Level in Akanbar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level in Akanbar.

When I started playing friends told me that level didn't matter in Akanbar for pvp combat, only for npc's.
    This seemed to be confirmed by some low level players who fought just as good as and often beat higher levelled ones.

Recently enough a warrior told me that there could be advantages to having a lower level if you caught someone by surprise with your damage.
    More in depth conversations however seemed to reveal that higher levels were better at healing and staying alive in challenges, thus outdamaging their lower level counterparts in the end.
    My own personal thoughts now are that most guilds (or all) for pvp are better off being a higher level.
    However I was thinking that possibly for some guilds the lower level could work as an advantage sometimes against higher levels.

The storm wardens were one. After a strike from a tempest the following extra damage from their lightning bolts would add a serious amount of damage, versus a higher level warden who is healing better but not getting the same follow up shock damage as a lower level warden right after a tempest strike.
    (Assuming of course that both are unsurpped)

Most likely my thinking is wrong and I would like somebody who knows a lot about level and warden fighting to set me straight.

(As well as for this to be a thread to discuss all things level related to clear the air once and for all. At least for me. )

This is wrong actually its mainly skill based, the lower your level the less damage you will take as a balance. Now sure, you have more health to play with so you will be able to tank more just because you have a chance to kill it before it can run you out of health. High 'leveled' players though can't heal better it all based on the same thing, level affects how much damage you get as well as how much you can health with a sip/arnica. The only guild I have seen a serious difference with is the Forsaken because they have an add 800 health so a sip would give back that percentile based on how much overall health they have.
    Hope this cleared things up.
    Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
    A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Ok so what you are saying is. Two warriors, both all unsurpassable skills, one level 90 and the other level 30. The level 90 one does not have any advantage over the level 30 one in 1 on 1 combat because pvp in akanbar is skill based with the levels of the two players balanced out by percentages for combat.

Essentially if I fight someone of much higher level but who's skills are the exact same as mine, I have just as much chance of killing them as they do of killing me?

Comment

Uh..no. This has come up multiple times and it continues to be wrong. I don't remember which god it was, but they told me that it was infact false and you were putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage for being and staying a low level.

Edit: Skill can make up for some level difference. Maybe 10-15 at most. any more then that and, with equal crystal investment into skills, the lower level should easily be handled.

Comment

Its like what I said before, if you have that extra 700 health to play with over someone even if you are doing a bit more damage to them it won't matter because they will still have more to go off of.

Comment

Ok I think I'v got it now.

But what about in the case of storm wardens specifically with their tempests? I imagine tempests do a set amount of damage?

Wouldn't the combined damage of a tempest strike and a lower levelled wardens lightning add up to more overall than a higher levelled wardens?

Do you think there might be a middle ground for them?Like low enough level (sixties) to get some extra damage on top of the tempest strike without having dire hp and mp, compared to a higher level warden who is harder to kill because of more hp but can't kill people as fast?

(Neither of these wardens would probably be noticeably better but because one has a tempest strike coupled with extra lightning damage and the other has a tempest and more hp they might be kind of balanced out with each other I think...)

-Any thoughts?

Comment

The tempests along with their own lightning strikes are based off of your resilience skills and what your defense against resilience is. ((You'll know what I mean there when you get the skill.))

Comment

Alright alright I have a new less serious question.

List the guilds for which you think level is most important and least important.

I'm going to go away and think on it before I post my list. Based on what Roeshak said earlier I'm probably going to have Forsaken on the top of the list for level being most important and Storm Wardens on the bottom of my list based on my own possibly muddled thoughts about the damage they could amass with the tempest.
                Templar and the warrior guilds are also gonna be at the top of my list for high level being important. Assassins maybe around the middle since any assassin with mixing has the potential to kill anyone but against someone who is better at curing mixed toxins they would probably benefit from the extra health to keep their opponent pinned under pressure without dying....

Comment

Mage guilds- They are just in my opinion, every one is capable of doing damage enough to kill their foes...some a bit moreso than others, but still when I was a Warden....I needed to be able to count on my cloud strike/dragon/lightning damage to beat any top tier fighting and to do that I needed to be able to absorb damage thrown at me instead of resorting to shield tactics. I moved them to the top of my list after doing a bit more thinking. They have a sprite that heals you on a % of what your total health is, and that little sprite is more important to the mage guilds than anything. Most fights usually end up in a shielding/trying to break vs Mage guilds because often their power is not enough to beat most guilds. I remember as a Warden always seeming like I was fighting from behind or never having the first shot at my opponent and couldn't imagine fighting anybody without being at least level 95+.

Pyromancer
                  Shaman
                  Warden

Assassins- Lowest Armour, most agile, health is important to be able to continue to afflict your opponents.

Forsaken- Basically let the theme of late is a Forsaken is typically not going to damage kill you, so again like the Assassins, they need to be able to eventually run you out of clotting, and by doing that they need to keep attacking while being attacked.

Runesmith- Health isn't very important for this guild if they do not have a decent internet connection to land eternity they are not going to be effective at all anyways. Health while important to any guild success here really isn't that important if the Runesmith cannot use their skills. Like I previously said, for an ability like showing death to be as powerful as a fully Unsurpassable Warden damage....health won't be an issue for Runesmiths at a young age let alone completely trained.

Melee guilds- Personally I'd take a level 60 Melee fighter in a fight with all Unsurpassables than any other class because Melee fighters are exceptional and well thought out whether it be the Shadow Warriors, Templars, or Black Legion. Each one of these guilds have specific traits that make them the top tier guilds of Akanbar whether it be escaping/healing/damage....I just don't think health is a determining factor in a vital success of a Melee class compared to the others.

Shadow Warrior
                  Legion
                  Templar
                  Last edited by David; 14 May 2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I am pretty surprised that melee guilds are bottom of your list David. Any chance of an explanation?

My list at the moment is Forsaken, Templar, other Melee guilds, Assassins, Pyro's, Wardens.
                    (with shaman and runesmiths excluded as I don't know much about them yet)

Comment

Level being most important to least important.

Assassins
                      Melee (Any of them)
                      Forsaken
                      Runesmiths
                      Mages

This being put in order that say all skills are unsurpassed. Assassins needs the health boosts cause I'm basing this as a whole, bashing included not just solely pvp. They don't have the armour or the damage to stand up against npc's the way other guilds do. Melee coming in second cause yeah mount circle/stancing/shielding all do aide a lot with bashing but as a standard stand up fighter unless you are swing, circle (heal) circle, swing its easy to have the damage stack on you. Forsakens have a lot of skills that are useful to decrease the damage done to them as well as various methods of increasing their healing. Runesmiths can shield tank as well as all mages. Though in saying this last part, Runesmiths for pvp don't have much of an advantage but can have better armour and better weapons than Melee people plus those golems are pretty harsh if the skill is unsurped.
                      I did generalize though.

Comment

I edited my response for you Dannil good fellow.

Comment

I saw the edit, thank you for that. All I can say is good answer.

I was surprised to see mage's at the top of the list.
                          The reason being because I remembered some mage's from years ago that were a lowish level but who were beating the high levelled players.

Having said that akanbar can be like that sometimes, even someone from whichever guild level is most important for can take someone of higher level from another guild on any given day.

Roeshak. I would be real interested to hear why, unlike David, you have Mage's at the bottom of your list?

(Also out of interest. Where would assassins be on your list if you were basing it solely on pvp? Or where would everyone be on your list if basing it on pvp only?)

Comment

My list is for pvp purposes as to me, that is what matters most. PvE....any of the guilds can usually hold their own.

Comment

Yeah the list was meant to be only pvp. Its just that in Roeshaks one he said the he included bashing and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X