Events!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events!

This first post is simultaneously a plea for my fellow players, and me asking the powers that be if something like this is okay.

I'd like to see people start posting logs of events. I love events, I know I'm not the only one. I don't think they should be limited to the people that were on at the time though. I think everyone should be able to read over and enjoy them.

That said, if it involves a divinity, you should almost certainly ask permission first.
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

We are always, -always- urging people to write things down, it's so very rare that someone actually takes the opportunity. Generally BIG plot events, most often those that lead to releases or sweeping changes, are slapped up in the News section of the website, as you well know. While it's good and well to have logs and divine-written news posts to fill the rest of the world in, what we (or at least, very much I) would like to see even more is people chronicling important happenings in-game to fill up the libraries.

Take Pyrok's record of the Burning of Khazir, for instance. I might even feel up to the task of subtly rewarding good little mortals who do this sort of thing, as it goes a long way in terms of preserving lore and giving our work, and player contributions to said work, a lasting impression.

Also, come on. It just makes sense to do! In the real world, you don't have the gods coming down and pinning articles for people to remember history by. The people take care of that!
    Last edited by Nakarym; 19 February 2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with Nakarym, though I add the exception (or note) that if it's in the middle of the event, you not post it immediately. For example, the burning of Khazir. If it's right after Lamork hires Golgonath, don't post the log until after Khazir burns. Otherwise, naughty roleplayers will find out that it's going down and foil the plans. Basically, try to post the log only after everything complete and/or well-known.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

...also, please clean your logs up before posting.

Thaaaanks.

Comment

Working...
        X