Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite MUD Client

Howdy kids,

Uncle Jaethor (can I pull that off?) wants to know your favorite MUD clients since we're updating the website. Rapscallion is off the list, tiny fugue URL is updated and RoAClient (??) link is updated.

Mushclient and Mudlet are strangely absent from the list as is CMUD, though ZMUD is on the list.

Does anyone have any other preferred mud clients? If you could list your client and your OS, unless someone else has already, that'd be wonderful.

Thanks,
    (Uncle?) Jaethor
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Blowtorch for phones... Cmud as you stated... meh

Comment

zmud, zmud, zmud....crackcrackcrack. I miss youuuuu.

I think Dimetrius got me going with Mudlet- solely what I use on my HP, since I lost the crack of zmud in my last great computer crash.

As for phone software, I splurged a little and bought a client called MUDRammer for my iPhone 4S. It was like...$3.99? It supports triggers with variables, aliases, gags, has different fonts and themes. It has a gesture control, so moving about the game is really fast and easy- other than up/down movements. ANSI color, and it will even sync your preferences from iCloud, if you have it on other devices.

...Uncle? D8 -horror-

Comment

Originally posted by Shax View Post
        I think Dimetrius got me going with Mudlet- solely what I use on my HP, since I lost the crack of zmud in my last great computer crash.
        I'm in the exact same situation. Zycandos kept on gasping in horror every time I mentioned I was using telnet, so I finally got a mud client. Cough.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

May not play anymore, but any data is good data right?

Used to be Portal, until certain in-game events - related to a very pesky "fem-sassin" and her anti-pyrok toxins. Then I got Mudlet, fiddled with the settings. Lost said settings, went back to Portal. Way easier to make triggers for.

I used to play with Blowtorch on my android phone but I'd go cross-eyed from staring at such a tiny screen, could only do 15 minute bursts. Then I got a tablet, much more eyeball friendly, the custom button function is nice.
          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
            May not play anymore, but any data is good data right?
            ^This.

I started on Portal, it eventually crashed and I lost all my settings. After that I used RoAclient for a while, but I didn't care for it at all. Finally I got ZMUD, fell in love, and eventually upgraded to CMUD. Never did find a passable Iphone client.
            We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
              ^This.

I started on Portal, it eventually crashed and I lost all my settings. After that I used RoAclient for a while, but I didn't care for it at all. Finally I got ZMUD, fell in love, and eventually upgraded to CMUD. Never did find a passable Iphone client.
              RoAclient is actually a thing used? Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                I think Miri used RoaClient. Though it's been a year and a half since we've talked. She was the first person I've talked to that did use it. I tried it out, but couldn't step away from my Z/Cmud love.

Also haven't found an iPhone client on par with my expectations, though looking at such a tiny screen never served me for anything but checking messages/popping in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shax View Post
                  zmud, zmud, zmud....crackcrackcrack. I miss youuuuu.
                  I know that feeling. Haha. I missed it too, when my psu/hdd both failed on my desktop... Bit my lip and upgraded to CMud since I was already spending a good chunk of money to get those replaced, and haven't looked back.

Comment

I have still yet to find anything that will keep up to my par for anything mobile, which is understandable honestly.
                    My first client, and one if I ever should lose all my setting (which is next to impossible) was portal thanks to Eitak and Icarus.
                    Icarus was always the type for zmud, rather cmud since is was free after all... Eitak helped me a ton, Akanbar was my first ever MUD and Portal was the easiest thing ever to learn to me and I, at the time, didn't know there was anything for the type of thing. I don't mind blowtorch as much as people think, you just have to have a set up for yourself that works and that includes IG for when you are on some shit like java. I will always, as most people do, love Zmud. Cmud can die for all I care, the settings from Z aren't always compatible and that is a really big issue to me. I have Mudlet currently, which I have no issue with considering what there is to work with. Granted, and I will say, Mudlet lacks the 'firing' that Z or even C has but for overall structure it isn't that bad. Frankly, its pretty well organized if you do your own settings and you aren't starting from scratch. With Zmud, and this is my only issue, I simply just hand a ton of triggers and things like that that weren't activated. With Mudlet, I can activate/deactivate those same triggers with nothing more than a trigger firing or even an alias. (the alias part being similar to Z). Overall preference will always be Zmud, then Mudlet. Cmud has the compatibility but not the 'user friendly' type shit like Mudlet, Zmud I would not recommend to anyone new to clients. Personally, this topic is a bit... fixed, simply because I doubt any of us have ever only used 1 client.

Zmud all the way, Mudlet if you don't have a crack or cash. Cmud = worthless trash. Portals = noob...
                    Blowtorch, as far as I'm concerned, if you are on mobile it's all you need. You can set macros to do anything, if you don't have those preset then you need to go back to java and start again... at least for Akanabar.
                    Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                    A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

For iPhone users, I would recommend MUDRammer. While there is a $3.99 charge to download, it is worth every penny and then some. It has macro/trigger capabilities, a command stacking toggle, varying output themes, and - by far the best part - a cute little joystick you can drag around to move instead of struggling to type every direction! The only app I have ever paid for, and definitely the most pleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                        When I first started playing Akanbar... many moons ago... I started with RoAclient. Its been so long... I can't even remember the name of the guy who helped me get started in it, I think it was Tenkai or something like that? I then moved to portal, and then fell in love with CMUD/ZMUD and used them up until recently(hate losing settings). now I only use mudlet when I do log in. and for those of you who aren't looking for a whole lot of bells and whistles for mobile, I use PocketMUD for iPhone, and blowtorch was the best I could find on android.
                        Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                        2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                        Words to Live By:
                        "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                        "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

PocketMUD is definitely the best (if not the only, now?) free mobile client for iPhone. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done if you don't mind just logging in for social hour - the obligation sort of logging in, we've all been there!

Oh, and I see Miss Shax has already plugged MUDRammer down below, hum hum!

Comment

Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
                            Oh, and I see Miss Shax has already plugged MUDRammer down below, hum hum!
                            Seriously, man...

Comment

When I started on akanbar waaaay back in like 05(?), I used the java telnet client for the first few months. Then Jaide and Zion were like "wat" so I got portal. Portal ended up nearly blinding me so i bought zmud and haven't looked back. I will cry if i lose my settings ;.;
                              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
                              bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
                              Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
                              You are 234 years old.
                              The year is 456.
                              Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

Working...
                              X