Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOGS: In-Character or Out-of-Character

Hello, Akanbarians!

On the 6th of February, I had a lot of questions about logs and whether they were something IC or OOC, or a mix of both IC and OOC.

In the end, I decided that if there was information that was important to share in the realm, and it came from a log, it should be shared in-realm.
    It should be recorded on a parchment or a book or a bulletin board post for it to be in the world and for our characters to learn of that information.

To me, sharing logs between players on Discord can in no way reach the characters in the realm.

Logs shared between players on Discord, over email, or in any out-of-character form is, to me, an out-of-character method of sharing information.
    If the information from the logs in an OOC sense somehow reaches the characters in the realm with no other trace of that information being shared with them in the realm, this, to me, is metagaming.

Interestingly, I treat the forums as an extension of the bulletin boards, though I do post in-character and sign off with my character's name for in-character posts, and normally start OOC posts with "Hello Akanbarians" in some form

What are all of your thoughts on how logs should be shared?
Working...
X