and still no luck. Rebooted and reset all hardware, tried turning my firewall and security software off. I can browse without problems, I can connect to other muds without issue, log into these forums and the akanbar website. I'm about out of idea's.

The strange part is that it first happened when we went raiding a tower, after the first few rounds of hitting guards, I lagged out for 30-40 seconds, then had about 2 pages worth of scroll, shortly afterwards I lagged again and this time I was booted due to timing out. Then I couldn't log back in for about 8mins, each attempt timed out. Then this morning exactly the same thing happened, raided a tower, lagged then timed out and couldn't log back in. Only this time I haven't been able to get back in for over 2 hours.
    At no other time during my several hours of solo hunting and questing have I experienced even a hint of lag.

If I assume my ISP isn't lying to me, the only answer I can see is that my IP is being blocked somehow, but that doesn't make sense either. Any idea's anyone has would be welcomed.

Malic
    We don't need no water, ....

no idea if its related, but I have the same problem with going to akanbar.com with either the desktop or laptop. (although I lucked out when I went to purchase a subscription, maybe it just needs to be bribed?) but zmud doesn't seem to have any issue connecting to akanbar.
    You give the body of Mordikhan, Dragon of Bronze to Silas.

Silas says, "You just handed me a dragon."

You say, "Yes, yes I did."

Silas slowly takes a step back.

Silas blinks.

Silas has just walked south.

Comment

I've had my ISP release and renew my IP and nettalk settings, that didn't help.
      I can traceroute 19 hops before it times out.
      I can connect from home if I use a dial-up connection from the same ISP (But this isn't very helpful as it mean the rest of the family have no phone line and can't use the wireless access point in the house)

I'm really running out of ideas now

Comment

I have had the same problem as Marx. I can navigate to any page of the Akanbar.com site OTHER then the homepage.

Comment

There was a problem with the home page of Akanbar trying to refer to an old non-existant server to get the news from. It did load eventually, but took several minutes. That has now been fixed so you should find all pages work correctly.

As for Malic's connection, there does not appear to be anything specific this end. We have had players with problems in the past, which usually ends up being due to the route their connection goes. It's perfectly possible for it to be neither the fault of Akanbar or your ISP, because of how many hops these things take.

These can change from time to time, which is why people can go from having a great connection to a terrible one over night sometimes. We did restart Akanbar late yesterday, which may or make not make a difference

Comment

As is invariably the case, the mere recognition of the problem by the admin is a silver bullet.

Whether it was the restart or not, I just tried to connect and was successful. Thank you to all who offered advice and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
            X