Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary Bug Thread - No, it apparently can't wait.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. Question then. Would you lot prefer guild tasks to end if you leave the realms? I had it keep open when you leave the realms because if someone has a bad connection, they shouldn't have their fun ruined, but it unfortunately results in a lot of novices trying guild tasks, not completing them, and we have NPCs roaming the streets. Opinions?
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Sure it's messy looking and people get uptight about it, but there's been an upswing in people wanting more 'realism' in their game. Why not just leave those npcs wandering the streets? They want bustle. They can have bustle. I'm for keeping them roaming, but not so much for the novices. The NPC can wind up somewhere they can't really go to anyway.

Also, nice change on the account picture.
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

I don't think they should end immediately when you disconnect, no. Maybe if there was a timer of a few minutes, or even a whole day, I'd be okay with that.
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
          Also, nice change on the account picture.
          Thank you. It was due to the world breaking several times when implementing customization. At one point, I turned to someone and said, "This will be the sixth time I have destroyed Akanbar, and I have become exceedingly efficient at it." (or something along those words. I do not recall who I said it to, actually)

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
          I don't think they should end immediately when you disconnect, no. Maybe if there was a timer of a few minutes, or even a whole day, I'd be okay with that.
          Unfortunately, it's one or the other.
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
            Unfortunately, it's one or the other.
            Sad day

In that case, I would have to say I'm in favor of the novices and unproductive dock workers just sticking around. They can be culled without consequence, so I -personally- have no problems with them...

/shifty

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Went to view the city tradelog and got this instead.
              3136/3440h 430/430m > view tradelog
              03.08 7-12-12: *** Monthly payments of commercial tax ***
              03.08 7-12-12: Eight silver coins paid in commercial taxes by Weaver's store
              owned by Shax.
              03.08 7-12-12: Three silver and seven copper coins paid in commercial taxes by
              The Headsman's Basket owned by Shax.
              03.08 7-12-12: Eight silver coins paid in commercial taxes by Small bakery.
              03.08 7-12-12: Four silver coins paid in commercial taxes by Weavers.
              08.31 7-12-12: 3 Fish sold to the city by the village of Baresh for three
              silver and six copper coins.
              08.31 7-12-12: 2 Gold sold to the city by the village of Baresh for one gold,
              one silver and six copper coins.
              08.31 7-12-12: 4 Glass sold to the city by the village of Baresh for eight
              silver and nine copper coins.
              08.31 7-12-12: 1 Sugar sold to the city by the village of Baresh for three
              silver and two copper coins.
              08.31 7-12-12: 1 Silk sold to the city by the village of Baresh for four gold,
              two silver and one copper coins.
              08.31 7-12-12: 1 Salt sold to the city by the village of Baresh for one silver
              and three copper coins.
              08.31 7-12-12: 1 Diamonds sold to the city by the village of Baresh for four
              silver coins.
              11.44 7-12-12: 1 beef bought from the city by Siania for one silver and five
              copper coins.
              End of File.

Comment

Hullo hullo, just going to post what has been said.

Originally posted by Malic
                I've had this happen to me before. It occurred just prior to the change from one month to the next, and when I tried again a minute or so later after the new month had rolled over, I could check the previous month and got the right listing.

Comment

More Shadow fun:

Your shadow watches: Commander David, Harbinger of Death (Pact) has just galloped in riding a warhorse.

Comment

Key oddities:

ex key51997
                    You run your eye over a small iron key.
                    The small key is made from a dull iron and is intricately worked.

This key will open the lock on a metal sculpture. (34843)

-

ex key51985
                    You run your eye over a small iron key.
                    The small key is made from a dull iron and is intricately worked.

This key will open the lock on one hundred lumps of iron ore. (3189)

Comment

Its like raiding towers in Elysium. The stormwardens seem to adopt the appearence of a random person who is logged in at the time when they attack you. So you get what appears to be yourself lightning bolting yourself at times. I really did have a small moment of hesitation when Lord Jaethor joined in on the defence of the towers by lightning bolting David's warhoss.
                      We don't need no water, ....

Comment

deathcap viper slithers in from the west.
                        A deathcap viper sinks its fangs into you.
                        Path near the edge of a jungle
                        You can see by the light of a torch you carry.
                        There is a losetto bush here. You can progress southeast, west and northwest.
                        3490/3960h 477/495m > gallop se

You dig your heels into the side of a warhorse causing it to gallop to the
                        southeast.
                        Path near the edge of a jungle
                        Jungle near a black highway
                        You can progress southwest and northwest.
                        3490/3960h 474/495m > gallop sw

You dig your heels into the side of a warhorse causing it to gallop to the
                        southwest.
                        In the jungle of Sian Dorah
                        Jungle near a fallen tree trunk
                        Jungle near a fallen tree trunk
                        In the jungle of Sian Dorah
                        You can progress northeast, south and northwest.
                        3490/3960h 474/495m >
                        Your face turns black, before you keel over, dead.
                        The face of the Demon Lord Vorakkar appears above yours, leering in triumph.
                        Parting his fanged jaws, he inhales, and you feel something sucked out of you
                        as your vision fades to blackness.
                        You drop the body of a terrible sea hag.
                        You drop a stout axe.

GG! I know for a fact I didn't have the deathcap on me either....before hand that is.

Comment

Unless a group of us are overlooking some obvious flaws in our planning, village politics seem to be completely broken and locked in at their current state.

Golgonath has raised feelings in Khazir to Worshipful two days in a row, while Elysium has held firm at Enthusiastic and Ysallyra and Friendly. If Golgonath has been at the highest point, while Ysallyra is at the lowest - for two full game months in a row, now - why are they still trading with Ysallyra? Our diplomacy is set correctly, they just aren't budging. The same holds true in Kervoza, where Elysium has surpassed Ysallyra in terms of feelings for months as well.

Edit: Allegedly someone else knew of this problem, but in lieu of bringing it up for discussion instead decided to occupy a slew of villages while the rest were stuck under their city's control. Really cool to do.
                          Last edited by Dimetrius; 16 January 2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                            Unless a group of us are overlooking some obvious flaws in our planning, village politics seem to be completely broken and locked in at their current state.

Golgonath has raised feelings in Khazir to Worshipful two days in a row, while Elysium has held firm at Enthusiastic and Ysallyra and Friendly. If Golgonath has been at the highest point, while Ysallyra is at the lowest - for two full game months in a row, now - why are they still trading with Ysallyra? Our diplomacy is set correctly, they just aren't budging. The same holds true in Kervoza, where Elysium has surpassed Ysallyra in terms of feelings for months as well.

Edit: Allegedly someone else knew of this problem, but in lieu of bringing it up for discussion instead decided to occupy a slew of villages while the rest were stuck under their city's control. Really cool to do.
                            Yea, I noticed. I get that reported a lot and it turns out to just be bad luck that so-and-so city didn't get Kervoza this month, but they get it next month. I've forced diplomacy to change depending on the current situation (But if you were still on best terms with the village, you kept the village). I'll do that every 24 hours until the bug is fixed.

Comment

I'm not crazy! WOOOOOO.

Thank you so much

Comment

So I got a task from ilena to calm a raging storm in Haddamn...long story short, it didn't work *sad face*

Comment

Working...
                                X