Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Ranks

Howdy all,

Sorry it's taken me over 24 hours to post this, I've been busy being an upstanding citizen with nothing absurd going on...

I gathered a group of people at the crossroads and told them, but promised to post on the forums due to the nature. Combat Ranks are enabled. Players who engage in spars will earn combat points depending on several factors. You can opt in and opt out of said ranks. By default, people are opted in. to opt out, type COMBATRANKS OFF and similarly to opt in, type COMBATRANKS ON. Disabling them means that you will not show up on COMBATRANKS. Enabling them after disabling them will cost you a percentage of your points, but smaller than you would lose if you lose a spar. You cannot disable them during a spar.

The downside to this (and the reason I'm posting here) is that combat point calculation are very much in beta. It would be great if you players tested this by sparring a bit. To get you folks enticed, this <unit of time> will be a <unit of time> where 25% less experience is lost, so if you normally would lose 10% experience, you now lose 7.5%. If you normally lose 100% experience, you're probably very unfortunate.

Thankfully, already one bug was found by Shelandra. Thanks!

Feel free to ask any questions.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Just curious, I'm looking at the current list, and I notice that Taevin and Zinerva are the only ones on it. Can I conjecture that they sparred, and you get points (albeit a fairly small amount) for having participated in a spar at all?
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
      Just curious, I'm looking at the current list, and I notice that Taevin and Zinerva are the only ones on it. Can I conjecture that they sparred, and you get points (albeit a fairly small amount) for having participated in a spar at all?
      Taevin is in the ranks because I haven't yet zeroed out his points. Zinerva is in the list because she sparred Shelandra and won. If you spar and lose, you lose points. Since everyone starts out with 0, Shelandra lost and lost even more points, but it just ended up changing her score from 0 to 0.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Ah, cool stuff. *goes back to perfecting his battle cry*
        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Working...
        X