X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudlet Mapper Guide

Mapper Function List

START MAPPING <area> to start a new map from the room you are in
    SET AREA <area> to change the room you are in from another area to an existing area
    MAP AREAS to see a list of areas in your mapper
    MAP ROOMS <area> to see a list of rooms in a mapper area
    MAP DEBUG to see issues and help with mapping
    SHIFT <direction> to shift a room you are in, in a given direction
    MERGE ROOMS usually after shifting rooms, MERGE ROOMS will merge identical rooms together
    ADD PORTAL <dir/manner> to add a special exit to a room. For example "add portal climb ladder".
    STOP MAPPING to stop creating maps

Try to follow a bought map as much as you can, at first, until you get the hang of mapping.
    You can also move rooms on your mapper.
    Right-click the background of your mapper, choose EDITING MODE
    Right-click a room and click "Move", it will move where your cursor moves.

You can also select a series of rooms by drag-drawing a box over the rooms you want to select
    The list of rooms you have selected will appear in the top left of the mapper.
    You can click any of the room names in the list to exclude them from your selection and click them again to include them.

Example of me mapping:
    START MAPPING TRAVANOK
    Then move my character in the direction points
    Little boxes pop up as your character moves.
    I SURVEY in each room
    I move east of Travanok and SURVEY and I am in Southern Swamp
    Then I SET AREA Southern Swamp, ignore mapping the rest of this for now, and move back to Travanok
    In Travanok there is a well.
    ADD PORTAL Enter Bucket
    This creates a new room ("Inside a bucket") but it is right on top of the existing room and I don't like that so I
    SHIFT DOWN to change the vertical level of the room
    Then move OUT. This also creates a new area, on top of the bucket room.
    I don't mind the OUT being on top of this room so I leave it as is
    Others could also SHIFT DOWN again if they wanted.
    When you are ready to enter the bucket again, ADD PORTAL Enter Bucket and it should link the room to the existing bucket room
    Then OUT again
    This might create a new room in Travanok but one that already exists.
    Likely it is on the layer above you, so you could SHIFT UP to find the matching room, position it over the matching room
    and then MERGE ROOMS, if you like, or you could
    Right-click the duplicated room, DELETE it, then LOOK again

Or you could select the bucket-room, right click it and set exits and change the room ID for OUT to the room ID that already exists in
    the middle of Travanok, this will link it better and then you can delete the other room without the issues that arise with deleting rooms

WHEN YOU DELETE A ROOM, all existing exits leading to that room from OTHER rooms are deleted, too.
    The mapper will not know where you are if the exits in a room do not match.
    You often need to move two rooms away from your deleted room to find yourself on the map again
    Then you can click the rooms around the deleted room to add the exits to the rooms again
    It is tedious doing this so I ward against deleting rooms and recommend just MERGE ROOMS when the rooms are identical

To add an exit to a room
    Right-click a room and choose "Set Exits" it will show you a list of exits.
    You can link exits to room IDs by typing the ID into the input box for each exit

Looping rooms and rooms with one-way exits are tough to map and which share the same name but are not the same location are tough
    I had my character throw coins of varying amounts to keep track of rooms.

When you are done mapping, type STOP MAPPING.

Your map data will be saved automatically.​
Working...
X