Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Poll

Greetings,

It has been requested of Me to host a poll to evaluate the player opinion on a certain topic. As many of you know, a large portion of the playerbase that reaches level 100 becomes bored and eventually leaves. Certainly, that ushers in a question of what to do with endgame players, as Dimetrius's topic discusses, but also "Is it too easy to reach level 100?"

Because my posts are rather long winded in general, I'll make this one short. I would like increase the experience required for levels 41-100. This would mean that before, a heretic would give you 5% experience (this is an example). Now it will give you 4%. Another consequence would be that players currently at level 100 would be scaled down to the early 90's range. If you're down in the 50's range, you will be scaled down barely any, probably remaining at the same level.

The goal of such would be to give players who enjoy grinding and hunting more to do, while maintaining a 100-level system and only scaling it down minutely.

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the topic or, at the bare minimum, for you to vote in the poll. As always, try not to vote twice, once with each character. I will be ignoring duplicate votes.
    Yes, I believe levels 41-100 should have higher XP requirements
    0%
    Yes, but I want to remain the same level as I was before.
    0%
    No, I do not believe levels 41-100 should have higher XP requirements
    0%
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

As previously stated, I'm fine with the idea. To sweeten the deal, though...could we have the level 100 feat reset once this change is put through?

Just because I'm heartless
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
      As previously stated, I'm fine with the idea. To sweeten the deal, though...could we have the level 100 feat reset once this change is put through?

Just because I'm heartless
      No. Even I'm not that heartless.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

I like it yes, question is can we get experience once we hit lvl 100?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          I like it yes, question is can we get experience once we hit lvl 100?
          As it is now, and for the future until someone has a terrible change of heart, level 100 is the end-all level and no XP will be counted after you achieve it.

Also, er, don't forget to vote, don't just reply.

Comment

Considering an experience preservation endowment for my other thread, hmm...lessening loss on death if you're level 100, for crystals...

David, go suggest that so I don't look like the egomaniac I am.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
              Considering an experience preservation endowment for my other thread, hmm...lessening loss on death if you're level 100, for crystals...

David, go suggest that so I don't look like the egomaniac I am.
              No... You're kind of bad at this.

Comment

I do not believe XP requirements should be higher, and I don't believe reaching level 100 is the cause of anyone leaving.

They would die at some point and have to get back up to it if they wanted. Personally I never like grinding for level in any game, its the tedious bit that I go through because I love the rest of the game. If it was too tedious I wouldn't bother.

Comment

I voted no. Grinding for xp shouldn't be your only source of entertainment in the game. While I don't think it is all that exceptionally hard to reach level 100, I think the system in place is fine. Either way, if they get bored when they reach 100 now... they'll get bored when they reach level 100 then, even if at a slightly slower rate than before.
                  Last edited by derris; 16 February 2013, 04:04 PM. Reason: just cause

Comment

For every max level person that leaves there are many more leaving who never reach a hundred. Most people after playing a game for a few years will leave and they might come back at some point or they might not.

Its a natural cycle. Some will leave after an amount of time and a few will stay on throughout the ages. Its the same in all online games.

The important thing is that there are new people to replace the old people who leave, thats hard for us sometimes because no new people will stick around if they log on to see no players on.

If I was a newer player trying to get my level up I would be discouraged to see the experience required being raised. It would not be something I would celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Demandred View Post
                      I do not believe XP requirements should be higher, and I don't believe reaching level 100 is the cause of anyone leaving.
                      Lack of stuff to do I think is the reason.

Originally posted by derris View Post
                      Either way, if they get bored when they reach 100 now... they'll get bored when they reach level 100 then, even if at a slightly slower rate than before.
                      I got bored long before I hit 100. Which I have never hit. Ever.

I don't think the experience should be raised. We already lose too much when we die and I think those people that are already at 100 just sit around and don't do anything anyway, so of course they'd vote yes for this...
                      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
                      bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
                      Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
                      You are 234 years old.
                      The year is 456.
                      Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

Originally posted by Zinerva View Post
                        I think those people that are already at 100 just sit around and don't do anything anyway, so of course they'd vote yes for this...
                        Admittedly, that is a very large part of the reason I voted yes.

On the other hand, I have seen a few people who seem to skyrocket up to level 100 in an alarmingly short time. While I don't think it should be an impossible climb (I only very, VERY recently got there myself, to be completely honest), I feel it would be nice to make the occasion that much more special. Make it a REAL rarity, you know?

(also I'm heartless)

Comment

While for some guilds it may not be hard to reach level 100, others I believe it is much harder. Also it would just be that more tedious of a thing that I already find quite tedious myself when I try going back from 99-100.
                          Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

I vote no.

I feel there a great many other things that could be done to keep players interested in the game that doesn't include more grinding/bashing.
                            We don't need no water, ....

Comment

Working...
                            X