X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
    -Waits for Jaethor's, "Oh my god, no."-
    Oh, it's coming! Heh.

However, I do rather like the idea of somehow using amassed crystals to reach a new zone. As for the Blood Island difficulty...eh...heheh. Maybe that could use some tweaking. I'll chew on the idea while I'm loafing around today, and maybe come up with some talkback we can work on!
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
      A lot of words
      Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
      Oh, it's coming! Heh.

However, I do rather like the idea of somehow using amassed crystals to reach a new zone. As for the Blood Island difficulty...eh...heheh. Maybe that could use some tweaking. I'll chew on the idea while I'm loafing around today, and maybe come up with some talkback we can work on!
      We've actually been working on more than one area that you can access using knowledge crystals. One has all the descriptions in and one a-certain-damn-guide passed on describing, so I have to write descriptions for. Don't bother discussing this; No offense, but your ideas will be ignored. I've stated several times that I don't accept ideas for new areas or new quests. "An area that you can access using knowledge crystals" = good. "An idea for the quest for the golden rose" = Still bad, nothing's changed.

Blood island difficulty isn't getting tweaked you wusses. Just because you can't solo it or do it with two other people doesn't mean it's OP. Toughen up and stop being wimps.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
        Blood island difficulty isn't getting tweaked you wusses. Just because you can't solo it or do it with two other people doesn't mean it's OP. Toughen up and stop being wimps.
        I didn't mean tweaking in regards to Blood Island. It was meant towards the idea.

No need to be inflammatory, even jokingly so

/feels

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
          I didn't mean tweaking in regards to Blood Island. It was meant towards the idea.

No need to be inflammatory, even jokingly so

/feels
          Mumblemumble.

Akanbar is a very diverse land sometimes in which there are many players who will go out and kill something, then stand atop their self-made pedestal and exclaim that there's nothing that they can't solo. I then introduce creatures like the Chasmikordyl or places like Mt Ijicen, Draphe and Blood Island (because some areas are clearly not challenging enough) and 9 out of 10 times, I get those same players complaining that they're not able to solo it and therefore it needs changing.

I don't do well when my coffee maker is out of order.
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

I am not sure if I have complained about those areas being too difficult. If I have, I haven't clearly directed my complaint. My complaint isn't so much so that these areas are hard. I am greatly pleased with their difficulty. However, the cost compared to the reward is negative. I'd only ask that the payment for said quests in those areas be looked at.

Take Mount Ijicen for instance. Most likely your ship will get damaged at most 10% for a round trip. Only one time have i gone to that Island and not encountered even one sea creature. The Damage to armour, scrips, and potions for just one beast, doesn't pay for itself. I understand that this isn't meant to be an island where only the big players hang out at... but there needs to be a higher level of incentive in my opinion.

Blood Island... I haven't really spent enough time there to say... but my gut says that the same applies...

Comment

Honestly, that hits the biggest of my concerns right on the head. While going out and raking in experience for killing the most difficult things in the land shouldn't have much of a reward aside from the experience itself and just having done it, there's a difference between it being a nice outing and just a huge drain on resources. I can go either way on it, but mostly I'd just rather sit it out instead of having to bash for an additional hour on top just to get my blood and coin back. It was fun to explore and poke at in the beginning, now it's just sort of 'maybe someday'.

However, I can't wait until I can find a decent pack to squish all of the refugees. All of them

Comment

Should you find such a pack of heinous fiends, know that I shall be around the next corner to thwart any such attempts!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                  I don't do well when my coffee maker is out of order.
                  Did you beat him unconscious again?

With Mt Ijicen I think the biggest issue is time. Its a serious commitment for a group of causal players, round trip without too many problems occuring still takes about an hour. And if someone has to leave early and can't make it back to the boat, the only way home is hitching a ride with the reaper.

The question is who wants to drive halfway across town to a supermarket when there is one right next door to you.
                  Maybe the apples are a bit juicier, but is it really worth it?

And yes, the "buying groceries is like bashing" comparison is deliberate.
                  We don't need no water, ....

Comment

About Mount Ijcen, I have been there one time. When a certain divine thought it be funny to magically teleport me there. I fought a couple of things and decided that it is not worth making the trip there ever... the drain is a double negative, for the time it takes to get there alone is money from my pocket, also it is a major pain in the arse to get there. I have no interest in it due to these reasons and therefore like everyone else it is left un-played.
                    Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Guys. GUYS.

Hnnnnnghhh.

Enough about Ijicen and unfinished quests and I can't blah because blah. Start a new thread, stay on-topic please.

(and hurry, before I derail my own thread for the third time)

Comment

Working...
                      X