X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detahn
    replied
    Well the point is to make things easier and more realistic... If you walk into a store wanting to buy a pair of shoes, your going to want to goto a section that has your desired size, look, and price. Not the big dump table off to the side with 46 different types of shoes in it and dig and hope you find something you came into the store to find. You're going to want to see what the store has to offer of a certain brand and see if you want to pay that much for whatever differences they have in each other.

Leave a comment:

• Shax
    replied
    Honestly, you can just examine each piece to tell what quality it is. I don't see a need for it to show any differently. Clothing degrades over time, and if a pair of black leather boots I'm selling only has four months left, I price that single set of boots at a discounted price. The same goes for food, with lower nutrition. One is then, hopefully, going to assume it wasn't an error, and that there is a good reason it's priced at a discount. Just like I don't see a need to show the statistics of a weapon or a armour. You should examine anything you buy before actually purchasing it...in fact, I wish I had a sign in my shop that read, "No returns, all sales are final." -chuckle-
    And this is coming from someone who has accidentally priced a silk robe at seven gold, and then only noticed when it was purchased by an npc...

Leave a comment:

• Detahn
    replied
    Better Shopping for Smiths

STOCK BELT
    A nearby sign proclaims this as the establishment of Kinzie
    You browse the stock of the shop.
    ---------------------------------
    [1] 3s 0c "belt25359" a maroon leather belt
    [1] 3s 0c "belt40981" a lavender leather belt
    [1] 3s 0c "belt44145" a pink leather belt
    [1] 3s 0c "belt44157" a purple leather belt
    [1] 3s 0c "belt44451" a yellow leather belt
    [1] 3s 0c "belt44572" a scarlet leather belt

Same concept as this but with wares in a smithy's shop. Instead of:

STOCK BATTLEAXE
    A nearby sign proclaims this as the establishment of Derris.
    You browse the stock of the shop.
    ---------------------------------
    [1] 15g 0s 0c "battleaxe40657" an iron battleaxe
    [2] 40g 0s 0c "battleaxe41437" a mithril battleaxe <---

The stock would actually split the two axes apart since they are most likely made differently, and will allow the buyer to choose the better of the two weapons.

Now I know that the shop owner could just price each ax differently based on how well each one was made, but when you want mass produce alot of a certain thing, you're not going to want a crap top of different axes prices differently.

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• roeshak
    replied
    This is more of a question than an idea, for the idea from Charlotte about hanging torches and the likes, can you hang lamps? I would really like this for my house though its not an easy task to come by oil these days oddly enough with all the cooks and farmers.

One last question, the new arena, it was explained to me that the events there would automatically start each week in an alternating time pattern for the different time zones. What happened with that? The arena was open for a while when people were participating but even if its only two people on it would be fun to me. Maybe if only one person joins, they get a point on the plaque? Not that I really see a point in the whole plaque thing...
    Maybe we can erase the plaque each year and offer a prize for the overall winner?

Leave a comment:

• Jaethor
    replied
    Done.

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
    A "Reserve All" and "Unreserve All" set of commands for shops.
    Done.

Originally posted by Tsianina View Post
    When I check STOCK, have a line show me that the shopkeeper won't sell to me.
    Done.

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
    Yes but you can set things on tables, like if you have a group of people sitting around a table and someone brings in mugs and a bunch of food and sets it on the table.
    Done, but if I see people abusing this somehow, I'll undo it without hesitation.

Originally posted by Carllen View Post
    I propose a "CITY TAXES" command for Finance senators and their equivalents. As far as I know there's no way for a city official to see if a particular shop has taxes outstanding if that shop has a tenant.
    City shop tax* or city shop taxes*, but Done.

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
    Would be neat to be able to have fireplaces in personal houses, like in taverns...
    Technically done, but a month or two ago.

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
    Another thing that would be cool, sconces you could install, that you put a torch in and lights up the room, perhaps making the torch last a couple extra months?
    Done, minus the making the torch last longer.

Originally posted by Cherise View Post
    With the secrecy laws in Ysallyra, I think it would be nice if only citizens could check out books from shelves within the city library (this should probably go for all cities though).
    Done for all cities.

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Additionally, a "task forfeit" command could be useful so you don't have to wait for a task to expire before getting a new one. This could be used if you get a task you're not interested in completing.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
    It was My pleasure. Done. Your niceness melted My icy heart and made you lose only half the normal points than if you crashed and burned during a task.

If your idea isn't here, it doesn't necessarily mean it was rejected. A lot of ideas have been approved and are in the queue, but things pop up and take priority sometimes.

Ideas are being sorted into "yes" and "no" slowly but surely. More updates to follow and, eventually, a post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X