This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum updates

As those of you with eyes may well have noticed, we are currently updating the forums to a much newer version. So that we don't have much downtime or lose any content, we've decided to let you have access at this early stage before everything is completed.

What this means is that for a while, you will have to cope with white backgrounds and a basic theme. On the plus side, you'll still be able to post.

There will be a few bugs, so please bear with us over the next few days as we get these sorted. (The first and most amusing bug, is that the bugs section is bugged.)

There are also going to be new sections. Like an articles section (not sure how this'll work yet, who will be posting, or even if we'll have it). There is also blog functionality for users that we are looking into. This'll take a few weeks to finish.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to harass me, or better yet, Lord Jaethor.

My eyes have gone sunny side up!
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

As ugly as this looks to me right now, I find it absolutely beautiful that things are being tampered with.

You go, Gods
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Erm, the new forum will be white like this. It will just have different color scheme for usernames, the reply title bar, etc. I like the white background. I'm thinking of making the java client white background too.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

You're in luck, I'm also fond of crisp, white backgrounds. Unfortunately...I hate this shade of blue (and most others).

...will this likewise be permanent?

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
            You're in luck, I'm also fond of crisp, white backgrounds. Unfortunately...I hate this shade of blue (and most others).

...will this likewise be permanent?
            Before Lord Zycandos sees this and bops Me, I'll admit that I'm kidding.

Please feel free to direct your questions to Lord Zycandos, especially ones pertaining to forums, bug reports, ideas, questions for Jaethor, etc.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

So the forum background WON'T always be white? What part are you kidding about! :I

Also, are the icons negotiable? I'm having a very difficult time telling 'no new posts' apart from 'new posts', but that could be my cheap imported eyeballs.
              Last edited by Dimetrius; 11 September 2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

What is the expected timeline for the new forum to be more... permanent. I personally hate the white background as it is grating on the eyes. However, I do appreciate it for its... Professional like appearance? Not sure if that is the right word for it, maybe more 'organized' appearance.

Comment

Hopefully today it will be better, but things happen.

Icons, no clue. I honestly don't know too much about the forum changes just yet besides "wow, this looks cool when I click this button". It will be a learning experience for me just as much as you. The only difference is that I will look classy and handsome while learning.

Comment

Progress is being made. Hopefully just a few days till we have a better theme up and running. And no, it's not going to be white. White isn't very Akanbar...

Comment

Ok, hopefully everyone will now notice that the forum style has changed.

We've not gotten quite as far as I'd hoped in the last few days, but we're to the point now where I felt it was better to let you see what we have so far rather than forcing everyone to use the default until we felt these themes were done.

Currently we've got three options for you to choose from. The default dark with blue, a dark one with red highlights and of course the default white, for those who really do prefer it.

The aim is to improve all of these over the next few weeks. It won't be anything massive, just small tweaks and changes. There's also the possibility of one that uses some elements from the older one, thought that'll take a bit longer - if it even looks right at all.

Comment

More news. Blogs have been turned on. Their use is obviously entirely optional. You can use them as either an in character blog or an out of character one, or even a mix. Each post you make in your blog can be assigned a category. For example, In character elysian only. In which case that post would be readable only by elysians. Though as mentioned, that applies to that one post in your blog only, not your entire blog. Thus you can have a mix of different styles in your blog.

Also, articles have been enabled. This is very much going to be trial and error. Currently we've set up 3 sections. Home page, Wiki and News. Wiki is the only one currently open to public submission. Anyone can create articles, and they go into a publishing queue. There are also protected subsections. EG city ones that can be read by the city only. All of this may change, from who can post and publish to the sections. Jaethor is going to be looking for more input on this in the coming days.

Comment

This is absolutely beautiful, so far.

Eeeee.

Comment

Looking good. I like the red and black one -points to updated profile-

Comment

Working...
                            X