Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
    Inquiry!

Would it be possible to code emotes to be realm specific? I don't mean things like the duality of GRIN, but entire emotes that only work for one of a specific realm.
    It would have to be something exceedingly realm specific ie not "tsk" or "chuckle".

I don't mind duality emotes as well.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
      It would have to be something exceedingly realm specific ie not "tsk" or "chuckle".

I don't mind duality emotes as well.
      Perfection, as is usual. Thank you, thank you.

...though, what about GUILD specific?
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
        Perfection, as is usual. Thank you, thank you.

...though, what about GUILD specific?
        You are getting into an iffy area. Let us just keep it at city at the most restrictive for now. Maybe down the line we can have more restrictive ones.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

You are getting into an iffy area. Let us just keep it at city at the most restrictive for now. Maybe down the line we can have more restrictive ones.
          Fear not - I will tackle this task, and return with a longer list of boundaries to push.

:>

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Greeting Guild Tutors

I am not quite sure whether I should have placed this in the idea thread or not, but I felt that this would be the best place considering what I have read in this thread.

It sounds like an Emote could be applied for NPCs Guild Tutors. As it stands, when I greet any of the guild tutors within Golgonath, I get no response. I am wondering if it would be possible for the guild tutors to have varied responses. Maybe a response for guild members and a response to non-members. I'd imagine that some Tutors would be hostile regardless, where as others would use the interaction as an attempt to persuade the player to join their ranks.

Could be an interesting way to create a greater level of immersion or to have a bit of comical jesting between the guilds.

*** I understand that some tutors across the land might have quests. One could still get information concerning the quest by greeting the individual once more. So once the greeting is said, the next would be the quest, and it would just constantly switch between the two greetings. ***
            Last edited by Kaal; 15 July 2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal View Post
              I am wondering if it would be possible for the guild tutors to have varied responses.
              I just had a thought along the same lines, oddly enough.

While it may seem like a small, insignificant thing to some, I wouldn't mind our tutors having a little depth.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal View Post
                Kaal's Quest Idea
                This has been implemented. A thanks to both Kaal for coming up with the idea and Dimetrius for writing the greetings. Both will receive a special gift basket in the mail and promotions from "mortals" to "Off the menu".

Comment

RUBCHIN
                  Code:
                  You pause for a moment, rubbing your chin in thought.
                  -
                  Dimetrius pauses for a moment, rubbing his chin in thought.
                  ... or BLANKSTARE
                  Code:
                  You stare blankly into the distance, saying nothing at all.
                  -
                  Dimetrius stares blankly into the distance, saying nothing at all.

Comment

Greetings

For anyone who might be interested, we are still very much looking to add some new emotes to the mix. A few have been picked out of this thread and added already, and a few more are being shuffled into consideration, so keep them coming! You can do as some have and write up some suggested messages, or just drop a word and a general 'feel' for what you'd like to get across.
                    Last edited by Nakarym; 31 May 2013, 02:34 PM. Reason: Jaethor

Comment

Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
                      Hi folks!
                      Your spirit is in need of some breaking.

Comment

Your spirit is in need of some breaking.
                        The error has been corrected.
                        Last edited by Nakarym; 31 May 2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Rejoice!

One can now BROOD, SWOON and SHUFFLE with the best of them.

Comment

DUMBFOUND-
                            *Lord Nakarym's jaw drops, obviously dumbfounded by what just happened.
                            *Your jaw drops dumbfoundedly at the sight of what has happened.
                            DUMBFOUND JAETHOR-
                            *Lord Nakarym's jaw drops, dumbfounded by what Lord Jaethor has done.

DISGUST-
                            *Lord Jaethor frowns in disapproval of at the actions that just transpired.
                            *You frown in utter disapproval.
                            DISGUST NAKARYM-
                            *Lord Jaethor frowns in disapproval at Lord Nakarym, clearly disgusted with his actions.

INSPIRE-
                            *Lord Zycandos fills you with inspiration with some words of encouragement.
                            *You inspire those around you with your enthusiasm.
                            INSPIRE BRALNOK-
                            *Lord Bralnok's demeanor changes as Lord Zycandos gives him some words of encouragement.

Also, more evil emotes for the Golgonian's? I mean, grinning evilly is fun and all, but can we get an evil laugh, chuckle, ponder, drool, bites, scoff, thirsty, etc... many of these could easily have a more evil intent to them
                            Tis' Only a Flesh Wound! Bring the Bunny Back!

Comment

Originally posted by Detahn View Post
                              can we get an evil laugh (muhaha), chuckle (snicker), ponder (brood), drool (my noble Golgonians do not drool), bites (join the Forsaken), scoff, thirsty, etc... many of these could easily have a more evil intent to them
                              Though, I have been neglecting my long since self-appointed project of finding city-specific emotes across the board. Will see what can be done there...tomorrow...also I'm fond of at least two of your suggestions! Keep them coming. Time for me to start making faces at Lord Jaethor.

Comment

Working...
                              X